In the Mushroom Kingdom [severely off topic]

Postby Allan_ecker on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:47 am

Dude-- that would be the most awesome redemptive journey story EVAR.
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

"Death and taxes are unsolved engineering problems."
--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby LoneWolf23k on Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:21 am

allan_ecker wrote:Dude-- that would be the most awesome redemptive journey story EVAR.

Redemptive? Dude, they've made about 5 Wario games, and I don't think they ever really redeemed him...
LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster

Postby Cyril_Dran on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:17 am

That's because all the Wario games involved him collecting hordes of treasure for selfish reasons.
All fear the RP character from the completely private RP ^_^.
Current psuedonym/RP character count: 25
-Adding a touch of sanity, or insanity, where needed to balance the flow. .... Nah, I just like playing devil's advocate ^_^
Cyril_Dran
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:20 am

Cyril_Dran wrote:That's because all the Wario games involved him collecting hordes of treasure for selfish reasons.

My point exactly! Bowser rescuing his children-- That's a mission of love by its nature. Having Bowser forced to confront the fact that his problems might not be caused by the Plumber adds yet another dimension to it-- Bowser could be forced to confront the fact that his own cruelty and selfishness have pulled him into a morass of enemies and lies from which he can only escape by redeeming himself! And then gumdrops! Gumdrops rain from the cieling!!

I mean, um.
<A HREF="http://umlauthouse.comicgenesis.com" TARGET=_blank>UH2: The Mayhem of a New Generation</A>

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby GreatLimmick on Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:32 am

You've just given me an idea for who could be behind it all: One of his own trusted officers, betraying him for more wealth or power. On top of everything else, that would force Bowser to reexamine the company he keeps.
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Postby Cyril_Dran on Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:24 am

I dunno, though. Would it really stay cannon with the Bowser they've been presenting recently? I mean, he was a PC in the last game, and was portrayed as a "reluctant hero" until the last stage (I won't ruin it if you haven't played the game.)... And the Koopa Troops aren't even as mean as he is. He's been changed from an evildoer to something of a comedy.. which they've done to everything to a degree. But he's been reduced from "evil" to "asshole" at best in recent years..

..... Yeah. I think I've overthought this. I'm gonna go soak my head for a few hours.
All fear the RP character from the completely private RP ^_^.
Current psuedonym/RP character count: 25
-Adding a touch of sanity, or insanity, where needed to balance the flow. .... Nah, I just like playing devil's advocate ^_^
Cyril_Dran
Regular Poster

Postby GreatLimmick on Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:13 pm

Which game is this? (I've lost track...)
GreatLimmick
Regular Poster

Postby Allan_ecker on Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:26 pm

It would be impossible, or at the very least, extremely convoluted, to merge all the existing canon together. I'm imagining a story outside any recent canon in all likelyhood.

A redemption quest version of Bowser would, as GL points out, have to discover that the crisis was ultimately of his own making, and in the course of this journey, learn to correct it.

It'd be keen.

--Romano Machado
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Umlaut House