Screaming Letterman presents: Stupid HTML Tricks

The Gear is deprecated, use the Help forum or CG Wiki.

Screaming Letterman presents: Stupid HTML Tricks

Postby Screaming Organism on Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:15 am

Okay... I'm fairly new to the world of HTML, tags, and keenspace.

I really like my comic's page but it needs a decent look to it.

Buttons will help. I have read the "Rollover" tutorial and made all the changes to the proper HTML file to help the server recognize that the buttons are there on the page.

Does anyone know how I can get these buttons to appear AND work properly?

I apologize for being such a newb.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"One has to be a newb before one can be considered a decent human being." --Screaming Organism
Screaming Organism

Postby Smorris on Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:40 am

I'm not sure but I think a lot of the information you're looking for should be here: http://maniacaladvantage.keenspace.com/ ... ssary.html particularly under the ***next_strip*** or ***previous_strip*** sections. What you're looking to do is name your buttons next_strip.gif, so Keenspace will recognize it.

-Scott
Smorris
Regular Poster

Postby YarpsDat on Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:52 am

No, not really.
More like next_day.gif and previous_day.gif

I'm not sure what you mean by "HTML file to help the server recognize that the buttons are there on the page. "
You need: the image files, and JavaScript to manage them. I suspect the tutorial you mentioned should have the JavaScript you need (what kind of tutorial would it be otherwise o_0), so I don't quite understand. :-?

Oh, and no problem, but next time try in the help forum, you'll get the help easier there.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Smorris on Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:12 am

YarpsDat wrote:No, not really.
More like next_day.gif and previous_day.gif

Whoops! Guess I should be more careful trusting my memory or I'll just confuse somebody more. :)

-Scott
Smorris
Regular Poster

Sowwies...

Postby Screaming Organism on Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:09 am

Sorry about the off-topic post... I'm new to the board. :(
Screaming Organism

Re: Sowwies...

Postby YarpsDat on Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:37 am

Screaming Organism wrote:Sorry about the off-topic post... I'm new to the board. :(

No problem.

But you still need to explain your problem in more detail if you need help...

Post the code you have (if you have any), and what do you want it to do (I assume you want it to "change the image into another one when you haver the mouse over it", but do you want it for the next-previous buttons? or for cast/FAQ/archives/gallery and other buttons?), and what it does instead (ie. it does nothing, displays errors, shows red-x-of-doom all the time.), and we'll try to figure it out.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Return to Gear