The strip, the otter recipe, help Dave even if he doesn't as

Xzadfor
Regular Poster
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Post by Xzadfor »

I wonder if Silverblue is going to marry Fnar by the end of this? :smile:

Take an otter, bread it, bake at 350 for 2 hours. Serve warm.

Now let me sound off for Dave. Dave didn't put me up to this and if I asked, he would probably say no but here it goes anyway:

I don't know about the rest of you but I really look forward to the strip days. I get a lot of entertainment value out of this strip and this message board. I'm sure I'm not alone.

My call here in this post is to ask the membership to help keep JACK going by using the PAYPAL link to send Dave a small thanks for his work. If everyone who read jack even sent Dave 1 dollar a month it would be enough to make a good enough impact on Dave's life, I'm sure.

I'm not saying I know Dave needs the help. I don't, but I do know he's a security guard and guards don't get paid much. The worst thing that could happen is if he needed to get a new job to make more and didn't have most of his shift to draw the comic.

Maybe a lot of fans are under 18 or don't have the requirements to join PAYPAL and send even a dollar. In that case, don't sweat it. Send people to read Jack who may choose to help support it.

For those of you who do not know, if you sign up for PAYPAL and reference Dave as the referral, he gets 5.00 just for you joining (you use his email to do that in the form).

So please consider showing your appreciation for the guy who gives us all a lot to talk about and something to look forward to on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you are unsure at least look into seeing if you can start an account.

Thanks! :smile:
-Xzadfor
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
- Jack Handey

Striker
Regular Poster
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria

Post by Striker »

Grr...I know, and I want to donate, I just can't...yet.

I can't activate my PayPal account until I get my damn credit card bill...

Michael Ezaiany
Regular Poster
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Post by Michael Ezaiany »

Well, that'd help Dave, but I still can't donate anything, no matter how hard I try. I'm from Czech Republic and you all know the value of 1 czech crown compared to 1 dollar. I don't have a creditcard since I'm not 18 and there's no chance for me to get it, since our family lack money (dad hasn't a jobm we only survive thanks to part-time jobs he takes. it shoukd get better by the end of the next month). The main thing is: No matter how I want, I still can't donate anything.
"I like the word 'infinite'. It's so simple and yet, so undescribable." ~Michael Ezaiany

-Official Greeter for the Jack Forum

User avatar
CPOK
Regular Poster
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Australia. Not Austria.

Post by CPOK »

Tell you what Michael Ezaiany. I'll donate AUD $2 for me and AUD $2 for you. (works out to be about USD $2.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but bribery gets me everywhere!
"A bullet may or may not have your name on it, but shells are merely engraved with 'to whom it may concern'."
-Anthony Loyd
Image
Anime: its not about the big guns, Its about the bouncies!

Arcaton
Regular Poster
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: London, England
Contact:

Post by Arcaton »

Sounds fair.

Michael Ezaiany
Regular Poster
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Post by Michael Ezaiany »

You're making me embarresed :wink:
I can't accept that unless you're completely sure that it won't cause you any problems.
"I like the word 'infinite'. It's so simple and yet, so undescribable." ~Michael Ezaiany

-Official Greeter for the Jack Forum

Striker
Regular Poster
Posts: 388
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria

Post by Striker »

Hell, I'll throw in a dollar for you too (just got my pay for the last two months :grin:)...

User avatar
CPOK
Regular Poster
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Australia. Not Austria.

Post by CPOK »


------------------------------
Payment Details:
------------------------------

Amount: $2.00
Transaction ID: Classified
Quantity: 1
Item/Product Name: Donation from CPOK and Michael Ezaiany
Buyer: Classified
There you go Michael Ezaiany and David.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but bribery gets me everywhere!
"A bullet may or may not have your name on it, but shells are merely engraved with 'to whom it may concern'."
-Anthony Loyd
Image
Anime: its not about the big guns, Its about the bouncies!

User avatar
CPOK
Regular Poster
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Australia. Not Austria.

Post by CPOK »

On 2002-03-27 06:00, Michael Ezaiany wrote:
You're making me embarresed :wink:
I can't accept that unless you're completely sure that it won't cause you any problems.
I am also only a security guard. But $2 AUD is fine.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but bribery gets me everywhere!
"A bullet may or may not have your name on it, but shells are merely engraved with 'to whom it may concern'."
-Anthony Loyd
Image
Anime: its not about the big guns, Its about the bouncies!

Michael Ezaiany
Regular Poster
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Post by Michael Ezaiany »

Wow... dunno what to say. Would 'Thank you very much' help?
"I like the word 'infinite'. It's so simple and yet, so undescribable." ~Michael Ezaiany

-Official Greeter for the Jack Forum

User avatar
CPOK
Regular Poster
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Australia. Not Austria.

Post by CPOK »

On 2002-03-27 06:30, Michael Ezaiany wrote:
Wow... dunno what to say. Would 'Thank you very much' help?
No problem mate...that is what mates are for.
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but bribery gets me everywhere!
"A bullet may or may not have your name on it, but shells are merely engraved with 'to whom it may concern'."
-Anthony Loyd
Image
Anime: its not about the big guns, Its about the bouncies!

Krikkit
Regular Poster
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Post by Krikkit »

------------------------------
Payment Details:
------------------------------

Amount: $10.00
Transaction ID: **********
Quantity: 1
Item/Product Name: Donations

--------------------------------

I consider this my subscription fee for JACK, and for a couple of you younger folk who are a bit too timid to try running around and getting a credit line(sokay, I was), you can consider yourselves covered in a couple of these dollars.:smile:

Xzadfor
Regular Poster
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Post by Xzadfor »

Thanks to everyone, I'm sure Dave appreciates it a lot.

For those who can't kick in, that's ok. Don't feel bad. Believe me, I know what it's like to come from humble begginings. Giving help should never hurt you own finances.

Personally I donate about 10.00 / month but I can afford to.

It's an odd climate for artists these days. Even the guy who draws Kevin and Kell has a patron program to help him out. Web advertising stinks for money these days and I know Keenspace doesn provide a dime to art listed there.

As far as I can tell KeenSpot pays something for the people there and Plan 9 publishing, who picks up a lot of the comics and makes them into booklets pays something but no one is making a living off of this. It's all a lot like sharing your stuff with friends, as far as the community goes so it's nice that we all do what we can in return.
-Xzadfor
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
- Jack Handey

Xzadfor
Regular Poster
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Post by Xzadfor »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xzadfor on 2002-03-28 06:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xzadfor on 2002-03-28 06:58 ]</font>

Xzadfor
Regular Poster
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Post by Xzadfor »


Michael Ezaiany
Regular Poster
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:

Post by Michael Ezaiany »

Uh, why do you keep kicking this to the top?
"I like the word 'infinite'. It's so simple and yet, so undescribable." ~Michael Ezaiany

-Official Greeter for the Jack Forum

Xzadfor
Regular Poster
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Post by Xzadfor »

I haven't seen any good otter recipes yet.
-Xzadfor
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
- Jack Handey

Merlark
Regular Poster
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Citadel Station

Post by Merlark »

Well it really depends on what type of otter you are planning to use. now your pacific ocean otter has that 'from the sea' so it is best searved baby back otter ribs and flippers with BBQ suace, i like the shrimp on ice personaly to give it a little zest...

Now, river otter is diffent and are best breaded or marinated for 3 hours. i usualy stuff mine with my favorit mix with oysters or scallops.

and oh yeah, its about time to give the tipping jar anouther stuffing too. my banks being a bitch but i'll remind myself to chip in friday. :smile:
Merlark -
"Where are all the scooby snacks!?"

Xzadfor
Regular Poster
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Post by Xzadfor »

That sounds nice. I wonder if you tenderize the river otter with a club for a while, can you marinate it in less time?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xzadfor on 2002-03-29 09:46 ]</font>

Xzadfor
Regular Poster
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Post by Xzadfor »


Locked