You ought to know what a new artist means... :-)

You ought to know what a new artist means... :-)

Postby Aris Katsaris on Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:01 am

That's right: It means a shameless plug!

I've added Andrew Revell's version of Rikk to my Online comics page at http://users.otenet.gr/~katsaris/comics.htm
With that I also took the opportunity a couple big new additions to that page - it's fast approaching the max size I would be comfortably having in a single page, so I'm guessing that before it grows too much more I'll either break it into several pages (temporary solution) or make a radical redesign and make it dynamic with Javascript and crossreferencing artists and characters and comics and stuff. :-)

All commentary is more than welcome. :-)
Aris Katsaris
Regular Poster

Re: You ought to know what a new artist means... :-)

Postby Ray Radlein on Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:52 pm

Aris Katsaris wrote:I've added Andrew Revell's version of Rikk to my Online comics page at http://users.otenet.gr/~katsaris/comics.htm
With that I also took the opportunity a couple big new additions to that page - it's fast approaching the max size I would be comfortably having in a single page, so I'm guessing that before it grows too much more I'll either break it into several pages (temporary solution) or make a radical redesign and make it dynamic with Javascript and crossreferencing artists and characters and comics and stuff. :-)

One thing that I think would be really nice would be links from each picture to the specific strip from which the picture was taken. I know I really wanted to find out when Chris Baldwin insewrted himself into Bruno, when Liz from Cool Cat Studio made all those guest appearances, and when Maritza made her own cameo in CRFH, among other things.

Also, Baughb the Elf made a guest appearance in Dave Kelly's now-completed Living in Greytown, FWIW.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Strom Thurmond Congress wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Ray Radlein
Regular Poster

Postby Ray Radlein on Mon Apr 22, 2002 12:56 pm

Aris Katsaris wrote:I've added Andrew Revell's version of Rikk to my Online comics page at http://users.otenet.gr/~katsaris/comics.htm

One thing that I think would be really nice would be links from each picture to the specific strip from which the picture was taken. I know I really wanted to find out when Chris Baldwin insewrted himself into Bruno, when Liz from Cool Cat Studio made all those guest appearances, and when Maritza made her own cameo in CRFH, among other things.

Also, Baughb the Elf made a guest appearance in Dave Kelly's now-completed Living in Greytown, FWIW.
Ray Radlein
Regular Poster

Postby Ray Radlein on Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:46 pm

Ray Radlein wrote:Also, Baughb the Elf made a guest appearance in Dave Kelly's now-completed Living in Greytown, FWIW.

The precise strip where Baughb first appears is http://livingingreytown.com/d/20010523.html, FWIW.
Ray Radlein
Regular Poster

Postby Aris Katsaris on Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:27 am

Ray Radlein wrote:
Aris Katsaris wrote:One thing that I think would be really nice would be links from each picture to the specific strip from which the picture was taken. I know I really wanted to find out when Chris Baldwin insewrted himself into Bruno, when Liz from Cool Cat Studio made all those guest appearances, and when Maritza made her own cameo in CRFH, among other things.

I've been asked to do this before (perhaps by you yourself?)... The reason I was hesitating was that such links would lead to all sorts of different places. Some of them would lead to daily strips, others would lead to fanart pages, or to some of Keenspot's "special events" or to Fright Night's mass of broken links. Some (like David Willis and Carsonfire's pics) would even lead to people's "livejournals". It'd be weird and inconsistent.

But now that you've repeated the request, I've finally decided that a reference to where the pics were taken from would be a good thing to have. I'll make a separate page where I'll say (and link to) where I took each pic from.

You'll have to be patient for a week or two, though - I'm trying to do many things at the same time. I promise you I'll do it though...

Thanks - I just went yesterday through the entire of Living in Greytown, and I'm going to add Kelly's Baughb tomorrow or the day after...
Aris Katsaris
Regular Poster

Keep Watching...

Postby T Campbell on Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:59 am

Keep watching this site, Aris... we should have something else that's appropriate for yours, in a little under five weeks.
T Campbell
Regular Poster

Return to FANS!