Portal of Evil flame Get!

Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Portal of Evil flame Get!

Post by Allan_ecker »

http://www.portalofevil.com/single.php?poeurlid=33153
Inept gay furry webcomic which has lately gone into SF, drawn by a devotee of Jennifer Diane Reitz. The gay wedding storyline is the most overwrought sequence I have ever seen in a webcomic.
Ha HA! Yes, all you secretly-fapping-to-my-work poseurs, COME! LOAD up my hit counters! BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I especially liked the comment on my site being "face-raping". I put great care into making my website extremely painful to read. <3
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado

Kels
Regular Poster

Post by Kels »

Ooh! Ooh! If you rape their faces, can I burst out of their chests later? Can I? Huh? Can I? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Alfador
Cartoon Hero

Post by Alfador »

Oh cool, you got on PoE too? I was briefly famous there a few years ago, before they learned I'm not the only babyfur in the world to make fun of.
Three-tailed fox, in the house--Fox Den, that is!
Rick/Jake Shipper #00017

Kels
Regular Poster

Post by Kels »

Hey, Allan, aren't you supposed to go over there and <strike>thank them for the pageviews and new readers</strike> flame them in <strike>mock</strike> outrage at their behaviour?

Seriously, this is <strike>generous</strike> awful of them!

Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Post by Allan_ecker »

Hee!

The comment of it being "overwrought" kinda baffles me, though. It always struck me as being sparse, rushed, and disjointed.

The comment about it making no sense, I can agree with that, especially if you haven't read the rest of it.

And Kels, I can think of ~nothing~ more appropriate than you busting outta their chests. XD
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

--Romano Machado

Kels
Regular Poster

Post by Kels »

Yah, "overwrought" (is that even spelled right?) seemed a bit weird to me, too. After all, there are comics that seriously put yours to shame in that department in every sense. Hell, remember Boy Meets Boy? EVERYTHING was overwrought, and it was great!

Me, I'm wondering about the "recent" SF turn. Didn't you establish it was SF even before the EvilCon storyline?

GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Post by GreatLimmick »

He established that it was the future pretty early, but the high tech was mostly gags to begin with. It's only recently that technological advances themselves have become a plot point.

As for being "overwrought"... that might be a presupposition based on his being a fan of JDR.

Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Post by Allan_ecker »

I love the term "devotee" in that context. Makes it sound like there's some kind of massive cult. I mean seriously, me and the other artists in Jennifer's arcane thrall hardly EVER dress up in elaborate robes and kneel in a semicircle before the altar where she wears a four-foot-high popehat and passes down magickal fatwas against her enemies.

I mean seriously. The last time was well over a MONTH ago.

--Romano Machado

Kels
Regular Poster

Post by Kels »

Hey, I've been reading ever since the early days of Unicorn Jelly. Where do you think part of the influence for my slimes came from?

LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster

Post by LoneWolf23k »

I don't even know what "overwrought" means...

Fluffdrgn

Post by Fluffdrgn »

LoneWolf23k wrote:I don't even know what "overwrought" means...
o·ver·wrought
–adjective
1. extremely or excessively excited or agitated: to become overwrought on hearing bad news; an overwrought personality.
2. elaborated to excess; excessively complex or ornate: written in a florid, overwrought style.
3. Archaic. wearied or exhausted by overwork.

I had to look it up :oops:
carpe filum - Seize the thread
"no worries =^_^="

RobertBlake
Regular Poster

Post by RobertBlake »

My face still hurts from looking at your webpage. :(

:P

Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Post by Allan_ecker »

One useful thing to come of this however is that I'm genuinely starting to think I should pull all those hiatus pics and Unit Zero out of the main Archive and move them into someplace off to the side; Sure you have to have the brain of a mollusk to be genuinely confused by them but they break up the flow for someone reading the archives.

Ah reckon.

--Romano Machado

Candide
Regular Poster

Post by Candide »

allan_ecker wrote:Sure you have to have the brain of a mollusk [...]
...aaand doesn't that describe the PoE crowd? :twisted:
"The incredibly powerful and the incredibly stupid both have one thing in common: They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They try and alter the facts to fit their views.

Which can be awfully uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." -- Dr. Who

Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Post by Allan_ecker »

Well, it DOES, actually, but it's like when you test a chip: you turn it down to the worst possible case and see if it still functions....

--Romano Machado

Tetramorpheus
Regular Poster

Post by Tetramorpheus »

I must say that I always rather LIKED the hiatus bits and even the unit zero stuff... I guess I thought that with the rampant breaking of the fourth wall in UH1 that seeing all of these works as an artist/humorist's thought process was one of its more central and engaging aspects.

Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Post by Allan_ecker »

Good point. *ponder*

--Romano Machado

GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Post by GreatLimmick »

On the occasions I've read through the archive trying to remember the plot, the fillers, hiatus fillers, and Unit Zero stuff pretty much broke my concentration. Particularly Unit Zero. By the time I'd clicked through, I forgot what I was looking at beforehand. If you're not going to pull them out and put them in a separate archive, some links to simply bypass them would be helpful.

Buck

Post by Buck »

You can bypass Unit Zero by selecting "Umluat House Two: Intro" (sic) in the dropdown box. You can bypass the hiatus bits (though I like to read them) by selecting "My Big Fat Gay Wedding". I think those are the only longer interruptions to the Umlaut House story.

Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Post by Allan_ecker »

Once again we see that getting the users together on a topic provides the solution: Skipahead links. That way they'll fit into the area where comics appear and be easy to spot.

Will get to this eventually, however we all know what the backlog on "site fixes" is like...

--Romano Machado