NOT a comic

NOT a comic

Postby Cyril_Dran on Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:27 pm

But, still, wonderful art! It sometimes is lost upon us, that webcomic artists, are, first and foremost, ARTISTS, not cartoonists. The guy who writes Cathy? Not an artist. Blondie? No effing way. But, most webcomics, the authors attempt to grow and create something visually pleasing. I honestly can't think of a GOOD webcomic I've read, where the author hasn't put visible effort into improvement or making to look good. I guess it's because the market is so competetive.. you can't just be good enough, like syndicated newspaper strips, you have to be the best you can.. because, it's not always a full time job to run a webcomic. It's something you do for you.. and when comics don't necessarily do it for you, you've gotta do something else.. much like JB of Catharsis is doing right now, focusing on her photography and clay moreso than her comic. Don't feel bad about posting an update that isn't a comic, so long as it's art, is the way I see it.
All fear the RP character from the completely private RP ^_^.
Current psuedonym/RP character count: 25
-Adding a touch of sanity, or insanity, where needed to balance the flow. .... Nah, I just like playing devil's advocate ^_^
Cyril_Dran
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:58 pm

Incidentially, both of next week's updates are DEFNITELY comics and they DEFINITELY kick ass.

:twisted:
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby RobertBlake on Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:21 pm

Do they kick the llama's ass?
Creator of the World of Fizz comic strip, untold amounts of insanity, and various bodily fluids. But mostly the comic strip.
RobertBlake
Regular Poster

Postby Micro_Fur on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:40 pm

RobertBlake wrote:Do they kick the llama's ass?

Looks like somebody remembers the "the good 'ol days" of Winamp.

Micro_fur - ". . .I don't feed trolls and I don't read spam. . ."
If the quest for answers only leads to more questions, did you ask the right question to begin with?
Micro_Fur
Regular Poster

Postby RobertBlake on Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:10 pm

Micro_Fur wrote:
RobertBlake wrote:Do they kick the llama's ass?

Looks like somebody remembers the "the good 'ol days" of Winamp.

Indeed. For some reason or another, though, it's not as good as it used to be.
Creator of the World of Fizz comic strip, untold amounts of insanity, and various bodily fluids. But mostly the comic strip.
RobertBlake
Regular Poster

Return to Umlaut House