Ruuuuuuuu!

KingLeon
Regular Poster

Post by KingLeon »

Well... I now have to wonder... I mean... we've always been pretty certain about how each person felt (sorta like Kath, knowing everything), knowing how each person was... BUT what did we know? I mean... That reaction? Was that really seeing your friend killed? Or... something more?

Alison sure thought it was something more.

And the Proffessor has slick black hair. Great. And the General smiles at the fact of him trying to make his own army. Of "historical heroes". Huh. Wonderful. I have a horrible feeling she'll say "Good, all according to plan next," if she hadn't looked so dang surprised in today's comic...

KingLeon
Regular Poster

Post by KingLeon »

Oh, heck no...

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I don't know what happened! It wasn't loading! Good god! I don't what happened!

Whew! Fixed that! Well... sort fixed it. There's still that incomplete post left over...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KingLeon on 2002-04-04 19:38 ]</font>

Shatteredtower
Regular Poster

Post by Shatteredtower »

On 2002-04-04 19:15, KingLeon wrote:

And the Professor has slick black hair. Great. And the General smiles at the fact of him trying to make his own army. Of "historical heroes". Huh. Wonderful. I have a horrible feeling she'll say "Good, all according to plan next," if she hadn't looked so dang surprised in today's comic...
It may be that she knows the result, but wasn't expecting the event, perhaps?

ZOMBIE USER 3167

Post by ZOMBIE USER 3167 »

Whether or not Alisin knew it was something more...look at her makeup. She's crying. Not sure what that means though.

~fallen~

Post by ~fallen~ »

On 2002-04-04 21:11, Lysscat wrote:
Whether or not Alisin knew it was something more...look at her makeup. She's crying. Not sure what that means though.
Maybe its just the rain? *shrugs*
~}Fallen{~

Doublespeak
Regular Poster

Post by Doublespeak »

Ru! Ru! Ru! Ruuuuuuuu your boat
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

Heh, I have a heart o' stone.

BD
Regular Poster

Post by BD »

On a lighter note, it would seem losing his perceptions and being paralyzed has the side effect of casuing Rick to talk like Scooby Doo. :wink:

Nullset
Regular Poster

Post by Nullset »

Okay. I'm surprised. All that about Dr Why, rather The Professor (as I'd suspected all along), wearing a _disguise_ is true! Hokey smoke!

So The General knows of The Professor. They're both time travelers, and the latter is "collecting historical figures to form and army". Sounds like "The War Games" to me. Betcha Macabee <sp?> was all over this one. :wink:

Anyway, the General's wrath was dodged, but not before Rumy (mayeb) bit it. Alisin is going to read more into Rikk's plaintive cry than the loss of and comrade and a good friend. Which won't make things easier. I'm still betting on meetings between alternate Skifies, especially Rumi.

What's not clear was who was taken. Did Harry make it? We're not even sure he survived the first attack. How about Stu?

But the lines are becoming more clearly defined. Whether or not the Skifies will agree with either side remains to be seen.
E(tmdg)M-BFF-A-W---FCtX+Kc--KtC++Ll++

Meganeguard
Regular Poster

Post by Meganeguard »

I do really feel sorry for Alisin. It is true that i do like Rumiko much better than her, but she sees that her "husband" is more worried about Rukiko than her. That is the reason i think that she is crying. Our Fans! comic sure has gotten dark hasn't it?

FlyingFish
Regular Poster

Post by FlyingFish »

I think Alisin's taking it a bit too personally (though with her suspicions about Rumy's intentions, she has an excuse to). I could see Rikk getting equally panicked over a seriously injured Will, Kath, hell, even Tim. (And <i>certainly</i> Alisin.) He's the leader and considers himself responsible for everyone, plus he recently went through his "everyone comes back alive!" moment, and now one of his best friends is dying in the mud. Naturally he's going to react like that.

Shatteredtower
Regular Poster

Post by Shatteredtower »

On 2002-04-04 23:07, Meganeguard wrote:
I do really feel sorry for Alisin. It is true that i do like Rumiko much better than her, but she sees that her "husband" is more worried about Rukiko than her.
Yeah, but to be fair, if it had been Will that had taken that kind of punishment, who'd be surprised that Rikk's thought wouldn't have been, "Oh, my lord, somebody look to my wife!" :wink:
That is the reason i think that she is crying. Our Fans! comic sure has gotten dark hasn't it?
It may be more along the lines of "How do I compete with a ghost?" To me, it's been looking like Alisin was worried about losing her husband to another woman's love (after she was gone). (That would assume Alisin thinks that Rumy is dead, of course. If not, then we're back to the, "I'm losing him to her," train of thought.)

There is a theory that a woman does not trust her lover's female friends, because there is always that wonder in the back of his mind, "What would it be like if...?" I don't believe in it, though I have seen cases of it (among women) and supporting it (among men). But it doesn't matter if it's true or not; what matters is whether or not Alisin believes that sort of thing.

J.
Regular Poster

Post by J. »

This strip reinforces the idea that Kath is extremely important to the General... note how the soldiers are all drawn up around where Kath lay, facing outward? As if to protect her... probably an automatic defensive position taken up on Rumy's sudden attack. Which means they've all been trained to protect Kath above any the others.

Love the General's face in the 4th panel. First time something has interrupted her plans in a while, I'd wager. Eat it, butch!

Czhorat
Regular Poster

Post by Czhorat »

I'll agree with those who think Alisin is taking it too personally. For goodness sakes, we spent the past day debating whether Rumy was dead or just very badly injured. Not only that, but she sustained these injuries trying to save Rikk. I think that complete hysteria is a completely reasonable reaction in this case.

Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Post by Bushipunk »

On 2002-04-05 05:38, Czhorat wrote:
I'll agree with those who think Alisin is taking it too personally. For goodness sakes, we spent the past day debating whether Rumy was dead or just very badly injured. Not only that, but she sustained these injuries trying to save Rikk. I think that complete hysteria is a completely reasonable reaction in this case.
Anyone but me think it's just possible Alisin isn't upset about Rikk's reaction, but about Rumy's demise? Although they've never exactly been close, given the fallout from the Beta Omicron Rush, I'd think that while still not friends they were finally starting to get used to each other. Sometimes the people you were only just getting to know are the ones who's loss can hit you the hardest.
Bushi

Aris Katsaris
Regular Poster

Post by Aris Katsaris »

Anyone but me think it's just possible Alisin isn't upset about Rikk's reaction, but about Rumy's demise?
I also think that's quite possible... Rumy is after all the one who managed to atleast *try* to defend Rikk... and Alisin was lately just badmouthing her...

Much mingled emotions in there, and I doubt even she'd know what she feeling exactly.

KingLeon
Regular Poster

Post by KingLeon »

We could take the side that she's distressed about her husband being hurt by seeing one of his friends hurt, maybe killed, but... I'm not sure that fits her.

Tuscahoma
Regular Poster

Post by Tuscahoma »

My two cents: I think Rikk, if asked later, would say that he was just concerned about a fallen teammate and good friend, but I have no doubt Alisin believes it's something more.

Much has been made about Rikk being oblivious to Rumy's crush. I think he's in denial; that he feels something more, but rationalizes it away. Everyone has blind spots; places where their mind won't let them see until Fate smacks them with an Anvil. I should know, I've got the bruises to prove it. Heh.

James Rayner 2

Post by James Rayner 2 »

The General Hurt Rumiko...

*ka-CHACK!*

Lock and Load Boys and Girls. It's time to go charicter hunting.

But seriously, That look on rum has me worried, and Makes me wanna print out a general face so I can tear it to peices with a shotgun.

Im worried about them all. and I gotta wait the whole effing weekend to find out what happens. DANGIT ALL!!

Shrimp the Wimp

Post by Shrimp the Wimp »

Alright. We still don't know what the extent of Rumy's injuries are. However, they were severe enough for Rikk to be shocked out of speach.

Alisin's makeup isn't running in the first panel, so I'd say that the point is made that she is crying, and it is not just the rain.

However, why would Alisin be so saddend by Rikk's concern if Rumi does appear to be dead? Wouldn't Rikk's horror not only be understandable, but also shared by Alisin?

As for the professor...Okay, so he's not Dr. Why. He's The Professor. So he's just The General's rival, which doesn't ensure that he's a good guy. Remember what The General said? Then again..she might not have been refering to The Professor; it doesn't seem like she expected him.

Lots of unknowns and interesting plot twists. We'll see next week, eh?
Shrimp the Wimp
"Only dead shrimp go with the flow."

Amorph
Regular Poster

Post by Amorph »

Granted that we know nothing about "The Professor." However, the General might have just revealed a blind spot: She assumes that the Professor is doing exactly the same thing she's doing, probably for the same reasons. She obviously knows him, but she might not be able to see outside of her (highly developed) military mindset; or, she attempts to understand things in military terms, and that translation distorts them. Or both.

If the Professor is not as much of an altruist as the Doctor (or the Fireman :smile:), the Fans might have become pawns in a power struggle, which will be a difficult position for them to get out of. Especially since both the people manipulating them seem to have a considerable amount of power at their disposal.
James<P>"Without death there would be very little progress." - Steve Jobs