Moving fast?

Moving fast?

Postby Tetramorpheus on Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:09 pm

I think we're still all waiting for the next shoe to drop (after the 'first things the heck first' are out of the way), but in the mean time I have a question...

Does anyone think that Pierce and Alex might be moving rather fast? Granted, it might depend on how you read this comic (is Pierce fainting due to sheer nerves that certain "Extremely Unwholesome Thoughts" might have been transparent, or because they've been pushing that line?) And, if they are pushing that line... while this may be typical of teenage relationships (I can't say), does anyone, lustful daydreams aside, find the prospect of them consumating... a little unnerving?

I guess its a problem of mental time scale... with the multiple storylines and impression of overlapping time, I guess I'm not really sure how long Pierce and Alex have been together... Given that I also don't think we've seen any indication that either of them have had any constant interaction with the other's parent's yet, I guess I'm assuming it has not been overly long.

This may be the ramblings of a prude (my boyfriend and I, after two years, have yet to pass third) but I was just wondering how people thought we were supposed to veiw this?
Tetramorpheus
Regular Poster

Postby The_Fox on Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:19 am

Given the amount of people I know in college who either consummated on the first date...or before it...I am not too worried. If Alex and Pierce are moving too fast, there are worse mistakes. *shrugs* Pierce seems a reasonably mature and intelligent fur, other than a reminder to use a condom, I don't think there is much to be said.

- Jarylan
"What the?! Where did you get THAT?!"
"Creative aquisition."
The_Fox
Regular Poster

Postby Shurhaian on Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:05 am

Well, there's been some unaccountable time since that first memorable kiss... or rather, I for one don't know how much time there's been.

So, Allan... about how much time HAS passed since they officially became an item?

[EDIT]Commentary on today's (08 Dec '06) strip moved here.[/EDIT]

[EDIT 2]There's been at least time for a "next week" since this picture, and some time after that if the scene that involved Jack's hypothetical thrashing for the "psychological warfare" dig was at a game.[/EDIT2]
Shurhaian
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:54 am

Two weeks or so. Mmaybe a little more.
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kesh on Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:59 am

A bit fast, but showing a helluva lot more restraint than most teenagers I knew in school. And showing a lot more thoughtfulness about their relationship, too.
Kesh
Regular Poster

Return to Umlaut House