Is Meta story a Better story?

Is Meta story a Better story?

Postby Glubule on Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:43 am

I have been following this comic for a while and I have to say that Mr. Katellis is a very artistically talented individual. Kit and Kay have certainly proven their popularity over the course of their adventures. Not that this opinion matters, and I fully understand people not agreeing, but it seemed like a better format when our lovable furry friends followed weekly installments that lasted at most seven pages. While the dramatic ongoing plot is a shining example of Mr Katellis' dramatic awareness, I feel the mono-emotic characters could have had their personalities better identified should they have followed shorter installments. Speaking of which, the foxes after which the comic is, after all named, haven't made much of an appearance lately, eager to see what Katellis intends to do with the series. Obviously it would be nice to have a few shorter episodes between this main plot and the next, but I'd also like to know the direction of the over-arching storyline. In the hopes that one would read this, as well could you speak your mind about the whole "furry sex" thing. Opinions such as controversy, criticism by others, morally just, that sort of thing?
I hope you have a very nice day, especially our special artist.
Peace
Glubule

Re: Is Meta story a Better story?

Postby KatEllis on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Is a bigger story a better story? That's a perfectly logical question. Could I (or should I) have gone on doing the brief little tales that I did for a long time, or should I even have tried to embark on a single story that has gone on for years? The only way to know what you can do, what you are capable of, is to actually try to do it. Some readers are going to like it, some will not. That's the risk you take in any kind of storytelling. But as long as more of the readers you have understand where you're going and stick with you, than get tired of you and leave, then you're succeeding as a storyteller. I don't know if I'd take on such a large story again, but I'm definitely not sorry I started this one.
KatEllis
Cartoon Hero

Re: Is Meta story a Better story?

Postby fuzzy mittens on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:19 pm

I for one liked those silly simple stories from the beginning that could start and be resolved in a relativly short amount of time over the storylines that seemed to span years ^^; though i like the fun and diverse characters who have shown up after the shift to longer story....
fuzzy mittens

Return to Kit n Kay Boodle