Multitasking!

Multitasking!

Postby GreatLimmick on Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:43 am

Note that the English language does not distinguish between inclusive-or and exclusive-or.
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Postby Cinni on Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:51 pm

See, this is what I love about Sissy.

She's not shy about being evil, she's very open about what she wants and how she feels. And she can actually admire someone for putting one over on her, something few people can do.

Hey, Eliza? I think Sissy needs a really good spanking. I doubt it would make her in any way reluctant to be a villainess, but villainesses that kneel when you enter the room and embark on plots solely to draw your attention are the best kind.

Cinni
Cinni
Regular Poster

Evil?

Postby Cromm on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:17 am

What is really Evil in this world? (UH's world I mean.)

Sissy -claims- to be evil, but she hasn't -done- anything evil.

Wrong, certianly, but not Evil.

To date:
1. Plotted to take over the world.
2. Stole technology and used it to create lair.
3. Fondled Eliza before knowing she'd actually like it. (That's my fave :p)
4. Violated travel regulations to investigate portal.
5. ... still waiting for 'teh ebil'
Cromm

Postby GreatLimmick on Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 am

I think stealing, in this case, is evil. She benefited unlawfully beyond basal necessity at someone else's expense.
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Sorry, still not 'Evil'.

Postby Cromm on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:28 pm

GreatLimmick wrote:I think stealing, in this case, is evil. She benefited unlawfully beyond basal necessity at someone else's expense.

Which, I completly agree, is wrong. I just don't see it as evil. Now, maybe I'm argueing semantics here, but... it's not like she stole the last morsel of food out of a starving child's hands.

I'm not looking for Snidely Whiplash villiany here, I'm searching for EVIL. Torture, killing... instigating a war between nations so you can sell them both weapons, that kinda thing.

Granted it's VERY unlikely to we'll see seriously evil stuff in a comedy like UH2 -- and I'm certainly not complaining about that! I'd hate to see a light-hearted comics take on serious drama *cough*GPF*cough* -- but I'm more than a bit curious as to wheather or not the seroius evil I mention even exists in the UH2 universe.

I'm wondering whether Sissy is just bad at being really evil (IE: she doesn't really have the heart for it), or if even the supervillians of this world have some form of self-restraint -- if the only "mayham" that would even be considered involves filling in the grand canyon with lime gelliton, or recarving mount rushmore in one's own image.
Cromm

Re: Sorry, still not 'Evil'.

Postby Nitwit on Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:49 pm

Cromm wrote:I'm not looking for Snidely Whiplash villiany here, I'm searching for EVIL. Torture, killing... instigating a war between nations so you can sell them both weapons, that kinda thing.

The concern expressed isn't that Sissy is evil - it's that she's a mad scientist - see http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com/d/20060110.html for example. See Cal's comments on the ethics of mad science at http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com/d/20070504.html for why this is significant.

Sissy isn't likely to start a war for profit - she'll start a war if there's something interesting to learn from it, or if it's the most effective way to her goal of ruling the world (although that's unlikely to be the case - she'd not be keen on breaking her toy before she has full control of it). It doesn't make her evil in the conventional sense of the word, but does mean she is still incredibly dangerous.
It's not that I'm apathetic, it's that I'm ..... um .... OK, it's that I'm apathetic.
Nitwit
Regular Poster

Postby Cinni on Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:45 pm

A mad scientist is not so much an evil thing that causes suffering for the sake of profitting off it, or for the entertainment value, but rather one that does not take the opinions or safety of others into account in their quest for knowledge or power. This, coupled with a tendency to do things because they're cool, and fondness for claiming revenge, makes some of them evil.

Not as intense an evil as some, but certainly on the dark side.

Neutral Evil, I suppose.

"I'll torture you so long, you'll think it's a career." - Darwin Mayflower

Cinni
Cinni
Regular Poster

Postby GreatLimmick on Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:54 pm

Actually, if we're delving into D&D alignments, I think Chaotic Neutral would be more fitting for a mad scientist. They totally disregard conventional wisdom, ethics, laws, and social mores (Chaotic) in pursuit of ideals that may be considered noble in a certain light, though their efforts somtimes exact a heavy toll on the population at large (somewhere between Good and Evil).
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Postby E_voyager on Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:17 am

i have to agree. so far the most evil thing she's done is attempted to seduce / corrupt a member of law enforcement., she didn't ever lie when she stole the nanites. she said before had that she was stealing them and that she was out of her mind. all in all she seems more selfish and impulsive then evil
the darkness is ever present even in the light.

the perversion doesn't stop just because the sun comes up

if i can make people think and consider their lives even for a moment each day then my life has just that much more meaning

one of the hardest skills i seek to master is the skill of knowing when to shut up
Check out the test to find out who you are!
E_voyager
Regular Poster

Return to Umlaut House