Yes, yes, I'm dumb

The Gear is deprecated, use the Help forum or CG Wiki.

Yes, yes, I'm dumb

Postby Lyatherin on Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:47 pm

You heard me, I'm dumb.

That's why you guys have to tell me the facts of creating the site. HTML? What kind, and what for? Is there a link for gear like if you were making a geocities site or something?

I've read the "tutorials" and nothing lights up. I need sort simple answers for a noobie, and how to get started, since signing up was hard enough. Thank you in advance.
Lyatherin

Postby Alaina on Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:35 am

Basically, HTML is a type of code that act as a sort of "action word", as I like to think of it.

It's like playing video games. Hit "up" on the control and the character will jump. Hit left-right-down and the character will...I dunno, look around and crouch.

With computers, you put in a code (aka HTML) to make your text a different font, change your background color, make tables, etc. It's the easiest way (imo) to customize your website.

http://www.w3schools.com/: It's a site for beginners
Alaina
Regular Poster

Postby Lyatherin on Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:00 pm

After I've harnessed this HTML tactic, where exactly do I post it, and is there any real gear I can use for the site? Like where I can upload pics and etc.

For both questions, it would help much if you directed me to where to find it on the site?

[thank you in advance]
Lyatherin

Postby Alaina on Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:53 pm

Dude, go to the Help forum. It's got beginning FAQ and tutorials that answer all your questions.
Alaina
Regular Poster

Return to Gear