Beginner Question

The Gear is deprecated, use the Help forum or CG Wiki.

Beginner Question

Postby Mikotoneko on Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:58 am

Okay, so I've got my uploading program, understand all that, got my account created after all that, got my comics ready to go, my only problem, is i'm not sure what to do with the page.

Simply put, what am I suppose to be using, html? umm..AutoKeen xml likeness stuff? I mean, where exactly.

Bare with the stupidity but I know why its not set up like html is, but am I still suppose to be using it? Also i've noticed a template on several people's pages, is there a place to get those templates?

I'm very familair with html, just not sure where or how to apply it here if I do. Please help the confused neko here!
Mikotoneko

Postby Bwerith on Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:14 pm

You can put your knowledge of HTML to good use....

Basically you can make your page whatever way you want. The only thing is that it must contain the advertising at the top, and the "hosted by comicgenesis" thingy at the bottom. You can just copy and paste those bits from the generic template index page that you start with.

The AutoKeen thingies are tags that you add to your HTML pages to do things like display the day's comic, and automatically make the Back and Next buttons, for example. The Taglossary tells you exactly what all the tags are and what they do. Basically, the AutoKeen tags are the automatic way of doing all the stuff that would be painful and time-consuming to do by hand.
Bwerith
Regular Poster

Thank you!

Postby Mikotoneko on Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:30 am

Now that makes sense, thank you very much
Mikotoneko

Return to Gear