Artist's update, 01 - 15 - 2001

Postby OnlyOne on Mon Jan 15, 2001 10:18 am

Well, this is going up on my new keyboard - Gareth spilled Diet Coke on my old one. I'd actually been using that keyboard for maybe ten years. It was a Windows 3.1 keyboard, because I was always pissed at the 95 hotkeys kicking me out of my games. Nowadays, though, the keys aren't a problem, so I may have just circumvented that problem. I found out in the meanwhile that I'm not half bad with an onscreen keyboard.
Also a close call at the Coke spill was that the stuff got on my sketchbook - but it was under some games, and the only thing that was damaged was the very edge. And but five minutes before I had moved the actual originals into a desk drawer. Very lucky, there.
Other than that, I managed to enroll in a drawing class for this quarter. Although I prefer my anime style to the realistic style these classes teach, any drawing practice is good. Speaking of which, the strips should be improving as I learn more tricks for scanning and posting online.
Speaking of that art class, it's really difficult to bike with an 18 x 24 drawing board on the back of my bike.
Also, today I plan to begin seriously promoting Only One. Although the story has been slow thus far to develop the characters, I have some brevity planned.
Another thing, I've been asked to do some comics for the newsletter around here. Problem is, there will only be six issues until the end of this year. What kind of story can you do in six shots? In order to give myself some kind of focus, I've been using a prop idea - a quartz crystal sword, since quartz becomes nearly invisible when submerged in alcohol. I can't really think of anything to do with that, though.<P>------------------
- Barry
AIM:Beri Alpha
http://OnlyOne-Online.org
OnlyOne
Regular Poster

Postby OnlyOne on Fri Jan 19, 2001 5:54 am

...right. Jolly good.<P>------------------
- Barry
AIM:Beri Alpha
http://OnlyOne-Online.org
OnlyOne
Regular Poster