Relaunch the second [1st Jan 2005]

Relaunch the second [1st Jan 2005]

Postby Schissel on Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:04 pm

Looking forward to finding out where they think they're going, and what happens on the way there. (Where they end up is something else but there's no need to tell them that.)

Eric
My beliefs are firmly rooted in my recollection of the gist of my understanding of the gestalt of the overall issue, more or less, dang it!
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:06 am

Though I oughtn't be replying, I wonder about that knight. Well, time may tell, if time is in the mood. Moody person (herb?), t(hy/i)me.

Eric
My beliefs are firmly rooted in my recollection of the gist of my understanding of the gestalt of the overall issue, more or less, dang it!
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:06 am

Worried about "that knight", hmm? But... Which one of them? (This is ignoring the fact that technically there are no knights in Erigineea, just the cavalry units of armies...)

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

In answer, in reply, for he is flying-- no, no, not..

Postby Schissel on Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:49 pm

quoting_mungo wrote:Worried about "that knight", hmm? But... Which one of them? (This is ignoring the fact that technically there are no knights in Erigineea, just the cavalry units of armies...)

-Alexandra

The chap in the helmet, or what I believe to be a helm, who in the currently-up comic is riding in the air rather than hugging ground. When someone's taken the trouble to helmet up I expect that something's probably up (not good for true). Of course, expectations are meant to be shaken. (Not stirred.)

-Eric who needs to remember how to shrink his sig font a bit in BBCode
Schissel
Regular Poster

I sooth yet also i caprice

Postby Schissel on Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:17 pm

For it was passing through, that a mungo of the quoting variety so wrote:Worried about "that knight", hmm? But... Which one of them? (This is ignoring the fact that technically there are no knights in Erigineea, just the cavalry units of armies...)

-Alexandra

Replying again with two porpoises (here *throws fish* ok, three - just three, no need for the Spanish Inquisition. Which, it's true, no one ever expects.)

Firstly, that the coloring and drawing as I should have mentioned, seemed to me particularly good.

Secondly, I just wanted to test whether the sig was smaller this time *DUCKS*
--Eric
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:42 pm

Quite honestly... He doesn't have a saddle to hang it off of, and he's following protocol and being a good little drone and wearing it. The fellow on the skittish horse has his helmet on the saddle, and the fellow on the armored horse is probably wearing his, only you can't see it. I think.

He didn't tell me, so I could be wrong.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:56 pm

It was then in explanation that the mungo went, and wrote:Quite honestly... He doesn't have a saddle to hang it off of, and he's following protocol and being a good little drone and wearing it. The fellow on the skittish horse has his helmet on the saddle, and the fellow on the armored horse is probably wearing his, only you can't see it. I think.

He didn't tell me, so I could be wrong.

-Alexandra

My memory being what it is (and what it is, is a distracted and distractible - sp? and amnesiac bit of dust) I think I should recognize the ones being chased in this latest scene (and who were on the right side, and also on the right side, in the scene before) but I do not. Or could that be Jaq, the *dramatic pause* Pre-Squirrel? (Ok, probably not.)

--Eric pondering in advance
(And feeling a bit embarrassed since he finally saw the Erigineea posts in which you're announcing these updates. Been skipping some community posts lately, which has not been wise on General Principles (I'm sure he's in some army somewhere) either.)
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:31 am

The air-headed Air Paladin is offended, on the basis that she has more of a chest than the little boy.

Read the notes in the journal again, horsie.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:33 am

mangouste-of-quoting who has that intention expressed -- of using these chars. as a ... plot device *gasp* *horror!*... went and wrote:The air-headed Air Paladin is offended, on the basis that she has more of a chest than the little boy.

Read the notes in the journal again, horsie.

-Alexandra

Duly noted, and I like the name of the town (I do have a - very minor - gripe about the horses and equines generally these last few; they are very beautiful, fur and coloring, but they look a little like gryphs.)

Apologies to you and to Jaq -- well, to you. When Jaq has a "revelation scene"
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:51 am

That would be explained by the fact that they're the Grivjon army. Well, a small portion of it, at least. Yesyes.

More about it all later, really. Yes. Slow-paced story, it is.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:07 am

clarifying mungo rose - not that Rose - an eyebrow and then wrote:That would be explained by the fact that they're the Grivjon army. Well, a small portion of it, at least. Yesyes.

More about it all later, really. Yes. Slow-paced story, it is.

-Alexandra

They ring a bell, from Rose's earlier years (no cookie for horsie, that connection was far far too obvious.) The problem with my ol'habit of anticipation (antic...or rather "Intermission!!" to borrow a line from A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum) is that it gets revealed anyway. Ah well. :)
(Bit gloomy, very little sleep, and attempts to repair this not so very successful, either. This sentence, no verb.)
So to test my basic comprehension level (yes, it really is that poor) this all expands/is a prequel to/combination of thisthat/ what was the Curse storyline (and will be, with adjustments, I gather), linking the beginning of PH and what precedes it in main continuity in Erigineea? Something along those very General Lines (another staff person in some army, of course, until he's demoted and becomes Private Adjutant Lines)?
--Eric
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:46 am

There will be more names dropped that may or may not be familiar.

Yes, this storyline is pre-Curse, building up a "this is where the characters are". Actually, it's technically pre-Haven, too, because Haven isn't Founded yet in present continuty. Will become more apparent as time passes. There will be a bit of Haven-pre-Curse before the Curse strikes, for Reasons. (Mostly my needing to tie loose ends together and fit events and stories and things into the continuty puzzle.)

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:36 am

quoting_mungo wrote:There will be more names dropped that may or may not be familiar.

Yes, this storyline is pre-Curse, building up a "this is where the characters are". Actually, it's technically pre-Haven, too, because Haven isn't Founded yet in present continuty. Will become more apparent as time passes. There will be a bit of Haven-pre-Curse before the Curse strikes, for Reasons. (Mostly my needing to tie loose ends together and fit events and stories and things into the continuty puzzle.)

-Alexandra

I don't think I've heard, myself the proximate causes, the straw on the camel's back, that caused Sah' to found Haven, rather than just what made it a good idea. As I've said before (to very, very badly misquote, in the perseveration of wildnes...) I like slow, deliberate stories. (And to create Haven and then skip immediately to post-Curse would jar by shifting gears, among other things, though shifting gears is not in itself a bad thing (thing. thing. I wrote things. Right then.), just as maintaining a pace for its own sake alone is not in itself a good one. Vollow the judgment... erm... yes. Yep.
Should finish this before bus is missed. Again.
--Eric
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:31 am

The straw on the camel's back quite honestly was being sent off on the Quest in OMW. Before that, being a Paladin was just an inconvenience. A big inconvenience.

Sah' has something of a crippling sense of duty, see.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:39 pm

quoting_mungo wrote:The straw on the camel's back quite honestly was being sent off on the Quest in OMW. Before that, being a Paladin was just an inconvenience. A big inconvenience.

Sah' has something of a crippling sense of duty, see.

-Alexandra

To just slightly paraphrase a musical I saw recently "Did he have any other pressing appointments?" I was under the impression it was what he did for a living.
-Eric the even more than usually confused, not that it's easy to tell. Analogies come to mind.
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:28 pm

Nah. He's a merc brat through and through. Kinda like an army brat, but a lot more focused on "what do I get for that?", kinda like my little brother. He kinda did the whole Chosen deal for a living for a while, but the Paladin bit... That was more done TO him, to KEEP him alive.

Blame it all on Gina. He does.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:41 pm

quoting_mungo wrote:Nah. He's a merc brat through and through. Kinda like an army brat, but a lot more focused on "what do I get for that?", kinda like my little brother. He kinda did the whole Chosen deal for a living for a while, but the Paladin bit... That was more done TO him, to KEEP him alive.

Blame it all on Gina. He does.

-Alexandra

I shouldn't doubt it, though since this is the first I've heard of his life being in danger (erm, more danger than being a mage, a warrior, being a target of Rose's at one point, being sent on quests and other pleasant aspects of the calling, that is to say) and since Gina's life is most certainly in danger (and that's another item having to do with Haven, if I recall, since she has some sanctuary there, or at least, her Patron can be bullied off with more success when she's there) this sounds like a (tangent) Story which I look forward to reading.
Y'r humble servant of course Eric
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:05 am

'Rose could SO kick his ass. It was the intervention that tipped the battle. Really.

*ahem*

Gina has sanctuary wherever Sah' is. Sah' just stays in Haven so Keithara can't send him on errands. He hates running errands and not getting paid for it. And nobody ever pays a Paladin.

Ether does do a whole lot of glaring even when he's around, though. When She's not busy with something else.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:30 am

quoting_mungo wrote:'Rose could SO kick his ass. It was the intervention that tipped the battle. Really.

*ahem*

Gina has sanctuary wherever Sah' is. Sah' just stays in Haven so Keithara can't send him on errands. He hates running errands and not getting paid for it. And nobody ever pays a Paladin.

As to point one, I'm sure he begs to differ.

As to point the second. Now there, is a thought. Hee. Or a title. Rm.

It was in continuation of the above then, that the mungo, quoting, wrote:Ether does do a whole lot of glaring even when he's around, though. When She's not busy with something else.

-Alexandra

Gods should learn how to multi-task.
Of course, in the timeline "right now" or "to be returned to" Sah' isn't in Haven at all, I wonder if this means his return will be delayed for other reasons than I'd thought. (And if Gina goes on a trip with 'Rose and not Sah', that's further.. hrm.) Still, a long bridge to that Tipperary, to mix metaphors and expressions mercilessly.

-Eric
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:32 am

Of course he would beg to differ. 'Rose's little brother likes being delusional and thinking he's the greatest mage to ever walk the earth. 'Rose usually humors him because it's easier than arguing and less messy than actually proving him wrong.

The Gods can multi-task just fine. They just... Don't like being in two actual physical places at once. It makes their heads hurt. Or something. They feel rather split, I guess. That, and glaring at people 24/9 gets boring after a while.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Paladins' Haven