Artist's Update, 01 - 26 - 01

Postby Matrygg on Sat Jan 27, 2001 2:00 am

Oh, why is god cruel to me? I had my chance at stardom and lost it because I had to move up here to go to school. I'm crushed. Crushed Crushed Crushed.<P>I think I will cry now.<P>--Matt<P>Who loves you all. Even Barry. Loser, loser Barry.
Matrygg
Regular Poster

Postby TimeMaster on Sat Jan 27, 2001 2:18 am

I will live forever.
I am forever.
Praise me!<P>-Montie
TimeMaster

Postby OnlyOne on Sat Jan 27, 2001 12:13 pm

Sorry about today's comic being about a day late. The sketch was actually done by Wednesday, but it's been a wierd couple of days before I was able to shade and scan it. Also, the actual sketch is about a half-inch more on the bottom, but because this comic was so dialogue-heavy (partially because I made a last-minute decision to combine this comic and what should have been the next one) I had to cut that off. Montie's actually wearing shorts. As far as who Montie is, I'm working on a cast page for the UCI RPG club now. For the time being, know that from left to right it's Barry, Montie, Ted, Gareth, and Colin.
And my apologies to the RPG club...I'm not going to get appearances or personalities perfect for a long time. It's hard to distinguish Montie, Ted, and Colin - at least Colin has lighter hair, so that's distinguishing...maybe from now on I'll just have Ted keep his signature jacket on. The real Ted always wears this thing, so...
In real life they look a lot alike, but that's just another thing that this artist is working on.<P>Today I got wierd and sick. Like a twitchiness, primarily. Chalk it up to exhaustion, MSG and adrenaline mixing.<P>Well, we're starting the segment of Only One that is the gamer's comic, so maybe this'll attract more readers. It was kind of a tough decision - between making a gaming comic at first, and telling a semi-serious story (of Beri and company.). I ended up combining the two, partially because I just don't have enough RPG jokes.<P>Oh, and one more thing - Only One is only updating four days a week now. The five day a week thing was just because I thought the exposition weeks were a little long (and I'm sure you'd agree) and wanted to speed it up a little.<P>So to anyone who's reading this, thanks for supporting me at Only One.<P>------------------
- Barry
AIM:Beri Alpha
http://OnlyOne-Online.org
OnlyOne
Regular Poster

Postby OnlyOne on Sat Jan 27, 2001 12:18 pm

Oops. 'In real life they look a lot alike...' trying to say that in real life they're nothing alike. You can tell them apart easily. They just all have short hair, and Montie's and Ted's are black.<P>------------------
- Barry
OnlyOne
Regular Poster

Postby OnlyOne on Sun Jan 28, 2001 12:16 pm

Allow me to explain this occurence!<P>Matrygg was once in the UCI RPG club. Matt left the RPG club, and now whines about not being in RPG club strips. How can one be both in RPG club and not in RPG club? This I wonder. I have a solution, but...that will be Monday.<P>------------------
- Barry
OnlyOne
Regular Poster

Return to Only One