Teeeeeny comics?

Postby Meredith Gran on Mon Dec 24, 2001 6:00 am

I've seen some other sites that update the main page with a thumbnail of the most recent comic, instead of the whole thing. I'm wondering if maybe I should do that too. I feel like the large image file takes away from the rest of the site, and that the site distracts the reader from the comic. Bad chemistry or something.<P>Okay. Opinions?<P>Edit note: I should point out that the whole Archive wouldn't be thumbnails... just the main page. ^_^<p>[This message has been edited by Meredith Gran (edited 12-24-2001).]
Meredith Gran
Regular Poster

Postby EternalMoonBaby on Mon Dec 24, 2001 10:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Meredith Gran:
<B>I've seen some other sites that update the main page with a thumbnail of the most recent comic, instead of the whole thing. I'm wondering if maybe I should do that too. I feel like the large image file takes away from the rest of the site, and that the site distracts the reader from the comic. Bad chemistry or something.<P>Okay. Opinions?<P>Edit note: I should point out that the whole Archive wouldn't be thumbnails... just the main page. ^_^<P>[This message has been edited by Meredith Gran (edited 12-24-2001).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe that the thumbnail idea is great! That way newcomers can focus on EITHER the main page or the comic instead of all together. Just make sure the thumbnail is in an obvious place ^^;; some of us are not very observiant.....<P>
EternalMoonBaby

Postby DramaQueeN on Tue Dec 25, 2001 9:04 am

hey mer - uh, not to state the obvious but . . uh . . . this is a comic site . . . i know u want to do cool stuff w/ webpage layout and tons upon tons of other features, but . . .last time i checked anyway . . . . this is a comic site, and having only a tumbnail takes significance away from the comic itself . . you've got punkybird to do tons of cool stuff, so keep the comic page a comic page - and besides, anything tha's got the word "keen-" anywhere near it takes ages to go to and load . . . . so keep the comic full sized
~DQ
DramaQueeN

Postby Towr on Wed Dec 26, 2001 4:24 am

personally I prefer the comic on the main page.. Though if it's on a subpage which doesn't change (and which I could thus bookmark instead), I wouldn't mind much..
Towr
Regular Poster

Postby Tigerjuice on Thu Dec 27, 2001 5:49 am

bah! keep it the way it is!
Tigerjuice

Return to Not Gonna Take It