Ok...what's goin' on?

Locked
Angel
Regular Poster
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Sarasota, FL, USA
Contact:

Post by Angel »

I like the new keenspace message board layout and all, but we can't get to it from the regular Jack website! I wonder why? Has the address changed? Anyway. Anyone who can answer feel free to help me!

Jen

Foddercat
Regular Poster
Posts: 504
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Foddercat »

Well, the new forum is on a different adress, and I'm not sure whether I like it now or how it was myself... A little quicker now... but not as pretty... Ah, who am I kidding? I'm just resisting change :razz:

I'm pretty sure Dave's gonna update the link soon, so you'll (probably) be able to get to the new forum from the Jack page soon.

DavidHopkins
Regular Poster
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by DavidHopkins »

I'll begrudgedly update it yes, but ugh I hate this color scheme this layout,, ugh...

DavidHopkins
Regular Poster
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by DavidHopkins »

The deed has been done, the mark has been made...

Fergus
Regular Poster
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Post by Fergus »

Ich.
Forum's connected to Jack again, so that's cool.
Forum itself is extremely uncool. (sorry, colors and things are uncool. Forum's residents are still cool)
What happened? I take it you weren't consulted Dave?

Ashton Webster
Regular Poster
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Post by Ashton Webster »

I agree... people are the same, but the layout, the colors... good thing they haven't put MUSIC here. :smile:
I've changed my nick to 'Michael Ezaiany'

DavidHopkins
Regular Poster
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by DavidHopkins »

It wouldnt be music, it would be musak (Like what they play in malls)

Ashton Webster
Regular Poster
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Post by Ashton Webster »

If they put here that weird musak thing everyone would be runnning in circles, screaming : "AAAARGGGHH! MAKE IT STOP!!!" :smile:
I've changed my nick to 'Michael Ezaiany'

BigNemo
Regular Poster
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Western Europe

Post by BigNemo »

Two or three things:

in the user preferences, there is now a 'theme' thing - doesn't seem to do anything actually (just tried to change from 'default' to 'ocean' - I guess 'ocean' is default...)

threads in the forum used to be sorted by date of last posting - looks like isn't working that way any more (maybe it's just me on Monday...)

a few codes for smilies have changed - if you use them , remember to check out.
Long live and prosper

ZOMBIE USER 7441
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Post by ZOMBIE USER 7441 »

On 2002-02-18 01:45, Fergus wrote:
Ich.
Forum itself is extremely uncool. (sorry, colors and things are uncool. Forum's residents are still cool)
What happened? I take it you weren't consulted Dave?
Considering that Dave's getting free web space for Jack (with the traffic of this board and for the comics themselves, bandwidth isn't exactly cheap), he doesn't really have a whole lot of room to complain. :wink:

(I agree, though, the new forum layout leaves something to be desired... Dammit, I want convenient thread-surfing controls! :razz: )

Youmna
Regular Poster
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA

Post by Youmna »

The thread-surfing controls are what get me . . . I liked being able to go from thread to thread without going back to the main forum page.

I wonder if anyone out there is listening to us complain. . .? :razz:

Ashton Webster
Regular Poster
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Post by Ashton Webster »

Sure, someone is listening to us. And one day, he'll come down and beat the Hell out of us! :smile:
I've changed my nick to 'Michael Ezaiany'

Bryce
Regular Poster
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Sunshine State
Contact:

Post by Bryce »

New... Colors... Making... Brane... Hert...

*begins search for some tool to strip color information from webpages*
<A HREF="http://www.furnation.com/bryce/" TARGET=_blank><B>Every web-comic I enjoy.</B></A>
A = tsspauls, Y! = BryceOwen, M = firehawk@jaxnet.com, I = 7816550

DavidHopkins
Regular Poster
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by DavidHopkins »

Well I see it this way, for all the trafic I'm creating = I'm doing my job of seeling Ad's well = I can bitch if I wanna;)

Bryce
Regular Poster
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Sunshine State
Contact:

Post by Bryce »

Well, at least there's a search feature now...

Or was there one before that I never noticed?

Or am I thinking of EZ boards?

Cypress
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Canada, thats all youll get!
Contact:

Post by Cypress »

I dont know, cant really complain, the colours could of been worse and this scheme makes me think of a police officer's riot gear!

Now, if the board was pink and neon green... I would go apeshit and bitch for an eternity, faster load speed is nice though, and the hits aspect is groovy.

Did anyone see the smilly legend? there is a whole smack load of new ones to choose from.

The one thing I will complain about though is the lack of emoticons when you make a post, thoses little emotion header things will be dearly missed... although I'm sure they where causing more lag than anything.
Arena Master
_________________
What happens when you die? Flip the switch and find out!

User avatar
Urban Wild Cat
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Urban Wild Cat »

Kyhm @ the E-Now forum set up phpbb (the BB provider that supplies this new board) at his site, and it was possible for the moderator to change the colour scheme.

Locked