Sick and tired of late T. A. Vision updates

Sick and tired of late T. A. Vision updates

Postby DocForbin on Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:00 pm

I'm getting sick and tired of T. A. Vision missing its Sunday update. The last few weeks in particular have been the worst, with a different day each week when the update finally showed up, one week it didn't update until Saturday, and last week (5/28) was missed altogether.

Tang, if you say you update on Sunday, then freaking update on Sunday. Don't make promises you can't keep. This is why I lost interest in such strips as Avalon and Sinfest because the artists for those strips wound up not updating for long stretches of time.

If this week's strip isn't up pronto, I'm not reading it ever again. Period. :evil:
DocForbin

Postby Tangho on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:47 pm

If you theaten me with bodily harm(but you can't, since you don't see me in person), then I might never update late. I need to work, and I get tired. As I get older, I get tired more easily and have less energy to work on my comics.
Last edited by Tangho on Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tangho
Regular Poster

Hey man

Postby StefanMuc on Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:59 am

Just thought this would be a good time to thank you for your great comic. ;-)
StefanMuc

Postby Imaginos on Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:11 am

I'd like to echo that thanks as well. I enjoy reading your comics and always look forward to the updates.

As for the OP: How thoughtful of you to register just to complain.
Imaginos

Postby Shinchan0s on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:12 am

Can you be anymore selfish? What obligation does tang have to you? Just be glad that he takes the time to create such an enjoyable comic for free! I've been reading TAV since the beginning and as far as I can remember tang has, for the most part, kept a steady schedule.

Please tang, keep up the good work and thanks for the double comic today! :D I'm loving the new romance (?) between Sachiko and Tat and hope she's the girl for our main man! I'd break down into tears if you stopped working on TAV...
Shinchan0s

Re: Sick and tired of late T. A. Vision updates

Postby ProfessorTomoe on Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:21 am

DocForbin wrote:If this week's strip isn't up pronto, I'm not reading it ever again. Period. :evil:

This is a textbook example of how not to talk to someone who is providing something AT NO CHARGE TO YOU. Tang has absolutely NO obligation to do TWC or TAV. He doesn't get paid for TWC or TAV, and he has no contract specifying any delivery date whatsoever.

If this is something you can't live with, then feel free to go elsewhere. It's that simple. Otherwise, stay off Tang's back - he does a hell of a job and deserves respect for what he does.

(Sorry, but I had to emerge from lurk mode and get this out. I've been reading TWC/TAV for years, and I can't stand to see someone try this garbage.)
ProfessorTomoe

Postby Tgk on Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:06 am

echo the thanks as well. TWC and TAV has been around for a very long time. The webcomic scene has changed, most of the comics I started out reading have discontinued, but TWC and TAV are still there. You can't beat that kind of longevity.
Tgk

Postby Ackthp on Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:33 am

The criticism is unfair, but maybe comics that come out late honestly piss the original poster off real bad -- a "Four minutes to Wapner! Gotta watch Wapner!" kind of thing. If you get enough of an audience on the Internet or anywhere else, then undeserved criticism comes with the territory. Getting mad about it is getting mad about the sun setting at night. I'm sure just about all web cartoonists know this, but clearly it gets under the skin of some of the good ones anyhow, which is too bad. Not that Tang gives the impression on this site of being especially sensitive that way -- okay, so I have no point. Like most people on the Internet, I mostly type to hear myself type. Typitty type type type. Look at me! Look at me! Speaking in my capacity as a typically unexceptional Internet user, I firmly believe I should be fitted with a muzzle, with the actual content being left to the few who actually have something to say. There's got to be some high middle ground between network television and having to listen to the majority of jerks like myself.
Ackthp

Postby Astro_citizen on Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:24 pm

You're alone DocPhibes... I mena, DocForbin. Personally, I'll take a late comic anyday over a strip series that just suddenly ends -- anyone who's read Post-Sex Cleanup or SexyLosers knows what I'm talking about.

SexyLosers... *sigh*. Now I'll never know if that reincarnated girl got revenge on that necrophile!

Er... anyway, I think it's better for people to keep their opinion to themselves unless the artist starts behaving like Rob Liefeld all the time. The creators of MegaTokyo and Pholph have been driven to the edge more than once, and getting a comic killed is the worse way to find out how thick a cartoonist's skin is.
"Yeah yeah yeah... Use the Force to toss the Shikon Jewel into the fires of Mount Doom at the end of the Yellow Brick Road before Lord Voldemort learns that the Anti-Life Equation is the number 42! We've heard it all before!"
-- Crow, MST3K 2: Clash of the Titans
Astro_citizen
Regular Poster

Postby Admiral on Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:16 pm

astro_citizen wrote:You're alone DocPhibes... I mena, DocForbin. Personally, I'll take a late comic anyday over a strip series that just suddenly ends -- anyone who's read Post-Sex Cleanup or SexyLosers knows what I'm talking about.
Post-Sex Cleanup hasn't officially died yet (at least according to the information on the site). Its currently on hiatus due to the PC that has all the artwork on it being in storage.

I don't mind when Tang misses an update or one is delayed - but I would like it if he could at least post a message when this is happening, so that the readers can be aware of the current state of play.
Admiral
Regular Poster

Postby Journ-O-LST-3 on Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:45 am

Meh, the comics come when they do, I have no problem checking the page a few times a week myself.

Also look at Doc's picture, I think this may be a joke.
Journ-O-LST-3
Regular Poster

Postby Pchrgt on Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:10 pm

I don't mind if a strip is late, the trouble I have is once there hasn't been an update for a very long time I don't know if it will ever update again.

If a strip is going to be late it would be nice if Tang could just make a post here and tell us that it will be late and when he expects it will be up. That way we don't have to keep checking every day and can be assured that Tang is still alive.
Pchrgt

Postby Space_tiger on Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:40 pm

pchrgt wrote:I don't mind if a strip is late, the trouble I have is once there hasn't been an update for a very long time I don't know if it will ever update again.

If a strip is going to be late it would be nice if Tang could just make a post here and tell us that it will be late and when he expects it will be up. That way we don't have to keep checking every day and can be assured that Tang is still alive.

Now here is a solution for you:

If you use Firefox you can use the RSS in this forum to link it up to your bookmarks (or favorites). That way you don't actually have to visit the forums but just hover your mouse and glance to see if a new topic has been posted. In all, it will look like this:

Pity that we should see this topic on top. As I agree with ProfessorTomoe, DocForbin is just a complete jackass with no right to speak like that to an artists that graces us with a free comic almost every week.

Tang, don't get dispirited by such comments, and keep the good work!
Space_tiger

Return to Tang's Comics