ZOMG Scary!

ZOMG Scary!

Postby Tlaren on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Bill Blaine is utterly TERRIFYING in this strip... holy smokes...
Tlaren

Re: ZOMG Scary!

Postby KatEllis on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Tlaren wrote:Bill Blaine is utterly TERRIFYING in this strip... holy smokes...

He's fighting a megalomaniac who genuinely thought he'd done Bill in... he's gotta
be fierce to fight someone like that!
KatEllis
Cartoon Hero

Postby Tlaren on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:25 am

It's the slasher smile, I think. I know he's pissed, but that smile scares the daylights out of me.
Tlaren

Postby k9_kaos on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:03 am

I'm starting to sympathise with Skamm now (with the help of the cute drawing of him lower left). It looks as if he's becoming one of the good guys, though I doubt they would welcome him with open arms. I worry that Karostropov will do something to him now that he's betrayed his trust.
Tlaren wrote:Bill Blaine is utterly TERRIFYING in this strip... holy smokes...

I love those expressions, myself! I think that they make the comic fun to look at. Like the picture of Kit lower right here and Squinx's wild take here. If a character is always on-model an exhibits a rigid personality it can make the comic quite generic and predictable.

I've noticed Mitchell has become more sinister recently - he once scorned Karostropov for planning to kill Bill Blaine ("Kill Bill"... sounds like a movie) when he only wanted to fake his death, but in the last comic he was considering wiping out the entire Copulation Club! It must be his greed for attaining wealth that is making him mad with power. It is a good example of how personalities can change in this comic, like the lawyers forsaking their shady past.

Also, I wonder if we'll ever get to see Skamm's private parts. Hmmm, maybe it will be one of those eternal mysteries, like the face of Dr. Claw in the Inspector Gadget cartoons! :)

This comic has definitely become exciting! It must be the element of danger that permeates it (like in "Outfox the Tyrant").
k9_kaos

Postby KatEllis on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:28 pm

I'm starting to sympathise with Skamm now (with the help of the cute drawing of him lower left). It looks as if he's becoming one of the good guys, though I doubt they would welcome him with open arms. I worry that Karostropov will do something to him now that he's betrayed his trust.

You are very much correct in worry about Ol' Purple Eyes - he isn't going to let Skamm go without a fight!
KatEllis
Cartoon Hero

Postby WolfWarriorRunning on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:02 am

To be honest, I breathed a huge sigh of relief at this strip. After weeks of thinking there was some plot to coerce/force Skamm into doing something sexual, it's lovely see it finally hit him that he's in love, and that's a-okay.
WolfWarriorRunning
Regular Poster

Return to Kit n Kay Boodle