Uncanny coincidence

Hraxmeim
Regular Poster

Uncanny coincidence

Post by Hraxmeim »

I follow both Untitled! and Sluggy Freelance webcomics. As a longtime reader of both, I have noticed that Gloria has the strange tendency to go on hiatus at the exact same time as Pete. This has happened more than once. In fact, it is also going on right now. I just thought I should point it out.

Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Post by Andrick »

What? Are you suspecting there's some kind of tryst between the two?
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.

TwoDifferentSox
Regular Poster

Post by TwoDifferentSox »

Let's see if there are other similarities between those two...
How about rabbits?
Maybe Bun-Bun and Snitter are related?

ZOMBIE USER 10925
Regular Poster

Post by ZOMBIE USER 10925 »

Well, if we're looking for conspiracies, then how about Kiki and Xe?

Perhaps Kiki is yet another example of an escaped X-I experiment from that brood of ermines...

Tek Roo
Regular Poster

Post by Tek Roo »

Spectre_Eric wrote:Perhaps Kiki is yet another example of an escaped X-I experiment from that brood of ermines...
Well, Kiki is an escaped experiment, but did we ever know what that operation was called? Perhaps Gloria and Peter Abrams are the same person! I know I've never seen them in the same place at the same time...
Image <--- Temporary Avatar (I was feeling naked because you couldn't see my clothes)

Starpaw
Regular Poster

split personality

Post by Starpaw »

Gloria, mild mannered cartoonist by day but by night becomes...another mild mannered cartoonist..

nah it just dosnt work does it?

but then she did hint at being confused on the gender thing over the paper round thread, so these tow person claims could end up true

j/k

Gloria
Regular Poster

Post by Gloria »

*contemplates the thought that she might be a middle aged bearded fellow who likes to party and write the address of his comic on girls bellies*

0.o

Oh dear...
~Gloria~

ZOMBIE USER 10925
Regular Poster

Although, IIRC, Pete Abrams is married and has a kid.

Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Post by Andrick »

Outlandish thought... Image ... who... who is he married to?

Tek Roo
Regular Poster

Post by Tek Roo »

Spectre_Eric wrote:Although, IIRC, Pete Abrams is married and has a kid.
Pete and Gloria could very well be actors, hired to distract attention away from the real cartoonist, Bill Gates!

Think about it! Both Untitled! and Sluggy Freelance have huge Sunday editions! Downloading, processing and and displaying these large-format images requires computing power! Once upon a time, we would have been happy with Windows 3.2 and 4MB of RAM! As processors became even faster; bigger, bulkier operating systems had to be created to slow the processors down, otherwise no one would be the slighest bit interested in spending more money on upgrades, and the entire computer industry would have imploded, putting Microsoft out of business! Larger comics add to the stress that the operating system is already under, resulting in a market for bigger hard driver, more memory, faster connections, and of course, the next generation operating system!

I know it will crush Devon to find out that Gloria is really an aging, male, money-grubbing computer geek, but the truth must be known! I'm sorry dude!! We're here for you!
Image <--- Temporary Avatar (I was feeling naked because you couldn't see my clothes)

Anillennium
Regular Poster

Post by Anillennium »

Gloria wrote:*contemplates the thought that she might be a middle aged bearded fellow who likes to party and write the address of his comic on girls bellies*

0.o

Oh dear...
you know...that actually IS quite funny to think about. you with your butt hanging over the edges of the chair, with a can of pepsi in each had, and a bag of cheeto curls in the crook of your arm.....*snickers*

ZOMBIE USER 10915
Regular Poster

Post by ZOMBIE USER 10915 »

Tek Roo wrote:I know it will crush Devon to find out that Gloria is really an aging, male, money-grubbing computer geek, but the truth must be known! I'm sorry dude!! We're here for you!
Think of all the guns he could buy with that kind of money. :o

We could all go to Devons to play war, with real tanks! 8)
Anillennium wrote:a can of pepsi in each had, and a bag of cheeto curls in the crook of your arm.....*snickers*
Mmmm, snackies! :D

(Auntie Shrew: Prepare to move your very, very odd family.)

W.M.Y.L.G. Joe
Regular Poster

Post by W.M.Y.L.G. Joe »

I know it will crush Devon to find out that Gloria is really an aging, male, money-grubbing computer geek, but the truth must be known!
*opens his mouth to say something, then stops*

Naaaaaaaah... too easy. :wink:
"If you take a slam, get up and land that sucker. Don't let it beat you." - Anon.

"God has the power to heal smooshed brains." - Gloria Higginbottom

MongooseQuarrel
Regular Poster
Location: Ooo..what a nice comfy bed you have,hey-mags..0.0..Can I borrow this one?

Post by MongooseQuarrel »

Pete and Gloria could very well be actors, hired to distract attention away from the real cartoonist, Bill Gates!
nononononono! Wrong!
but sniffing the right signpost!
they are mearly in CO-HOOCS!(yes, co-hoocs, as I cannot spell and am lazy) with the big BG, being paid off in small increments and rewards...maybe not money, but rewards..and take your mind outta the gutter there!..this leads me to think that neither artist has had socks go missing...
Im not evil, just sorely underrepresented...

Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Post by Andrick »

MongooseQuarrel wrote:...but sniffing the right signpost...
Have you been marking your territory again, MQ? And there are three things in life we can all count on: death, taxes and space demons warping into our dryers to eat one sock of a matched pair. Yes folks, these are the things where the highest of the high stand shoulder to shoulder with the lowest of the low.
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.

Gloria
Regular Poster

Post by Gloria »

Actually, I DO lose socks.

and sorry to bust your bubble, but it's not necessarily the dryer. I believe that our WAHSING MACHINE at home eats socks. I think there's a gap under the agitator that socks get pulled into as it rotates. And the more socks there are, the bigger the gap, and thus the more socks vanish. We just haven't figured out how to get the agitator out yet.

*nodnod*
~Gloria~

ZOMBIE USER 10915
Regular Poster

Post by ZOMBIE USER 10915 »

Gloria wrote:We just haven't figured out how to get the agitator out yet.
Dynamite! :o

Works every time. :wink:

Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Post by Andrick »

No, no, no, Gloria, what you are witnessing is a common spatial anomaly called a "wormhole". Though it is rare for washing machines (unless its a Kenmoor) it more frequently appeas in freshly unsealed flasks of alcohol; the greater the quantity the more which is funneled into the nether by this phenomena. There is much conjecture about this theory but one universally accepted fact is the sentience which is demonstarted by the selctive siphoning of this wyrmhole. Only good alcohol is leeched from its vessels and only one of a mated pair of socks is taken (not even by accident is the widower sock taken throughout repeated washings).

Points of theory: Precision targeted wormholes. Items shuffled off to the nether. Owner of purloined goods is distressed after theft is discovered. Ergo: Space Demons are behind it. Image

Tek Roo
Regular Poster

Post by Tek Roo »

There! See? You are all in on it! I knew it! You thought you could fool me with your tete-a-tete, and your vis-

ZOMBIE USER 10925
Regular Poster

Argh, this professional level of madness is beyond me! :)

And no, the Greys didn't put me up to it! They've been lurking here much longer than I have! What? No, they couldn't be watching now...

(The dryer portal incident reminds me of a CatFantastic story where an apprentice and his cat familiar have to go through the portal after an invisible sock was lost in the dryer...)