Gentlemen, we have another squinty eye look.

Postby KingLeon on Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:12 pm

And it's Shanna! I'm starting to wonder if the next evoulution of mankind will forever peer at things in concentration... Or maybe it's a new disease.
Anyway, interesting that even Shanna could break it's hunger.
Now we KNOW Rikk will get it.
But... why is the General preparing to... attack?
And here comes the Professor! Who KNOWS they'll make it in time (already gone through it once or twice before, I'll bet...).
KingLeon
Regular Poster

Postby Wish on Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:53 pm

The General looks almost permenately squinty. As does Harry. I think it's an after-effect of being in the military.

I'm sure she's been waiting all this time just to have everyone in the same place. Why pick them off individually when you can drop a bomb on the whole crew?

-Wish
Faster road on fun-fun!
Wish
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:52 pm

OK, apart from the multitude of comments I made in the chat room I have a couple of points I'd like more input on.

First of all, the 'spins as wish calls them. I'm in a dilemma whether it's four of them or just one phasing out in a teleport fashion. I also wonder if the General is talking in a "Ready, aim fire" way or a "Ready, set, go." way. Hey, perhaps she's going to take the imagination sucked from Judith and inject it into Brainio directly to make him harmless. That is of course if they sucked it out of her and didn't just wipe it away.

I'm still waiting for something to hurt Shanna's eyes. Could it be whatevr the General's going to do?

I'd also like to point out that my Dr. Why theory is once again backed up. The Professor is just so confidant.

Finally, a humoerous final thought.
How can Brainio hope to defeat Rikk when he has the power of TWO Brainios within him? :wink:
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby KingLeon on Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:38 am

On 2002-03-26 20:52, Tom the Fanboy wrote:
Finally, a humoerous final thought.
How can Brainio hope to defeat Rikk when he has the power of TWO Brainios within him? :wink:

I with you up to that point... That don't make no sense.
KingLeon
Regular Poster

Postby Rognik on Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:58 am

That's just the reflection in his eyes, not the window into his soul. You guys are all Shannas if you can't figure that out. :razz:

I'm confused as to what Shanna did when Brainio was focusing on her. Did she just focus on nothing? If not, what did she do?

As for the General, she told Kathy that she would hate the General before this was all over. Thus, I think Brainio will be stolen by the General, or the Fans will be attacked by the General somehow.
Rognik
Regular Poster

Postby Bushipunk on Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:11 am

I'm still waiting for something to hurt Shanna's eyes. Could it be whatevr the General's going to do?

I think the phrase "It Hurt My Eyes" is intended figuratively, and in that sense I think Shanna would apply it to most of the things she's seen during her time with the club. Her tolerance for the kind of <a href="http://www.faans.com/d/20000901.html>deadly silliness</a> that seems to pursue the club everywhere may be growing, but I think that at least outwardly it's still pretty low.

Bushi
Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Postby Bushipunk on Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:15 am

Boy, I sure screwed up my previous reply somehow... Can't even delete it now.

I think Shanna would say that virtually everything she's seen with the club has hurt her eyes, figuratively. Her tolerance for "deadly silliness" (http://www.faans.com/d/20000901.html) has been pretty low historically and even now that it's gone up, she seems to try to maintain that appearance outwardly.

Bushi
Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Postby T Campbell on Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:58 pm

I'm confused as to what Shanna did when Brainio was focusing on her. Did she just focus on nothing? If not, what did she do?

Denied its very existence.

She's practiced at that.
T Campbell
Regular Poster

Postby Silversmoke on Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:22 pm

Denied its very existence.

She's practiced at that.

She did not.... T you're so mean to shanna... :razz:
Ariana O'Day -- <A HREF="http://silversmoke.net" TARGET=_blank>Silver Smoke Artistry</a>
Silversmoke
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:15 pm

silversmoke said:
She did not.... T you're so mean to shanna...

Aw c'mon. It's not like she's Rumy!
Tom the Fanboy

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby T Campbell on Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:16 am

No, really, she did. An early draft had her admit as much. If you've spent half your life denying half your mind, you might as well try to use that to your advantage...
T Campbell
Regular Poster

Postby Aris Katsaris on Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:30 am

On 2002-03-28 03:16, T Campbell wrote:
No, really, she did. An early draft had her admit as much. If you've spent half your life denying half your mind, you might as well try to use that to your advantage...

Oh, it'd have been *nice* seeing that in the comic. Not sure if it's actually a healthy thing for Shanna to do - after all being in denial was one of her weaknesses. But I can see how it would have really confused the alien...

Either way, it'd be nice seeing *how* each member of the club tried to fight it off. We saw what Will (different personas), Rumy (complex concepts) and Tim (disgustfulness) did - and Rikk may have done nothing more than used sheer willpower... Shanna's method would have been nice to know also.
Aris Katsaris
Regular Poster

Postby Khavren on Fri Mar 29, 2002 6:40 am

Is it just me or is there a massive rash of squinty eyes going on this week? Are all of our characters going to have crows feet soon?
Khavren
Regular Poster

Postby Ray Radlein on Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:48 pm

On 2002-03-26 19:53, wish wrote:
I'm sure she's been waiting all this time just to have everyone in the same place. Why pick them off individually when you can drop a bomb on the whole crew?

Weren't they all together at the last Club Meeting?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Strom Thurmond Congress wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Ray Radlein
Regular Poster

Postby Tom the Fanboy on Sat Mar 30, 2002 1:41 pm

On 2002-03-29 23:48, Ray Radlein wrote:

Weren't they all together at the last Club Meeting?

Yes but it's much easier to target them with something now that they're outside in the open with nowhere to hide. They're also easy to find if you just look to see what the big brain is running from.

I'm happy that "Ready, set, go" was on target. It could still be "Ready, aim, fire" but I can still hope.
Tom the Fanboy

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Postby KingLeon on Sat Mar 30, 2002 6:57 pm

Here's something I just realized... the General and her lackeys never met Brain before!
Remember... 'bit strange we're waiting for another invasion, sirrah'(or something along those lines)?
So if this whole brain thing was never interrupted by the General before, why did the Proffessor come now (instead of chasing the fans everywhere in case they met the Brain)? Okay, so he saw the book... but how would he know when the General would attack unless it was written there?
In which case, the book must describe when the General attacks... in which case, not only is the General doing what the book orders, but following it even though she never waited until after Brain invaded before!

Did that make any coherent sense, or have I gone insane upon trying to find out WHO are the Watchmen of this comic I keep hearing about?
KingLeon
Regular Poster

Return to FANS!