Have you been bitten by the bug?

Postby Daxhack on Fri Dec 29, 2000 9:04 am

Since I started the "Lemmings Saga" I've had three people tell me they dug out their old Super Nintendo or pc copies of Lemmings and started playing them again. I even played it a bit myself once I found a copy. Anyone else have a similar overwhelming desire to get out their old copy of lemmings and play? Or has this comic given you any overwhelming desires to do anything at all?<P>JB<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://pwwoi.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>http://pwwoi.keenspace.com</A>
Daxhack
Regular Poster

Postby Keys on Sat Dec 30, 2000 4:09 am

What's really odd is that I just started getting around to playing Lemmings (so I procrastinated just a little ^^; ) right before you started this saga.<P>How sad it is as I work my way through the levels and am forced to be the cause of the deathcries of more and more cute little lemmings.<P>To tell you the truth, I, in all my ignorance, never thought what I would do if I was a lemming... it's given me quite the subject to not go to bed on time over. I could lead a revolution among all lemmings and we would finally rise up against the system that ensalves us. It would be kind of like The Birds. Then again, I would probably just walk towards the right until I ran into something, and then maybe turn around.<P>Keys
It's the isomnia talking<p>[This message has been edited by Keys (edited 12-30-2000).]
Keys

Postby Daxhack on Sat Dec 30, 2000 12:21 pm

Perfect! This leads into some thoughts I had and then forgot promptly... Do the comics still make sense to someone who hasn't played lemmings? And to those that have played lemmings, do they make sense? And the $500 question, are they even funny to either party?! I'm curious for thoughts on both sides of this one.<P>The whole lemmings thing came about when I was in high school, in 9th grade, back in 1993-94 or so. I had two colors of highlighter pens, green and blue. I would doodle and doodle all through every class in black pen, then color in with the highlighters. Naturally blue and green lent itself to skys and fields, which got old quickly, and of course, lemmings. So I drew lots of lemmings. Walking, running, digging, standing, falling, chopping, and whatever else I could think of. They all paraded around my papers (and books, heh) till the green pen went dry. I thought about how much fun that all was way back then, and thats how all this came to be.<P>And to ruin the mood, I've got another week of lemmings saga comics scripted, but I plan to end it shortly after those and move on to bigger (and hopefully better) things. (a.k.a. long-awaited character development!)
Daxhack
Regular Poster

Return to Plays Well With Others, Inc.