Urge...to kill..rising

Postby Meganeguard on Sat Mar 30, 2002 7:54 am

Gah, you've got me there I forgot about, somehow, all of the stuff Tim Mitts has said, but I guess I have fallen in the role of many of the club members I don't take what Tim Mitts says seriously, and it also seems to me that Stu would try to push somethings further than what Ol' Tim would
Meganeguard
Regular Poster

Postby Muttley on Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:36 am

What is it about Stu that makes him such a target for our ire?

For me, it's his selfishness. The only person he cares about is Stu; Stu first, everyone else nowhere. This separates him from the rest of the Club, who have all shown that they care about each other.

Stu's not dumb, and I think he knows what effect he's having on the group. Whether he has some long-term plan in mind,or whether he's just creating confusion and hoping to come out on top, I can't tell right now.

His self-centeredness means that I think he should leave the club, which is not in the business of social services. If he showed the slightest redeeming quality I might be less harsh, but there's really no excuse for him, or at least not one we've seen yet.

Regards,
Muttley
Muttley
Regular Poster

Postby Catz Bartlett on Sat Mar 30, 2002 1:12 pm

I personally loathe, detest, despise, and hate Stu.

However...he's shown, now and then, a glimmer of depth. He actually managed a coherent counter-argument against Stu, for one thing...and the switchblade, while maybe a bit TOO much, was pretty quick thinking.

My vote, ultimately, goes to let Stu stay, at least for now...no skills should be wasted, and my belief is that no-one's irredeemable...not even pond-scum like him.

Actually, I take that back...I don't want to insult pond-scum.
Catz Bartlett, CI
Order of the Knights of Jubal<P>"Hello, Sydney..." "Hey, Scream-guy, this's Clarice. Wrong movie, doofus."
Catz Bartlett
Regular Poster

Postby Vitriol on Sat Mar 30, 2002 2:14 pm

The reaction I'm interested in is Will's. Here's why:

Will's father was cleary a Man's Man; believing in the superiority of males, the fact that might is right, and so on. In short, much like Stu (though probably more tactful).

So I want to know how Will will react; he could see Stu as the embodiment of all he hates and fears, and try to have him expelled from the club as rapidly as possible, or he could try to convince the others to help educate Stu away from the Dark Side.

His move to stop Rikk from attempting to rearrange Stu's face into a more pleasing form may show that he wants to give the idiot a second chance. Or he may give Rikk a "don't give in to the Dark Side, or you will become as bad as he is" speech, and supprot the tossing-out of Stu.

Here's a thought; when Stu first joined, his only conception of Sci-fi/Fantasy was "barbarian books", and the club probably hasn't had the time to educate him properly, what with the various crisises.

So, unaware of the rest of the lexicon,he may only be aware of the worst kind of Sword and Sorcery books, who's heros tend to have opinions very close to those he brought forth. He may believe that, since they are also members of the club, the rest of the gang must also love these hack-and-slash fantasy books, and so admire the uber-mensch therein, and will agree with the statement he just made.

The fact that this is totally contradicted by their actions at all times may have mostly escaped his notice; things have been busy, and his IQ seems room-temperature at best.

Anyway, I'm still can't believe that he's actually trying to manipulate people through outrageous statements, but then my guesses haven't proved wonderfully accurate in the past. I say keep him; you need all the help you can get about now, and while intellectually I think it would be a bit of a cop-out for T to choose him as the one to die, I would certainly feel much less sorry for him that for any other member of the group.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vitriol on 2002-03-30 14:23 ]</font>
Vitriol
Regular Poster

Postby Roscoe on Sat Mar 30, 2002 7:09 pm

I can now see T rubbing his gnomish little hands in joy and saying, "oh! Controversy, precious! Controversy!"

...well, it would certainly brighten <i>my</i> day to have this level of controversy over something I did.

In all seriousness, though, I'm going to apply some Band Politics (for those of you in rock bands) to the situation. You've got a guy that shows a glimmer of hope, has skin like a rhino, and is otherwise insufferable, for one reason or another. Answer? Keep him around, and make fun of him, lightly and always. Something along the lines of, "Hey, Stu, if you aren't too busy drooling over Jackie, could you give me a hand with the projector?"
They will crack, eventually. Worked for a druggie drummer I know.

And, coincidentally, I've met a redhead Anglophile by name of Jackie (technically Jaque, but pronounced the same). Goes right along with my girlfriend who's basically Gwynn at a younger age.
<A HREF="http://go.to/onvideo" TARGET=_blank>O N Video</A>
If you have to get your privacy invaded, at least it's by three cute chicks.
Roscoe
Regular Poster

Postby KingLeon on Sat Mar 30, 2002 7:29 pm

On 2002-03-30 19:09, Roscoe wrote:
I can now see T rubbing his gnomish little hands in joy and saying, "oh! Controversy, precious! Controversy!"

Oddly, I always imagined T as seven feet tall and glowing with divine sweet goodness and carrying a harp or something like that... but suddenly the idea of him being an evil munchkin seems so right all of a sudden...
KingLeon
Regular Poster

Postby Grifter on Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:10 pm

On 2002-03-30 19:29, KingLeon wrote:
Oddly, I always imagined T as seven feet tall and glowing with divine sweet goodness and carrying a harp or something like that... but suddenly the idea of him being an evil munchkin seems so right all of a sudden...

I think you got it right. I always figured Maritza was more of the evil gnome type.
Grifter
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:38 pm

Hmm....I always saw T as he's portrayed here:http://www.faans.com/d/20000315.html
or here:http://www.faans.com/d/20001024.html

And maritza as a sort of, wicked cactus dryad or something. I think she'd make a decent boggart though.

I think Pete from Sluggy isn't an actual person but a chimerical comic artist that someone dreamed of and hence created. Whenever he takes a "week off" his dreamer is just waking up for awhile.

Ugh....enough mythology/Changeling RPG references for now....

[end Fans! code]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tom the Fanboy on 2002-03-31 15:45 ]</font>
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby LordNicodareus on Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:09 pm

I dunno, Tom. WHo would be the actual artist then. Maybe its all a big conspiracy by Shirt Guy Tom and the Illuminati. They are going to make the human race dependent upon Sluggy, and then take it away from us, thereby effectivly crippling the human race so they can take over...ok I need to quit reading that damn book so much...
A man said to the Universe: "I Exist!", To which the Universe replied: "But that does not create in Me a sense of Obligation."
Stephen Crane
LordNicodareus
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:48 pm

On 2002-03-31 16:09, LordNicodareus wrote:
I dunno, Tom. WHo would be the actual artist then. Maybe its all a big conspiracy by Shirt Guy Tom and the Illuminati. They are going to make the human race dependent upon Sluggy, and then take it away from us, thereby effectivly crippling the human race so they can take over...ok I need to quit reading that damn book so much...

But you see, Pete is the true artist, his art is real just as the comic is. Pete himself is merely illusionary, existing to write and draw the comic when his dreamer is in the deepest slumber. Now a days the dreamer can be more active since Pete has such an army of minions to keep things running while he's "out".
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Lowland Drifter on Sun Mar 31, 2002 6:06 pm

"Hmm....I always saw T as he's portrayed here:http://www.faans.com/d/20000315.html
or here:http://www.faans.com/d/20001024.html"

Sorry, Tom... I saw T.'s cameo in the first one, with the upside down nametag, but where is he in the second? Am I missing it?

LD
Lowland Drifter

Postby Meganeguard on Sun Mar 31, 2002 6:56 pm

is he supposed to be the guy walking away completely rejected?

i'm talking about the second toon by the way

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Meganeguard on 2002-03-31 18:57 ]</font>
Meganeguard
Regular Poster

Postby Amorph on Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:47 pm

Back on topic, I have to agree with Tim.

The Fans had the same argument when Alisin came on board, and again Tim noted that all the arguments offered against her made her better qualified for the club.

It's too easy to hate Stu, and that's the problem. This is a real test of the Fans' charter, and they're failing. You really find out what your principles are when you have to apply them to someone you despise. Hell, going by the strict definition, Stu's more of a fan than Alisin is - there isn't any evidence that she takes sci-fi or fantasy seriously, and we know she doesn't take roleplaying seriously. At least Stu reads something.

I'm interested to see what the General's next move is. The Fans are split now, sort of, but more importantly they just made a decision to kick out a member for being not just a misfit but a d
James<P>"Without death there would be very little progress." - Steve Jobs
Amorph
Regular Poster

Postby Pennyangelos on Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:48 pm

I think he's the guy chasing the kids . . .
Pennyangelos
Regular Poster

Postby J. on Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:08 pm

Just out of curiosity, has everyone seen the actual picture of T on the Skiffy webpage? He apparently goes disguised as a mere mortal! He could still be seven feet tall, though... the pic is just a head shot.

Boy, I hope he doesn't kill me for posting this. Now if we see him crossing the street or buying groceries we can ask him to autograph various body parts that otherwise should never be seen by the light of day.

Why are you looking at me like that?

PS - Greg is on there, too! Whee!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J. on 2002-03-31 21:09 ]</font>
J.
Regular Poster

Postby LordNicodareus on Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:11 pm

I would not!!
I would only have him autograph the scar near my bum...h3h h3h
A man said to the Universe: "I Exist!", To which the Universe replied: "But that does not create in Me a sense of Obligation."
Stephen Crane
LordNicodareus
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Apr 01, 2002 1:59 pm

Yes, T is the one crying and clutching his notepad. He told us this himself.

Hmmmm..... J's message got edited and no longer contains a link. I smell a conspiracy.
Tom the Fanboy

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby Maccabee on Mon Apr 01, 2002 2:28 pm

There is no conspiracy. Come with me to this dimly lit room and I'll explain in more detail...

Maccabee
Risus est telum ultimum contra tyrranidem. Nullus dictator exercitibus totiis ridiculem vulgi longe resistere potest.
Maccabee
Regular Poster

Postby T Campbell on Mon Apr 01, 2002 2:57 pm

Uh... no.

I'm the one chasing the kids, who have stolen my modem.

The one crying and clutching his notepad... well, that's ALL of us, isn't it?
T Campbell
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Mon Apr 01, 2002 3:24 pm

What?

.........I'll have to check my notes, I can't believe that I messed up on something like this, now I have to change EVERYTHING!

*runs off to his secret room*
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to FANS!