You love me?

You love me?

Postby E_voyager on Mon May 14, 2007 11:02 pm

wow. i'm not sure if it's more amazing that they are just now realized what happened years ago of if the result of the experiment which i believe the name "gestalt intelligence" is an apt description. appearances it merges people and shared there shared experiences on sever leave provided more in-depth then normal telepathy. i can see why it's dangerous. it could easily drive the partisipantes mad and there is not telling if it stops there at the shared experiences either..
the darkness is ever present even in the light.

the perversion doesn't stop just because the sun comes up

if i can make people think and consider their lives even for a moment each day then my life has just that much more meaning

one of the hardest skills i seek to master is the skill of knowing when to shut up
Image
Check out the test to find out who you are!
User avatar
E_voyager
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: i travel eternally

Postby GreatLimmick on Mon May 14, 2007 11:14 pm

I wonder what happens if you link two people who don't like each other.
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:53 pm

Postby Fluffdrgn on Tue May 15, 2007 12:07 am

if you merged two people who hate eachother... then they'd probably understand one another... to coin an old truth: we fear what we don't understand.. and we hate what we fear.
you really can't hate someone if you understand why they are what they are... and do what they do.

wouldn't you say?
carpe filum - Seize the thread
"no worries =^_^="
User avatar
Fluffdrgn
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:14 am
Location: stockholm.

Postby Nyamaza on Tue May 15, 2007 2:22 am

Wuv... Twu Wuv... Will fawwow you whahevah you goh...
Rick/Jake Shipper #00082
Nyamaza/Volair Shipper #00001

Furry Code : FFL3cfmrs A C- D H+++ M+ P+++ R+ T++++ W Z Sm++ RLCT/ET a cln++++ d? e+$ f+ h++ iwf++ j+ p- sm+
User avatar
Nyamaza
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2002 4:00 pm

Postby E_voyager on Tue May 15, 2007 2:25 am

Fluffdrgn wrote:if you merged two people who hate eachother... then they'd probably understand one another... to coin an old truth: we fear what we don't understand.. and we hate what we fear.
you really can't hate someone if you understand why they are what they are... and do what they do.

wouldn't you say?


i do believe gene catlow and matt would disagree with you.
the darkness is ever present even in the light.

the perversion doesn't stop just because the sun comes up

if i can make people think and consider their lives even for a moment each day then my life has just that much more meaning

one of the hardest skills i seek to master is the skill of knowing when to shut up
Image
Check out the test to find out who you are!
User avatar
E_voyager
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: i travel eternally

Postby LoneWolf23k on Tue May 15, 2007 2:57 am

So... I wonder what this means about Pierce's short-lived mindlink experience?
LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Postby Buck on Tue May 15, 2007 3:48 am

Area code 135 doesn't really exist, I guess?
Buck
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:45 am

Postby Buck on Tue May 15, 2007 3:54 am

This is a really beautiful comic, not only because of the lovely conclusion, but also because of all of the fragments of information that leave a lot open for the imagination of the reader. For example, what was that dress that Cal loved (on Amanda, I presume), but was embarrased to say so? I'd imagine something pretty naughty.
Buck
Newbie
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:45 am

Postby Kels on Tue May 15, 2007 5:12 am

Awwwwwww!!! THAT'S SO DAMN CUTE!!!

I'm gonna have warm squishy feelings all day thanks to you. :D

One thing I find interesting here is that no matter how sure we are of our mates, we're never really sure, are we? And sometimes we're afraid to be that sure. These two now know each other so much more intensely than any couple has, and have only had their love confirmed, it's a beautiful thing to see.

In conclusion, I'll just toss out the word "Grok", and see who recognizes the concept here.
Image
User avatar
Kels
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:00 am
Location: Canada

Postby Alfador on Tue May 15, 2007 5:29 am

Buck wrote:Area code 135 doesn't really exist, I guess?


It'd be area code 359. 1-359-140-9142.
Three-tailed fox, in the house--Fox Den, that is!
Rick/Jake Shipper #00017
User avatar
Alfador
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Washington, USA

Postby Allan_ecker on Tue May 15, 2007 5:33 am

Kels of course has it pretty much nailed. The reason I depicted Amanda and Calvin having anything like "surprise" that they truly loved one another is not that they didn't know but that no one ever really can know what another person is thinking, not really, not, exactly as she says, Groking it, to use Heinlein's term from Stranger in a Strange Land.

I consider this something of a watershed comic in UH2 because it marks off where the reader will decide whether one thinks I'm really impressive or a seriously pompous ass.
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
User avatar
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Portland, OR, USA

Postby Patchwork cat on Tue May 15, 2007 5:38 am

What a cool phone number if it was-

patchwork cat :3
314 159265 day or night (hem!)

most Brit numbers start with 01 or 02 internally though :(
User avatar
Patchwork cat
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:03 pm

Postby Tetramorpheus on Tue May 15, 2007 6:32 am

My first reaction was:
color change+guard down=trap?
(lets not go forgetting that this experiment was designed by someone unlucky in love)
User avatar
Tetramorpheus
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:56 am
Location: South of Never

Postby Fluffdrgn on Tue May 15, 2007 6:36 am

here's a bit of trivia... if you prefix it with a zero, you get 031 at the start, which is an area code here in sweden (gothenburg I believe) ...

so 031 41 59 27 could be a valid number ;)
(just checked with Eniro.se, and it IS a valid number... some guy named Rolf). EDIT: no, I didn't call to see if anyone picked up
carpe filum - Seize the thread
"no worries =^_^="
User avatar
Fluffdrgn
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:14 am
Location: stockholm.

Postby Kels on Tue May 15, 2007 8:07 am

allan_ecker wrote:...the reader will decide whether one thinks I'm really impressive or a seriously pompous ass.


What if the reader decides you have a seriously impressive ass? :twisted:


...I so didn't just say that...
Image
User avatar
Kels
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:00 am
Location: Canada

Postby Cyril_Dran on Tue May 15, 2007 10:33 am

Well, you can draw that conclusion all you want, but this comic doesn't provide enough information to support it one way or the other. And, you can be impressive and a pompous ass at the same time, you know.
All fear the RP character from the completely private RP ^_^.
Current psuedonym/RP character count: 25
-Adding a touch of sanity, or insanity, where needed to balance the flow. .... Nah, I just like playing devil's advocate ^_^
User avatar
Cyril_Dran
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:40 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby Allan_ecker on Tue May 15, 2007 5:45 pm

Cyril_Dran wrote:Well, you can draw that conclusion all you want, but this comic doesn't provide enough information to support it one way or the other. And, you can be impressive and a pompous ass at the same time, you know.


Mm, yes, anyone familiar with Ralph Hayes' work can tell you that.
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
User avatar
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Portland, OR, USA

Postby Net-cat on Tue May 15, 2007 5:49 pm

*delurk*

This comic made my day...

Pi would work really well as a phone number in my area. 301 is often abbreviated 3/. So... 3/1415927
User avatar
Net-cat
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:23 pm

Postby Tetramorpheus on Wed May 16, 2007 9:02 am

Cyril_Dran wrote:And, you can be impressive and a pompous ass at the same time, you know.


I take it this comment excludes those who are pompous asses of an impressive degree, or would that simply be the best of both worlds?
User avatar
Tetramorpheus
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:56 am
Location: South of Never

Postby LoneWolf23k on Wed May 16, 2007 7:33 pm

allan_ecker wrote:
Cyril_Dran wrote:Well, you can draw that conclusion all you want, but this comic doesn't provide enough information to support it one way or the other. And, you can be impressive and a pompous ass at the same time, you know.


Mm, yes, anyone familiar with Ralph Hayes' work can tell you that.


*Raises his hand* Yo!

I fully agree.. I love RHJunior's work, but I do think the guy needs to get that stick out of his ass...
LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster
 
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Next

 

Return to Umlaut House



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest