Welcome!

Gord McLeod

Post by Gord McLeod »

Just a quick welcome note and a little intro of myself. I do October's Fools in my spare time, using a Wacom tablet and Adobe Illustrator. I'm starting to bring Photoshop into the process, though I'm attempting to keep as much of the work in a single program as I can, for a variety of reasons.<P>My cartooning background is... well, is pretty much limited to what you see on my OF site. ;) I'm coming in at this from a writing background, not an artistic background. I feel the need to point this out because, while my art isn't that great so far, you've probably noticed the writing isn't necessarily what you'd expect from a published author either - this is because I've been concentrating so hard on improving my art... heh. Anyway, enough excuse making. Back to the point.<P>I'm doing a comic strip for my own amusement, primarily. I say this because I firmly believe that if I were to do it and NOT amuse myself with it, I'd be doing my readers a disservice too - you'd no doubt pick up on my lack of enthusiasm and enjoy the strip less as a result. That being said, amusing other people is a secondary goal of mine, and so I hope you do enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying its creation!
<P>------------------
Gordon S. McLeod
Octobeer's Fools
http://octobersfools.keenspace.com