WARNING! WARNING!

Quinch
Regular Poster

Post by Quinch »

{looks at the panel in alarm}

The cluesness ratings.... they're shooting off the scale!

It's gonna bloooww!!!

:grin:
I'll sing you one, O
Green grow the rushes, O
Where is your one O?
One is One, and all alone,
And ever more it shall be so.

Khavren
Regular Poster

Post by Khavren »

We need to have the new found insightfullness of Tim the Fanboy to defuse this situation before Alison turns the corner, come looking for her man!

Drooling Fan Girl
Regular Poster

Post by Drooling Fan Girl »

Oh man poor Rumy, she tried to do the nobel thing, and he hugs her!

*gets out a fan to cool the poor dear down.*

Take Care
DFG

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

On 2002-02-28 06:07, Drooling Fan Girl wrote:

*gets out a fan to cool the poor dear down.*
Heeeeere I am!

But seriously, I felt so sorry for Rumy today. I sooooo understsand that right there.
I'm not much for pining someone who's taken ( I aim for at least theoretical targets) but I have done it a couple times. This is one of the worst things that I think T has ever done to Rumy.

You better watch it T, either some "Blue thunder" out there is going to make you pay for your crimes against poor Rumy; or you're going to get locked up in a loony bin for to keep you from hurting yourself.

I wasn't the only one who caught the frame about "characters in your head" with Rikk and Rumy was I?

Oh, and what are the shadowy bars behind Rikk and Rumy for?
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman

ZOMBIE USER 3167

Post by ZOMBIE USER 3167 »

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Rikk's eyes in the first panel are really scary?

Catz Bartlett
Regular Poster

Post by Catz Bartlett »

I agree with Lyss...to me, it looks like Rikk is getting a bit of a messianic complex there. Self-confidence is one thing...but too much of a good thing *can* be BAD mojo.

And, to bring in the splinter-storyline of a few weeks ago...perhaps an alternate-universe RIKK could be the 'General'? That 'her' makes it unlikely...but it *could* be. I could see an unbalanced Rikk deciding to destroy all the timelines that didn't fit his view of the 'good' reality. Maybe he would even pose as Alisin if he was unhinged by her death...similar to Nuriko in Fushigi Yuugi, but in a more sinister way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Catz Bartlett on 2002-02-28 15:26 ]</font>

T Campbell
Regular Poster

Post by T Campbell »

The shadowy bars are about as close as FANS gets to pure abstraction: they're a reflection of feeling, not Rikk and Rumy suddenly being teleported into a zoo.

Er, I mean, http://www.scphoto.com/Notes/Day_4/tsld004.htm .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T Campbell on 2002-02-28 11:54 ]</font>

MatteoDL
Regular Poster

Post by MatteoDL »

On 2002-02-28 09:10, Lysscat wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else think Rikk's eyes in the first panel are really scary?
They suspiciously lool like...

http://faans.com/d/20011221.html

By the way, what shadowy bars are you talking about? I can't see any bar in today's (Febraury 28) comic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MatteoDL on 2002-02-28 13:04 ]</font>

Amorph
Regular Poster

Post by Amorph »

Presumably the fuzzy diagonal lines in the last panel.

Poor Rumy.

Last time she got a hug, Rikk noticed Alisin for the first time.

This time, she gets a hug after agreeing to doom her odds of ever winning his love. And Rikk's completely oblivious to it all.

KingLeon
Regular Poster

Post by KingLeon »

Yeah, but Alison's is looking hatred and possible sudden realization that Rumy had feelings for Rikk.

Rikk... is looking off into space. The future. Peering and concentrating his sight on the future.

MatteoDL
Regular Poster

Post by MatteoDL »

On 2002-02-28 13:41, Amorph wrote:
Presumably the fuzzy diagonal lines in the last panel.
Oh, those. I first saw the page on a LCD screen. The background appeared white. Now that I look at the strip on a CRT, I can see the light gray lines.

Manticoraus
Regular Poster

Post by Manticoraus »

I know Rikk's naive....but I strongly think this is the wrong con-. . .conclusion to take.

Hospice. filling someone with life and love even when they are dying is more important than just keeping them alive.

I think that's what the Fans missed here. And I don't blame the miracle for it just faulty human thinking.

Rikk I think should start facing this thing head on because it seems to be a shadow over their relationship. Asilin....In my opinion isn't facing it head on. She's taken the sitcom solution of hahahaha I got no tomorrow to I live for today. I would like to think her attraction to Rikk was more novelty with a bit of a spin of destiny thrown in. Not because folks didn't value her as herself.

That would be saying she regrets her decisions and she doesn't strike me as the type.

The warning alert for me flashed when he said, he could save her and death could be cheated....

You should never lose hope or joy. Just...just be ready to say goodbye. But I guess I haven't lost anyone I know that well to say.

Doublespeak
Regular Poster

Post by Doublespeak »

On 2002-02-28 11:53, T Campbell wrote:
The shadowy bars are about as close as FANS gets to pure abstraction: they're a reflection of feeling, not Rikk and Rumy suddenly being teleported into a zoo.

Er, I mean, http://www.scphoto.com/Notes/Day_4/tsld004.htm .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T Campbell on 2002-02-28 11:54 ]</font>
Whew, I found myself losing faith at the begining of this post, but you came back at the end. I am sorry for doubting you. I see now that you were just testing me. You are a wiley god.

But enough blasphemous html humor:

Anyone else get the "Six Million Dollar Man" vibes from today's page?

"Rumy, we can rebuild her. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic goth. Alison will be that goth. Better than she was before. Better ... hornier ... freakier."

daderdaderdader

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Doublespeak on 2002-02-28 15:37 ]</font>

Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Post by Bushipunk »

On 2002-02-28 15:29, manticoraus wrote:
Rikk I think should start facing this thing head on because it seems to be a shadow over their relationship. Asilin....
[SNIP]
The warning alert for me flashed when he said, he could save her and death could be cheated....

You should never lose hope or joy. Just...just be ready to say goodbye. But I guess I haven't lost anyone I know that well to say.
http://faans.com/d/20010901.html

Rikk seemed to at least think about it that once... But it's really not in his character, is it? He's always been the all-or-nothing type, and he also has a history (as pointed out more than once) of improbable, not to say impossible, successes.

My take on this situation is that Clara's illness will help Rikk come to terms with the idea that he can help Alisin, but that doesn't mean saving her life per say.

(Gratuitous reference: "I came here to save you!" "You already have...")

I am, as stated previously, a confirmed Rikk/Alisin 'shipper, for various reasons. I don't really want Alisin to die, but if she does I'm rooting for Rikk to deal with it better than he seems likely to now.

On the other hand, with Agent Jones in the neighborhood, running into members of the club and ranting about deities, now seems like the ideal time to pony up that extract if it really exists. In exchange for something, of course, I expect nothing from Agent Jones to come without its price...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bushipunk on 2002-02-28 21:13 ]</font>

Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

On 2002-02-28 15:36, Doublespeak wrote:
Whew, I found myself losing faith at the begining of this post, but you came back at the end. I am sorry for doubting you. I see now that you were just testing me. You are a wiley god.
I had the same thought.

Anyone else get the "Six Million Dollar Man" vibes from today's page?

"Rumy, we can rebuild her. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic goth. Alison will be that goth. Better than she was before. Better ... hornier ... freakier."

daderdaderdader

............ :eek:
Gah!
That's just......just.............. :eek:
I mean, you can do a lot towards that with 6 million dollars!
A LOT!
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman