Update for 27-Nov-05

Update for 27-Nov-05

Postby Tangho on Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:03 am

TWC: (Houn Fu and his Seven Master 2)The reason for Houn Wai to kill Houn Fu's six masters might just as simple as the fact that they claimed to be the best in front of her.
Houn Wai's last name was given to her after she became the Queen's Maid.
Masters give their family name to their servants to indicate owenership.

TAV:(First Thing First) It'd really hurt Miyuki if Tatsuya refuse to have sex with her, and we all know Tatsuya is a gentleman. . .

HCT:(Another Mistake) Mr and Mrs Yamamoto are not like most horny teenagers--They are horny only for each others--Not very realistic, but it is a fiction, so...
Tangho
Regular Poster

Postby Happypeepeehead on Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:50 am

TWC: What time period is this around?
TAV: He's learned self control, eh? He was a gentleman before, but he wouldn't turn down offers, either. Guess going steady with Miki did that to him.
Happypeepeehead
Regular Poster

Postby Tangho on Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:36 am

happypeepeehead wrote:TWC: What time period is this around?

It is fictional world of ancient China. Details and social values in this story is not confined within one particular period.I would say something between 100 B.C. and 500 A.D.
Tangho
Regular Poster

Postby Anker Steadfast on Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:57 am

TWC :
I find it interesting that he has such a need for teachers - Isn't masters meant to challenge themselves by developing a new style ?
Perhaps he hasn't "grown up" yet and doesn't really believe he's a master himself.

TAV :
It can be hard to control those hormones.
Especially when you are horny.

HCT :
Oh ... my .. god !
I once did that ! :o
Anker Steadfast
Barbarian Warrior (retired)

Anker Steadfast
Regular Poster

More Info

Postby Databass on Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:44 pm

Hi Tang! I'm really glad Journeys of Phenix is going again, I like it a lot! I have a few really basic questions-

So this Journeys is set far back in time... is this the same Phenix from the usual TWC or sort of a "re-imagining" of her back in the past? Maybe an ancestor? What I'm confused about is that the modern day Phenix does live in modern or even slightly future times, because she's friends with android robots like Dana-03 right?

Fung Yee is Phenix's modern-day master right? As I remember it, she was a little disappointed with Phenix's slow progress and sent her off to wander the land for a while. Was that in modern times or in the past? What about the mad swordsman, was he also in the ancient times then?

How old is Fung Yee? I remember when you did the poll of "How Many People Have You Killed?" Fung Yee mentioned it was a lot but that was hundreds of years ago. Is she really old? I can accept that a kung fu master might know how to eat right and live healthily so they don't age if need be. ; -) But then who is Phenix in the Journeys of Phenix if that story is set in ancient times? An ancestor of the modern Phenix? Was a time machine involved?!?
Databass
Regular Poster

Postby Anker Steadfast on Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:00 am

What I want to know is : Was hot sexxors involved in the timetravel ? :lol:
Anker Steadfast

Anker Steadfast
Regular Poster

Re: More Info

Postby Tangho on Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:56 am

Databass wrote:So this Journeys is set far back in time... is this the same Phenix from the usual TWC or sort of a "re-imagining" of her back in the past? Maybe an ancestor? What I'm confused about is that the modern day Phenix does live in modern or even slightly future times, because she's friends with android robots like Dana-03 right?

The first time Phenix appeared in TWC was when she was 18 and strated traveling the nation on her own for the first time. Later, she's been interacting with the author and breaking the fourth wall most of the time. Since the author (Tang) is living in a modren world, Phenix also became a modren woman. Journey of Phenix is like set the clock back to the early day of TWC, Phenix is 18 again, instead of currently 23. Every thing she did in the modern time has not happened yet. So, she won't recongize D-03 if they meet now in the current story line. The most important difference is--Now she doesn't know that she's in a comic.

Databass wrote:Fung Yee is Phenix's modern-day master right? As I remember it, she was a little disappointed with Phenix's slow progress and sent her off to wander the land for a while. Was that in modern times or in the past? What about the mad swordsman, was he also in the ancient times then?

How old is Fung Yee? I remember when you did the poll of "How Many People Have You Killed?" Fung Yee mentioned it was a lot but that was hundreds of years ago. Is she really old? I can accept that a kung fu master might know how to eat right and live healthily so they don't age if need be. ; -) But then who is Phenix in the Journeys of Phenix if that story is set in ancient times? An ancestor of the modern Phenix? Was a time machine involved?!?

Fung Yee's situation is similar to Phenix. She is currently 38 in modren time. However, in the Journey of Phenix series, she is five years younger. So she'd be 33 in this series. They are like two time travelers in TWC, I just take away the time traveling part and start the story again in the original time period they belonged to. Kind of like an alternate university where Phenix and Fung Yee never travelled to modern time.
Tangho
Regular Poster

Postby Databass on Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:21 pm

Oh, OK. I think I understand. Phenix and Fung Yee's "home" is in the past, they got a free ride to the future through cartoon magic so to speak.

Random note- Huon Fu's sideburns remind me of Maxi from the Soul Calibur Series.
Databass
Regular Poster

Postby Anker Steadfast on Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:38 am

Naw - he's Elvis reincarnated !
(or would that be pre-incarnated ?)

He obviously wants to be the king ! :D
Anker Steadfast

Anker Steadfast
Regular Poster

Return to Tang's Comics