New Crew

Postby Shatteredtower on Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:12 pm

On 2002-04-02 10:51, zippthorn wrote:
Did you start the club?

No. If it's not older than I am, it's almost as old.

But it wouldn't have survived if it had been created for the purpose of meeting people the creators liked. An organization like that doesn't survive long.

Once a club gets started, people who the starters might not hang out with normally join. Then you get to the second reason most people start clubs: to meet new people, most of whom should not be jerks, or they'll get kicked out of the club.

Again I disagree. In chess, we deal with jerks all the time. Most of the time, it doesn't require having someone drummed out of the organization, either.

The issue isn't whether your other members are jerks. The issue is whether or not you can work together.

Stu has not shown himself unable to work with Skiffy - most of them have shown themselves to be unwilling to work with him. That's their right, sure - but I don't believe it makes them right.

SteveB, you say it's apples and oranges, and you make a good point. I'm not sure I agree, but I'll see if I can't express why later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shatteredtower on 2002-04-02 16:14 ]</font>
Shatteredtower
Regular Poster

Postby Nabiki_neumann on Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:53 pm

On the other hand, she's the Art Show director for a fairly major con (Archon -- we just had our 25th Annual, and the last few have had about 2,000 people attending), and we're both on the Con Committee. So, is she a fan?

Steve Bolhafner

Archon? So you're from the MidWest? Okay Hi again, all I've had computer trouble and hate to get caught posting AND reading at work. . . This caught my eye though. I bought 2 pictures at Archon this lasst year. Do you know Muiream Dejarnet (SP?)

Okay enought personal rambling.

I think that all the Skiffies (except Alisin and Stu, and Megan) have motives for being in the club that are 'pure' by some definition. Alisin wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft. pole if not for Rikk. Stu's in it for whatever Stu is in anything for. . . So maybe I'll strike him from my list. And Megan has said herself that she wants a better resume to show.

OKay that's it I'll be more interesting later adios
Nabiki_neumann
Regular Poster

Postby SteveB on Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:12 am

On 2002-04-02 20:53, Nabiki_neumann wrote:
Archon? So you're from the MidWest? Okay Hi again, all I've had computer trouble and hate to get caught posting AND reading at work. . . This caught my eye though. I bought 2 pictures at Archon this lasst year. Do you know Muiream Dejarnet (SP?)

Name's not familiar to me. My wife may know, but then again there were nearly 100 artists at the show this year, some of them for the first time. She knows all the regulars.

I do children's programming, which is another way of saying I miss most of the Con, since I'm in with the kiddies doing something most of the time.

Steve Bolhafner
SteveB
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to FANS!