Alisin

Postby Lordjulius on Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:02 pm

I've just finished rereading the whole thing, from start to finish, over about three weeks, and I have to say I may have been unduly harsh on Alisin. I also think the person who said something about her not being there for Rikk when Clara was dying, and Rumy having to comfort him, was also unduly harsh. Check that scene where he's getting ready to go to the hospital and she's being unsympathetic again, and remember that just before that (weeks before to us, but just before that to her) she found out for the first time that Rumy was in love with Rikk. Also, she's feeling very bad -- much worse than she lets on. She tells him its PMS, but the next day (? -- or at least very shortly after -- maybe even later that same day) she's coughing up blood.

Alisin is dying. She's known she was going to die. But she thought she had four years, and besides, knowing it's coming doesn't make it easy. She's dying, too soon. Now.

That's why she's lashing out at Rumy, because Rumy sacrificed herself for Rikk -- and DIDN'T DIE! She's going to live, and Alisin . . .

She's mad, she's lashing out, she's frightened. She needs Rikk now, more than ever.

And by accepting this mission, he's doomed her. There's no time. And he's not even with her now, when she needs him most.
Lord Julius
Grandlord of Palnu

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Lordjulius
Regular Poster

Postby Sebastian on Sat Apr 20, 2002 7:03 am

Well, I made my opinion about Alisin,too and my opinion is this:

I don't think that Alisin really loves Rikk.
She needs him (because "he is the only man that think i'm worth something") and she care about her relation but she is just too much self centered to have some true love toward anyone (not that I blame her for this. If I'd only four years to live, i'd be self centered, too).

My point is that she seem never really care about Rikk, She never try to protect him like Rumy does (she is not martial artist, but she is hardly defenseless), she never seem to be worried for him (es. when Rikk got contaged by the tecnovirus, she don't even give a look at him and when the General was to shoot Rikk she don't even try to do something (ok, she couldn't move but a-she not even tried and
b- she could talk, so why didn't say something like "you, nazi-bitch don't touch him or I'll shove that gun up your..." or even a more simple "RIIIKK!!!" ), and she never said he "I love you" or something equivalent.(correct me, if i'm wrong)

furthermore i believe that Rikk-alisin marriage is fundamentally based on Alisin's disease (i don't think that Rikk had even asked Alisin to marry him if she was not dying, at least he'd have waited some more time i don't believe that it should last long if Alisin will get a cure (and probably this should be the best solution for everyone, Alisin cured, Rikk a little hearthbroken but free and Rumiko ready to confort him. (yeah, like something like this is going to happen)).

bye.
Sebastian

Alisin

Postby Sebastian on Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:23 pm

Quote:
----------------
She needs him (because "he is the only man that think i'm worth something")
-----------------
Ummm...isn't this what love really is, finding someone who thinks you're worth something, something more than just the average person?

yes, this is a part of love, but i don't think it's enough to be called Love.
And to need someone because you love him/her is good but to love someone because you need him/her is not so good, (and alisin case is more like the second IMHO)

I mean, for Elvis' sake...what else is there? Rikk treats Alisin like a person, not some goth clown or piece of tail. And she has shown affection; you mention the technovirus, well she later made a comment to the nature of something like "I don't want to see this body damaged" or something similar.

Yes, I'had forgot about that. Good point.
But still I don't think that her fellings for Rikk could be called love.

Remember, this is a girl royally screwed over by life. She has a fatal disease and is staring the void in the face. Not everyone reacts to that with noble dignity. Maybe she's just getting used to trusting someone again. Maybe the antagonism she feels towards Rumi is merely her own lack of self-worth manifesting itself towards someone she sees as a rival.

Let clear that.
I'm not saying that is her fault not to loving Rikk or that she is to blame for that or that she is faking to love him on purpose.
Don't believe that I dislike Alisin (even if i'm more than a little biased toward Rumy) I like her as comic haracter and as "person". I simply think that what she seem to feel for Rikk is not love but is more like... an addiction. She need him, maybe she is afraid to lost him but she has not enough .... "empaty"(sp?) to love him... yet. But this could change and in some moment seems like is already changing. But i don't think that this could change all the way until she is ill.
Sebastian

Alisin

Postby Sebastian on Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:24 pm

Quote:
----------------
-----------------
Ummm...isn't this what love really is, finding someone who thinks you're worth something, something more than just the average person?

And to need someone because you love him/her is good but to love someone because you need him/her is not so good, (and alisin case is more like the second case IMHO)

I mean, for Elvis' sake...what else is there? Rikk treats Alisin like a person, not some goth clown or piece of tail. And she has shown affection; you mention the technovirus, well she later made a comment to the nature of something like "I don't want to see this body damaged" or something similar.

Remember, this is a girl royally screwed over by life. She has a fatal disease and is staring the void in the face. Not everyone reacts to that with noble dignity. Maybe she's just getting used to trusting someone again. Maybe the antagonism she feels towards Rumi is merely her own lack of self-worth manifesting itself towards someone she sees as a rival.

Let clear that.
I'm not saying that is her fault not to loving Rikk or that she is to blame for that or that she is faking to love him on purpose.
Don't believe that I dislike Alisin (even if i'm more than a little biased toward Rumy) I like her as comic haracter and as "person". I simply think that what she seem to feel for Rikk is not love but is more like... an addiction. She need him, maybe she is afraid to lost him but she has not enough .... "empaty"(sp?) to love him... yet. But this could change and in some moment seems like is already changing. But i don't think that this could change all the way until she is ill.
Sebastian

Alisin

Postby Sebastian on Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:25 pm

Quote:
----------------
-----------------

And to need someone because you love him/her is good but to love someone because you need him/her is not so good, (and alisin case is more like the second IMHO)

Let clear that.
Sebastian

Alisin

Postby Sebastian on Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:25 pm

Quote:
----------------
-----------------

Let clear that.
Sebastian

Alisin

Postby Sebastian on Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:26 pm

Quote:
----------------
-----------------

Let clear that.
Sebastian

Alisin

Postby Sebastian on Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:28 pm

Quote:
----------------
-----------------

Let clear that.
Sebastian

Alisin

Postby Sebastian on Sun Apr 21, 2002 3:30 pm

Quote:
----------------
-----------------

Let clear that.
Sebastian

Re: Alisin

Postby Sebastian on Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:47 pm

[sorry for the mess. I had some problem with the new forum. and I seems to be unable to delete the messages or edit them blank]
Sebastian

Return to FANS!