The Ages of FANS

The Ages of FANS

Postby T Campbell on Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:00 am

Somebody asked me earlier what the ages of the FANS characters were. Here they are. (Remember that a little over a year of story time has passed since the first strip...)

Rikk -- 21
Alisin -- 19
Rumy -- 19
Katherine -- 27
Shanna -- 27
Will -- 21 (close to 22)
Guth -- 20
Stu -- 20
Tim -- 21
Jackie -- 18
Meighan -- 20
Tim the Fanboy -- 18
Harry -- 76
T Campbell
Regular Poster

Postby KingLeon on Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:34 pm

Wow... At 27, no wonder Kath's worried about being involved in the local club...
I have to wonder now... Kath had a relationship with someone six/five years before yours.
Hmm...
Alisin's younger than Rikk. Now that I didn't expect.
Stu's twenty? I thought he was a College freshman... I find it hard to believe he and Guth lived on the same campus in tandem without meeting and exploding...
Maybe a transfer?
Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose.
This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not Fate that butchers them or Destiny that feeds them to the dogs.
It's us. Only us.
KingLeon
Regular Poster

Postby Shatteredtower on Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:38 am

KingLeon wrote:Wow... At 27, no wonder Kath's worried about being involved in the local club...

I'm not sure I understand - is this about keeping up appearances?

Stu's twenty? I thought he was a College freshman... I find it hard to believe he and Guth lived on the same campus in tandem without meeting and exploding...
Maybe a transfer?

It's also possible that he took a few years off before starting college, maybe to earn a little extra money to cover the expense. Or it could be that he was held back for a few years in school for some reason, whether illness or educational difficulties.

He may even have dropped out of school for a few years, for any number of reasons.
Shatteredtower
Regular Poster

Postby KingLeon on Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:03 am

Well... er... Are there that many 27 year-olds in a College club of that type?
I would have thought it being mainly college students, but I've never been to one, to be fair, being only in high school...
Maybe it's different than I thought?
Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose.
This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not Fate that butchers them or Destiny that feeds them to the dogs.
It's us. Only us.
KingLeon
Regular Poster

Colleg Sci Fi Club Ages

Postby Nabiki_neumann on Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:28 am

Well Grad Students can be pretty much any age. At least 1 of our members (and he's still there tutoring and stuff so he's older now) is/was 27. I'm almost 27 now, and if I was still in town I'd still go, but as it is I can only make periodic appearances. We'd let anybody come in, even townies, but they had to 'buy' (all of a whopping $1) a card to be an actual 'voting' member (most of our voting was on what to watch or if we should play a game or rpg).
Nabiki_neumann
Regular Poster

Postby Wish on Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:50 pm

Wow.. I'm a bit more than three years older than Will? For some reason, I thought he was older. He seems to act it. T, you'll let us (read: me) know when Will's birthday is, won't you? Please? :)

-Wish
Thanks for the spells, Lucius..
Wish
Regular Poster

Return to FANS!