Using Frames on a Keenspace Page

The Gear is deprecated, use the Help forum or CG Wiki.

Using Frames on a Keenspace Page

Postby Dancingpaperclip on Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:24 pm

I'm currently revamping my site and I was wondering, which page needs to be the index page? The page with the frames or the page that the newest comic goes on that ends up inside the frame page?

-Morgan
Dancingpaperclip

Postby -Fanny pack on Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:18 pm

The page with the frames.
While I wouldn't necessarily recommend using frames, to make one of your frames point to the newest comic, set the source to the following: /d/***raw_date***.html
This will only work if you're using it in your indextemplate.html file. Don't put frames in the dailytemplate.html files.
-Fanny pack
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Dancingpaperclip on Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:46 pm

-Fanny pack wrote:The page with the frames.
While I wouldn't necessarily recommend using frames, to make one of your frames point to the newest comic, set the source to the following: /d/***raw_date***.html
This will only work if you're using it in your indextemplate.html file. Don't put frames in the dailytemplate.html files.

Thanks! I'm not thrilled with the idea of using frames myself, but I don't have flash..

-Morgan
Dancingpaperclip

Postby -Fanny pack on Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:51 pm

dancingpaperclip wrote:Thanks! I'm not thrilled with the idea of using frames myself, but I don't have flash..

-Morgan

Maybe you could explain what you're trying to do with the frames? I'm quite confused, and there's probably a better way than with frames.
-Fanny pack

Postby SABERinBLUE on Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:36 pm

Using frames with AutoKeen breeds ill and hardship to both the webmaster and the client, as Autokeen does not allow you to specify frame targets in its comic navigation links. They are set to target the frame in which the anchor resides. Additionally, both the Last button and the Next button on the second-to-last page are set to href to the main index page, not the archived latest page. And the index page is going to be the one that defines the frames. No matter what you do, a click of the Next button on the second-to-last page will nest whatever frames you have. Not a good sitchy-ation.
My webcomic:
The Paragon Project
SABERinBLUE
Regular Poster

Return to Gear