Survey type thing

Postby Scruffie on Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:29 am

Damn you Elizabeth Sherry! You hath me snared!
Me? I'm just the sex appeal.
Scruffie
Regular Poster

Postby UnitedmothersINC on Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:26 pm

me 2!! im pure 2!! this is my first and only webcomic....

a friend of mine really like the comic suggested it to me and this is my first ever webcomic--not even going through other links!!!
UnitedmothersINC
Regular Poster

Postby Dr_Looney on Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:37 pm

Yep, my first too - although I also, scarily enough, found YTOTW through Larry Vales... I'm guessing this is due to LV being on Underdogs and Yahtzee being less easy to..er...find. Yeah.
I don't need no arms around me.
I don't need no drugs to calm me.
Dr_Looney
Regular Poster

Postby RhubarbCelestial on Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:39 pm

My first was YTOTW, through Rob Blanc. I got a crush on Yahtzee cos of it. My favourite webcomic is now Wendy though, at http://www.cutewendy.com
RhubarbCelestial
Regular Poster

Postby SimeSublime on Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:02 pm

Thats probly it, but does anyone know about LV3?
Puffins are Supreme.

The customer may always be right, but that doesnt mean that they have an ounce of intelligence ~Phrasz~
SimeSublime
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 7833 on Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:10 pm

Y'know, I wonder if the results aren't just a little bit off due to where the survey was. Obviously in the Yahtzee board, a large portion of the readership would have started with Yahtzee, and post in the boards since it's their favorite. Naturally the votes would lean towards whichever's comic you started the forum in. Nothing wrong with this, but if you're actually doing it for research, wouldn't you need less biased results? Perhaps in the General Discussion area of Keen space or spot. Just a thought, don't know if that'll actually influence anything or not.
ZOMBIE USER 7833
Regular Poster

Postby Elizabeth Sherry on Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:24 pm

On 2002-03-25 14:10, JasterW wrote:
Y'know, I wonder if the results aren't just a little bit off due to where the survey was. Obviously in the Yahtzee board, a large portion of the readership would have started with Yahtzee, and post in the boards since it's their favorite. Naturally the votes would lean towards whichever's comic you started the forum in. Nothing wrong with this, but if you're actually doing it for research, wouldn't you need less biased results? Perhaps in the General Discussion area of Keen space or spot. Just a thought, don't know if that'll actually influence anything or not.

don't worry about it. It was just a school assignment, which I handed in on Friday last week (people can stop sending me results now, interesting though they are - I don't need them anymore). As I mentioned somewhere ealier on this thread, we don't exactly have to avoid bias, just recognise it. Now that I think of it, I didn't use the 'first comic' thing at all - just age and number of months reading. Thanks for caring, though.

I should probably start studying for my tests this week (three tests in two days, two of them big. In a couple of weeks, I can do the same thing all over again for midterms! Joy.), but the Yahtzee forum is so much more fun. I wonder how many people post on this forum simply for procrastination's sake (in addition to love of the comic and other stuff).

Oh yes, and Huzzah for Flamingo Man & Dave! I think I like this storyline now.
<A HREF="http://tcow.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank> The Call of Whatever. </A>
A Lovecraftian Comedy
Elizabeth Sherry
Regular Poster

Postby SimeSublime on Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:39 am

Im currently here procrastinating studying for my Maths test tommorow. Only 3 weeks into the year, and already a test. I hate having to do maths. And I have to get up at 6am to get there for it as well.
Puffins are Supreme.

The customer may always be right, but that doesnt mean that they have an ounce of intelligence ~Phrasz~
SimeSublime
Regular Poster

Postby DRL on Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:28 am

Just curious: How do you pronounce "maths"?
DRL
Regular Poster

Postby Elizabeth Sherry on Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:04 am

If you're talking about the 'ths', probably the same way you pronounce the possessive of my first name. Just sort of add an 's' to the 'th' sound.
Elizabeth Sherry
Regular Poster

Postby DRL on Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:20 am

Ah. That makes sense. Thank you.
DRL
Regular Poster

Postby Yahtzee on Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:20 am

Math-ssss.
Yahtzee
Regular Poster

Postby DRL on Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:14 pm

Err, thank you.
DRL
Regular Poster

Postby UnitedmothersINC on Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:47 pm

i had to get up at about 5:30 am to go take a math course last semester..... it was hell....i went to sleep like every day!!!(in class of course)
UnitedmothersINC
Regular Poster

Postby SimeSublime on Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:27 am

Thats what intro IT is for.
Puffins are Supreme.

SimeSublime
Regular Poster

Postby DRL on Wed Mar 27, 2002 10:04 am

Should have taken a night class, Colin. :smile:.
DRL
Regular Poster

Postby UnitedmothersINC on Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:10 pm

well....at least i am now...i'm taking a class from 4:30 to 6:50....hmmm....and i would never have suspected ur screename, Darwin. even took me a while to figure who u r out!!!
UnitedmothersINC
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Yahtzee Takes On The World