Time dialation

Time dialation

Postby Cinni on Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:11 am

This is the part where I fall over laughing.

On the one hand, a very true observation os the nature of the perception of time.

On the other hand, a sudden mental image of things naughty indeed.

But probably not accurate. I picture Pierce on top, so to speak. :twisted:

Cinni
Cinni
Regular Poster

Postby Aki_no_kaze on Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:45 am

Saundra's last expression is priceless :)
Aki_no_kaze
Regular Poster

Re: Time dialation

Postby DetailBear on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:35 am

Cinni wrote:But probably not accurate. I picture Pierce on top, so to speak.

It has been my observation that your supposition of athletes' positions is more often precision than in opposition. 8-)
HUGS = Huge, Unrestrained, Genial Squeezings.

A man’s accomplishments in life are the cumulative effect of his attention to detail. - John Foster Dulles
DetailBear
Regular Poster

Postby Alfador on Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:28 pm

DetailBear wrote:

It has been my observation that your supposition of athletes' positions is more often precision than in opposition. 8-)

Well yeah! I thought it was obvious that the big guy wouldn't want to crush the little guy. Same applies for when you substitute the word "gal" for either occurence of the word "guy." Or both.

Of course, given the probable musculature and stability of large athletic persons, I'm probably exaggerating the Towers of Hanoi assumption.
Three-tailed fox, in the house--Fox Den, that is!
Rick/Jake Shipper #00017
Alfador
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tetramorpheus on Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:47 pm

On the other hand, are all those implants for agility alone? Some of Pierce's gymnastic gyrations would nessecitate some leg strength...
Tetramorpheus
Regular Poster

Postby DetailBear on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:33 pm

I'm wondering if Alfy is misreading, either intentionally or unintentionally, or if the special meaning of the word "Top" isn't known to him.

Of course, I could be misreading Cinni.

If I say much more, though, we might need a NSFW flag on this one. XD

A man’s accomplishments in life are the cumulative effect of his attention to detail. - John Foster Dulles
DetailBear
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:48 pm

That ship may not have sailed per se but it sure as hell is pulling up the anchor and getting all the masts lined up.

DetailBear wrote:It has been my observation that your supposition of athletes' positions is more often precision than in opposition.

Mag.

Freaking.

NIFICENT.

To quote Dead Like Me:
"Which one of you is, you know, the man?"
"We're both men. We're gay. Men."
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Candide on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:25 pm

allan_ecker wrote:That ship may not have sailed per se but it sure as hell is pulling up the anchor and getting all the masts lined up.

DetailBear wrote:It has been my observation that your supposition of athletes' positions is more often precision than in opposition.

:
:
To quote Dead Like Me:
"Which one of you is, you know, the man?"
"We're both men. We're gay. Men."

You have no idea how many times I've said that. :roll:

As for positions, I can totally see Alex as a big-ol-bossy-butch-bottom-boi. :evil:
"The incredibly powerful and the incredibly stupid both have one thing in common: They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They try and alter the facts to fit their views.

Which can be awfully uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." -- Dr. Who
Candide
Regular Poster

Postby DetailBear on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:47 pm

allan_ecker wrote:

Mag.

Freaking.

NIFICENT.

Thank you. I was quite proud of it when I wrote it. And on my lunch, too.

There is a joke among the softball teams up here that they have problems winning because they're all 'catchers'.

DetailBear
Regular Poster

Postby Cinni on Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:15 pm

Took me a bit there, but I suspect that Detailbear was agreeing with me.

That said, there's something to be said for switching. :)

And a full round of applause to Alan, for pointing out osmething people seem to forget occasionally, to DetailBear, for a beautifully convolouted turn of phrase, and to me, because danm, I'm cool.

Cinni
--
To counter low self-esteem, I cultivated a degree of megalomania.
Cinni
Regular Poster

Postby GreatLimmick on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:32 am

Alfador wrote:
DetailBear wrote:

Well yeah! I thought it was obvious that the big guy wouldn't want to crush the little guy. Same applies for when you substitute the word "gal" for either occurence of the word "guy." Or both.

Of course, given the probable musculature and stability of large athletic persons, I'm probably exaggerating the Towers of Hanoi assumption.

Alfy, there are only two of them. That's not exactly a Towers of Hanoi situation.
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Postby The_Fox on Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:31 am

Alfador wrote:
Cinni wrote:Of course, given the probable musculature and stability of large athletic persons, I'm probably exaggerating the Towers of Hanoi assumption.

Alfy, there are only two of them. That's not exactly a Towers of Hanoi situation.

Alright, I think I need a PM to explain Towers of Hanoi to me. My attempts at google fu only picked up baby toys. =^^;=

- Jarylan, who is sometimes embarassed by how little he knows.
"What the?! Where did you get THAT?!"
"Creative aquisition."
The_Fox
Regular Poster

Postby GreatLimmick on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:49 am

I don't see any reason not to explain it here.

According to the story, at Hanoi, there were some rods sticking out of the ground, with 64 discs of steadily increasing diameter threaded onto them. The idea was to move the entire stack from the rod on the left to the rod on the right, moving only one disc at a time and never putting a disc on top of a smaller one. Apparently, the story was that the world would end after this was accomplished.

I don't know if the towers actually exist, but the problem is used (usually with smaller discs) in computer science classrooms to help demonstrate the utility of recursive algorithms, since moving 64 discs can be simulated by moving 63 discs, then moving one, then moving 63 discs again, and moving 63 discs can be simulated by moving 62 discs, then one, then moving 62 discs again, and so on until your base goal is moving only one disc-- a trivial proposition.
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Postby The_Fox on Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:56 pm

That explains a lot, on the second read through. I have a dirty mind, and somehow mistook that for a sexual position. =^^;=

- Jarylan, at least that explains the images Google kept showing me...
"What the?! Where did you get THAT?!"
"Creative aquisition."
The_Fox
Regular Poster

Postby Aki_no_kaze on Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:15 pm

The_Fox wrote:That explains a lot, on the second read through. I have a dirty mind, and somehow mistook that for a sexual position. =^^;=

disks, rods, no idea how you could have got that in your head :P
Aki_no_kaze
Regular Poster

Postby E_voyager on Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:52 pm

okay you guys have me all confused and there is a yaoi fest going on in my head with around 12 different positions in play so i'm taking a little break from thinking soon.
the darkness is ever present even in the light.

the perversion doesn't stop just because the sun comes up

if i can make people think and consider their lives even for a moment each day then my life has just that much more meaning

one of the hardest skills i seek to master is the skill of knowing when to shut up
Check out the test to find out who you are!
E_voyager
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:12 pm

aki_no_kaze wrote:
The_Fox wrote:That explains a lot, on the second read through. I have a dirty mind, and somehow mistook that for a sexual position. =^^;=

Honestly!

I mean, in this context, evoking the Towers of Hanoi, a game where you slide rings over three different pegs in one combination after another, over and over again just ~screams~ all-man threesome.

Oh wait I typed that out loud.

:shifty:
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tetramorpheus on Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:45 pm

Hell, that would make me scream...

candide wrote:As for positions, I can totally see Alex as a big-ol-bossy-butch-bottom-boi. :evil:

Butch bottoms.... yummmmm...
Tetramorpheus
Regular Poster

Postby GreatLimmick on Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:07 pm

allan_ecker wrote:
aki_no_kaze wrote:

Honestly!

I mean, in this context, evoking the Towers of Hanoi, a game where you slide rings over three different pegs in one combination after another, over and over again just ~screams~ all-man threesome.

Oh wait I typed that out loud.

:shifty:

Which brings me back to my earlier point: There are only two of them.
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:44 pm

Wait, the Towers of Hanoi would be obviously impossible without at least three--

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Next

Return to Umlaut House