Cross-posted from LJ: Contest to win a "comission"

Cross-posted from LJ: Contest to win a "comission"

Postby Allan_ecker on Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:48 pm

I've been asked one or two times to "start doing commissions" but I do not want to do this because any time a fan gave me money that'd be money that could go to a far more starving artist than myself. I got a daytime job, I'm doin' all right, to paraphrase Dire Straits.

But I do feel like givin' some people a chance to get pictures by request from me because it'd force me to stretch myself and give people who like my stuff something in particular to enjoy.

So here's the deal. It's a contest.

Show me something you did. Artwork, music, text, audio rants, anything. It doesn't have to be remotely about me: this is your show, babe. You'll be judged by what you do with your sauce, not necessarily by how much polish there is. You could do stick figure comics and if I laughed my ass off you'd probably win. Snipping together archives of Umlaut House is fair game, but if you use other sources you'd better flag them or I WILL FIND OUT AND SEND MY FIRE MONKEYS AFTER YOU. THEY ARE WICKED WITH MALLETS AND ICE CUBES SO DON'T MESS WITH THE FIRE MONKEYS. Whoever does the keenest stuff in 1 month's time (Your deadline is June 1, 2007) will get a picture from me, your choice, to whatever quality level I'm feeling up to at the time. Bear in mind my tastes are subjective and as such highly suspect.

I'm expecting maybe four entries if I'm lucky, so if you *do* do something you've got pretty good odds I figure...

Send your stuff to:

masked_retriever AT hotmail dot you know the rest.
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby GreatLimmick on Tue May 01, 2007 11:12 pm

Fire monkeys? I hear they would be good faculty for a wizard college...
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Postby Alfador on Fri May 04, 2007 6:16 am

Rather, Reginald. Eh wot?
Three-tailed fox, in the house--Fox Den, that is!
Rick/Jake Shipper #00017
Alfador
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kels on Fri May 04, 2007 5:19 pm

Oh, it's on...IT'S ON!!

Which is to say, that's a good idea, I think I'll give it a shot. :lol:
Kels
Regular Poster

Postby The_Fox on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:46 am

Hey Allen, the month has passed. Are we going to have any news about the contest? If you're busy, that's cool. I'm just wonderin' you know.

- Jarylan
"What the?! Where did you get THAT?!"
"Creative aquisition."
The_Fox
Regular Poster

Postby Kels on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:54 am

Hey, I just re-read that message of Allan's. How do the fire monkeys carry ice around anyway? Like, they're FIRE!
Kels
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:47 am

It's been a busy couplea weeks.

See the LiveJournal for contest updates to occur this week.
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Allan_ecker on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:51 am

kels wrote:Hey, I just re-read that message of Allan's. How do the fire monkeys carry ice around anyway? Like, they're FIRE!

As anyone who has ever had fried ice cream can tell you they can handle ice cubes just fine. Also they own a number of fireproofed igloo coolers.

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby E_voyager on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:14 pm

what are you looking for: g, pg, r, x ?slow and sensual, fast and hard? normal or weird? if you tell me you taste i can cater to them. i ask this mostly for fun but i have things i would love to show you if not for the fact that i'm worried about responses
the darkness is ever present even in the light.

the perversion doesn't stop just because the sun comes up

if i can make people think and consider their lives even for a moment each day then my life has just that much more meaning

one of the hardest skills i seek to master is the skill of knowing when to shut up
Check out the test to find out who you are!
E_voyager
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:14 pm

Sorry, you missed the contest by a week or so. However it's not especially unlikely that this'll get done again.

Note to the four people who actually made submissions:

No, I haven't forgotten you. I WILL get through these things and I WILL be doing artwork for this. More information... saturdayish.

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby E_voyager on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:13 pm

it's fine and if you're interested i can still send you links to the works i mentioned. a few of them are tame and some of them are out there but if you tell me you taste i probable have something that suites it on the web somewhere
the darkness is ever present even in the light.

the perversion doesn't stop just because the sun comes up

if i can make people think and consider their lives even for a moment each day then my life has just that much more meaning

one of the hardest skills i seek to master is the skill of knowing when to shut up
Check out the test to find out who you are!
E_voyager
Regular Poster

Return to Umlaut House