Seriously Suzy updates

Seriously Suzy updates

Postby SunConn on Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:00 pm

This is Jason again. Something's happened to the original thread "Seriously Suzy Updates"; probably momentary forum problems... oh well... since the thread hasn't reappeared I'll post the latest news about the upcoming comic at http://suzy.keenspace.com (over in the news section of the under-construction site.)

The latest news (posted here since I don't have enough time to update the site): I've started scripting the first several comics, and the story is already getting interesting! Production is set to begin in November. I have also done a brief test comic to try out some improvements with my scanner and software: the test was successful and you'll soon see Suzy and others with even better color and line art! I've also put in a request for a separate Seriously Suzy message board but that may be a while since some glitches still plague Keenspace.

- Jason of Seriously Suzy
Coming spring 2004!
SunConn
Regular Poster

Another update

Postby SunConn on Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:13 pm

Hello, it's Jason again, posting an update about Seriously Suzy before I doze off. I still have no idea as to what happened to my original message thread. So far, I have storyboarded about 25 comics, pretty impressive considering that they're all 6-panel comics! The storyline is a closely guarded secret, but it's turning out to be quite interesting as I work on it some more. Also, Seriously Suzy will be rated Web-14 (guidance suggested for readers under 14) and I hope to make it a twice-a-week comic, on Mondays and Thursdays (as my schedule permits). I'm aiming for a premiere on or around March 2004 (probably March 1, which is a Monday) but that is subject to change quickly.

Sadly, I haven't had much to do with the Kleenspace dropdown (featuring inoffensive comics) in a long time. Free time has been in short supply lately, since I'm becoming a full-time student in the upcoming semester. I think I will discontinue the dropdown when 2004 starts. I may remove it altogether or simply not accept any new submissions... I haven't decided what to do yet.

I still don't know what to do with the original Sundae Connection website... I have no plans to make new SunConn comics... some day after the comic launches, I may consolidate the original comics and site pages into the Seriously Suzy site, keeping them for historical purposes. (Do not worry, Seriously Suzy will follow Sundae Connection's continuity carefully, and even cover events before the old comics...)

Take care and have a safe and happy holiday season! See y'all in 2004!

SunConn
Regular Poster

A minor update

Postby SunConn on Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:37 pm

It's Jason again, just letting you know that instead of ending Kleenspace forever, I have transferred administration of it to Warren Lawrence, who produces a Kleenspace comic called Spare Change. For more information you can visit the New Kleenspace HQ, and to sign up go on over to this thread.

As to the issue of what I shall do with the now-defunct Sundae Connection website, I still haven't reached a decision, but I'm kinda leaning towards closing it and putting the way-overdue rescanned/recolored comics on a special part of the Seriously Suzy website. I'll announce what I've decided ASAP.

http://suzy.keenspace.com
Coming in spring of 2004!
SunConn
Regular Poster

Getting closer to spring '04...

Postby SunConn on Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:08 pm

It's me again. I couldn't work too much on Seriously Suzy last month, I got sick and almost caught the flu :-? but now that I've gotten over that mess it is time for the spring semester to begin! :o So today (Jan. 11) I've inked a few more comics and did some storyboards for May/June comics, still trying to have plenty ready for a possible premiere on March 1, 2004. (That date is very tentative, and I'm not even making it official.)

If the schedule stays put, be sure not to miss the new comics around May '04... trust me on this one! :wink:

Now I need to review my course schedule so I can be in the right place tomorrow morning...

Coming spring 2004!
SunConn
Regular Poster

Postby Warren on Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:59 am

Do it! Post them comics!! NOW!!!

:P
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Getting oh-so-close to spring '04

Postby SunConn on Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:53 am

Patience, Warren :) ... I'm-a workin' on 'em when I can... meanwhile, here's a promo pic (part of the "brief test comic" mentioned in my first post):
I've even made a banner based on it; maybe I'll post the whole 2-panel "test comic" one day...

- Jason, Seriously Suzy cartoonist
<a href="http://suzy.keenspace.com">Image</a>
SunConn
Regular Poster

Snowbound (and stuck in ice)

Postby SunConn on Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:12 pm

Brrrr... it's Jason here, staying warm while North Carolina is frozen solid! It's so frozen that they've already cancelled classes for Tuesday, and Wednesday doesn't look good either! For today, I have nowhere important to go, so I'm staying put as long as the electrical lines hold up...

Since I have no school or work I've put the finishing touches on my new home network! It's just two computers (the one in my room, as seen here, and the internet-connected living room PC) and it's still a bit rusty when I access the Internet from my room (which is where I am typing this from!), but I managed to learn quite a bit about networks and proxies, etc. while I work out the bugs.

While I'm still working on the new comics and website, I might make a "teaser" (featuring some scenes from the comics) to show during February, leading up to the premiere in March (if things hold up) or sometime in the spring. It should pique everyone's interest... :)

P.S.: Gosh, looking at SunConn's Webcomics Awareness 2002 comic (linked above), it's amazing how things change after nearly 2 years... I think I'll do a Seriously Suzy WCA 2004 comic, featuring Suzy and some others, but not a behind-the-scenes feature... stay tuned!
SunConn
Regular Poster

Postby SunConn on Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:24 am

Ahoy, it's Jason here. Looks like the message board went on the Atkins Diet... really, I've entered this forum's control panel and removed most of the old messages, keeping those that have historical significance. Whenever the BB is stable enough to add new forums, the Seriously Suzy forum will come, but for now this is the place for all things Suzy!

SunConn
Regular Poster

Postby Warren on Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:07 am

2 more days.......
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Where's the comix?

Postby SunConn on Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:37 pm

It's Jason again, apologizing for the lack of comics lately. Schoolwork and an outside family business venture have kept me busy, so I didn't have time to work on new comics. To make up for the void of comics, I have posted a recently completed class assignment, in which we have to write a piece of satire. For fun I decide to put Suzy and her mother as the two main characters (the story doesn't follow canon, by the way, but it's a fun diversion.) I now present to you "Ultra-MegaMart Comes to Town" (hopefully the target of the satire isn't too obvious...)

Also (and I meant to put this in the news section of the front page), if you've sent e-mail to me recently, would you mind re-sending it? Lately my Hotmail's been drowning in Nigerian letters, loan scams, and smut, so an important message or two might've got erased with junk mail. I try my best to answer all e-mail about the comic, so if you haven't heard from me, that may be the reason why. If you would, please put a word in the subject line to get my attention, like [Seriously Suzy], [Suzy], [SunConn] or something I can quickly recognize. Thanks.

In other news, I've just bought Adobe Illustrator 9.0 for $24. I've used the program before in a couple of my computer graphics courses during my short-lived Advertising and Graphic Design phase, and already it's helped me in several business designs. Perhaps one day Seriously Suzy will be 100% digital...? (Regular inked) comics coming soon, maybe later this week. Suzy talks to Chauncey's family. Maybe she'll make a good impression on them.

SunConn
Regular Poster

Hold the flowers... I ain't dead

Postby SunConn on Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:52 pm

It's me again, back after a too-long hiatus. Seriously Suzy will continue, details to follow when I figure them out. I may do three comics a week, but I promise there'll be no black-and-white comics :D (see SunConn circa 2002.)

See you (hopefully) in September.
- Jason of Seriously Suzy (currently on hiatus)
SunConn
Regular Poster

Postby SunConn on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:02 pm

The storyline continues, with the Sept. 6 comic slightly late. I'll do my best to have new comics three times a week; wish me luck on that. I've also made some minor changes here and there on the webpages; now I've got to figure out how to accommodate those 1000-pixel wide ads that display every so often...
SunConn
Regular Poster

Postby SunConn on Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:33 pm

The comic for Friday, Sept. 10 is now up. Here, we see Lindsey graduating; long-time SunConn readers will note that in the 4th panel Stuart (Lindsey's dad, Suzy's uncle) is sitting in the crowd.

I've made it through the week, with three comics! :o Hopefully, within the next week, I'll get them done earlier (I was up until 1 AM on some of these comics.) Also of note, there have been 1,000+ visitors to the comic (with many of them reading the whole set of comics)!

Now, for next week, as I promised a looong time ago (January):

If the schedule stays put, be sure not to miss the new comics around May '04... trust me on this one!

Better late than never... :wink:
SunConn
Regular Poster

Postby SunConn on Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:27 pm

Hello again, this is Jason with a Seriously Suzy update. The comic for Wednesday, Sept. 22 will come later today. I have two tests on Thursday to get ready for, so I'll do the 9/22 comic quickly while taking a break from studying. All I can say is that the comic begins a new storyline
SunConn
Regular Poster

Postby SunConn on Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:54 pm

The comic for Sept. 22 is now up
SunConn
Regular Poster

Postby SunConn on Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:19 pm

This is Jason with another update. After completing two tests (a Spanish exam and another test with essay questions) and tutoring two students in math today (drawing lots of line graphs), my hand needs a rest... and so do my eyes, my brain, etc. :o

The comic for 9/24 will come later on Friday, perhaps not too late... later in the evening I'm scheduled to go to a music show 30+ miles away (Mt. Eerie/the Microphones and Woelv) so I can unwind... Before I leave I'll try my best to have the comic ready.
SunConn
Regular Poster

The 9/27 comic

Postby SunConn on Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:47 pm

This is Jason with another update. If all goes well, I'll have the 9/27 comic up sometime during Monday afternoon
SunConn
Regular Poster

Postby SunConn on Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:38 pm

Check it out
SunConn
Regular Poster

The 9/29 (or 9/30) comic

Postby SunConn on Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:41 pm

Hello, it's Jason again... I've done a great job catching up on Seriously Suzy since the hiatus that I've ran out of scripts (the scripts I've done in January 2004)! The next comic has been storyboarded (not pencilled or inked yet), but it might come late on Wednesday (9/29), or it may appear instead on Thursday (with no comic on Friday.) I prefer the latter, so I can start the next part of the storyline on a Monday, and I can make some more scripts for future comics.

Thanks for reading Seriously Suzy!
SunConn
Regular Poster

Postby SunConn on Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:10 pm

Hey y'all, I am working on the Sept. 30 comic right now... I had to work on designing a birthday card for a co-worker's relative... then I had to do laundry since I'll be busy most of this weekend...
SunConn
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Sundae Connection