What Gave You The Idea To Do Cats??

Postby Key on Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:26 pm

Dear Meredith,

What gave you the idea to do cats? What motivates your thoughts, what do you think about when coming up with storylines? Your art is very good, and I would like to be as good as you someday. Currently, you are focused in a serious format. What made you change from humor to emotional? Where do you go to develop your ideas? Does having a boyfriend have anything to do with the story's change of pace? What's it like being in love?

Key
Key

Postby Meredith Gran on Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:01 pm

What gave you the idea to do cats?

I like cats. They're cute.

What motivates your thoughts, what do you think about when coming up with storylines?

Mostly about what I can do with your minds next. :wink:

Your art is very good, and I would like to be as good as you someday.

Why, thank you. ^_^

Currently, you are focused in a serious format. What made you change from humor to emotional?

The comic's always been a hybrid of the two. Currently, though, I'm going through some dramatic storylines. Eventually, it will be funny again.

Where do you go to develop your ideas?

My room suits quite nicely. Shower is a good place to brainstorm, too.

Does having a boyfriend have anything to do with the story's change of pace?

Not really. The stories you are reading now were planned as much as year ago. The dialogue, however, may be a little influenced. :wink:

What's it like being in love?

Oh, quite nice, quite nice. It's even better having someone to love you back, though. <=)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Meredith Gran on 2002-04-18 16:02 ]</font>
Meredith Gran
Regular Poster

Postby Key on Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:43 pm

Meredith,

I won't ask what kind of ideas you develope in the bath/shower (ha ha). Do you incorporate any of yourself into your comics? Is there any character you would identify with? Where did you come up with the designs? The reason I'm asking is because your characters are so likeable, which is a hard feat for many to accomplish. I find it amazing that you have the storylines planned so far ahead. I don't think I could ever do that. It must take a special person to do that sorta thing. Hopefully, you will continue this strip for quite sometime. It would be a bummer if you stopped this comic because it's a great piece of work. It's very original. I'm very glad you have someone to love you back as I think you are very deserving of it. Hope all goes well.

Key
Key

Return to Not Gonna Take It