23%
Merge TWC and TAV into one comic
32%
Make both comic Bi-weekly
45%

Total votes : 31

TWC and TAV in 2007

Postby Tangho on Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:30 am

I have been thinking of canceling one of the two comics or maybe merge them together. Hope I can somehow find inspirations to keep both comics going at the same time again. I rather have one good comic than two not so good ones.
Tangho
Regular Poster

Postby WanderingAsian on Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:32 am

I'm glad you're back. I've missed your work so!

I hope you can keep both going, I love your gags of tangs comics and I'm really attached to the characters you created in TA vision.
WanderingAsian

Postby Engels on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:02 am

By biweekly, do you mean every other week or twice a week? I would assume the former, but the word is ambiguous.
Engels

drops dictionary on your head

Postby Gridsleep on Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:54 am

Biweekly means once every two weeks. Semiweekly means twice a week. Words are not ambiguous, but being semi-informed makes them so.
Gridsleep

Re: drops dictionary on your head

Postby Engels on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:16 pm

gridsleep wrote:Biweekly means once every two weeks. Semiweekly means twice a week. Words are not ambiguous, but being semi-informed makes them so.

Semiweekly means twice a week. Biweekly can mean either:
<a href="http://www.thefreedictionary.com/biweekly">Source #1</a>
<a href="http://www.answers.com/topic/biweekly">Source #2</a>
<a href="http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=biweekly">Source #3</a>
<a href="http://www.epennypress.com/Words_Starting_with_B/bettered_Bible-thumper/bi-weekly_definition.html">Source #4</a>
Engels

Postby Admiral on Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:02 pm

I think that merging them would be best - but without having character cross-over.

Krakow Studios did this for a while - Krazy Krow had two storylines running concurrently. One day he'd do a comic about the two college room-mates and their pet Succubus, the next would see a new comic about Marilith the assassin.

Two entirely seperate storylines, which had nothing to do with each other. It worked, though he eventually split the two and gave them seperate websites.

I see no reason why you can't do the same. Run TAV and TWC on the same page - basically using TWC as filler for when you have a mental freeze over the next TAV comic (or vice versa). Only drawback is that would mean TWC becomes adult only.
Admiral
Regular Poster

my two cents

Postby Hawkey on Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:05 pm

It's really a question of energy, isn't it? If you believe that you can keep up a high quality for two different storylines then by all means do it, but with many other things (besides webcomics) demanding your time I can't help but think one or the other will suffer, or *heaven forbid* you stop both from burnout. I am a fan of TAV personally, and would like to see it continue, but I would not be adverse to seeing more TWC or even a whole new comic instead! Whatever characters/story you feel YOU like the most will be the ones *I'd*like to see continue, cuz the one you like best will benefit from the care and interest you have in it.
Thanks for taking the trouble to listen to your fans, and I'd like to take this opportunity to say thanks for all the laughs you have given me so far.
Hawkey

Postby Towr on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:47 am

I'd say each week just update whichever you feel most like drawing/writing something for; either or both.
Towr
Regular Poster

Postby WanderingAsian on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:42 am

wait a sec, if you combine both will we see phenix naked? O_O
WanderingAsian

Dan Shive's update style

Postby Scientivore on Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:46 pm

towr wrote:I'd say each week just update whichever you feel most like drawing/writing something for; either or both.

Hi, I just registered to propose more or less the same thing. I think that simply treating your comics as having a single audience would give you even more flexibility than any of your listed options.

I was thinking that Dan Shive's update style at El Goonish Shive might work well for you. He has three sections, each with their own distinct archives: Story for the main plot, NewsPaper for non-canon storylines and Filler for one-shot miscellany. The dates of the most recent updates for each one are listed as links right below the top banner and he just does whichever one he feels like. For example, he recently went a month and a half with only Filler comics while building up a buffer of Story comics.

I hope that helps. Good luck! 8-)
Avatar by NJ Huff of Emergency Exit
Scientivore
Regular Poster

Postby FullmetalKitsune on Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:25 am

towr wrote:I'd say each week just update whichever you feel most like drawing/writing something for; either or both.

I definitely agree with that. But whatever way you decide to go, just enjoy it, you know?

Good luck, Tang!
FullmetalKitsune

TAV & Tang's <-- do crossovers

Postby Dfy on Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:48 am

Some comic authors will advertise on their pages, some will allow the characters to intermingle and the storylines as well. One of your story lines has to do with events in feudal asia. The mix of time travel into Mikki and Tatsuya storylines have added complexity thus.

BBL8r, gone to watch the Robert Crumb DVD "Crumb"
Dfy

Postby Eldercat on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:00 pm

I still want to see both and am willing to wait every other week.
Eldercat

Postby Astro_citizen on Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:56 pm

I voted for merging them as you've seem to be trying to move TANG away from being a gag-a-day strip and more storyline-based like TAV is. Of course, ending either one would require bringing a lot of hanging threads to an end, although that also would be necessary if they were to be merged.
"Yeah yeah yeah... Use the Force to toss the Shikon Jewel into the fires of Mount Doom at the end of the Yellow Brick Road before Lord Voldemort learns that the Anti-Life Equation is the number 42! We've heard it all before!"
-- Crow, MST3K 2: Clash of the Titans
Astro_citizen
Regular Poster

Postby Vonvonz on Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:06 pm

biweekly for both. but if you still find it hard to catch up, you can always merge them and do biweekly.

maybe you will find new sparks when you put yourself and TWC crews with TAV crews together.

would rather you continue both (merging/biweekly..etc) than you stopping them. it would be a shame. :cry:
Vonvonz

Postby Tangho on Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:40 pm

I am very sorry for not updating TWC and TAV for a month. I promise both comic will be updated in a day or two. and will be updated regularly from then on.
Tangho
Regular Poster

Postby Admiral on Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:08 pm

tangho wrote:I am very sorry for not updating TWC and TAV for a month. I promise both comic will be updated in a day or two. and will be updated regularly from then on.
Great! Long live Tang Ho!
Admiral
Regular Poster

Postby Space_tiger on Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:46 pm

Second that!

-st
Space_tiger

Return to Tang's Comics