Before I make myself look really stupid in the Exploitation

Postby Shiro on Wed Jan 24, 2001 10:04 am

Okay...
I use the name Shiro all over the Internet. It's kind of like an online nickname. I picked it because I saw a couple of anime/manga characters named Shiro (and the creater of Ghost in the Shell is named Masamune Shirow) and I thought it sounded cool. <P>So today I was reading this interview with the guy who draws Exploitation Now, and he mentioned that he has something called a "Shiro complex" in reference to comics. The interview is posted here -->http://idiom.waferbaby.com/?s=interview&i=exploitationnow
in case you want to read it.<P>I typed "Shiro complex" in a search engine and didn't find anything. My only other idea is to put a post in the Exploitation Now forum or send Poe an e-mail asking what it is, but I'd rather ask you guys before I make a complete @$$ of myself. Does anyone know what a Shiro Complex is?<P>Heh, it's probably something really embarrassing. Like "wanna-be lesbian" or something.
Shiro
Regular Poster

Postby Shiro on Thu Jan 25, 2001 3:38 am

Thought of that. Typed "Shirow Complex" into said search engine, didn't get anything of interest.
Shiro
Regular Poster

Postby Gwalla on Thu Jan 25, 2001 12:47 pm

I think he meant Shirow. As for what he means <I>by</I> it, no idea.<P>------------------
"Truth hides on the other side of a two-way mirror
In countless documents sent straight to the shredder
That might finally give us the whole of the picture
But until the day we decide to dig a little deeper
We know that truth will hide
Under fallen rocks and stones
At the end of a disconnected phone
Down an unmarked street
And buried, deep beneath your feet."
- Asian Dub Foundation, "Truth Hides" from <I>Community Music</I>
Gwalla
Regular Poster

Postby Shiro on Wed Jan 31, 2001 9:27 am

Update: I e-mailed Michael Poe a couple of days ago and he wrote me back with an explanation. Yes, it's spelled "Shirow complex." And it's a reference to Masamune Shirow's refusal to be photographed or give out any personal information in interviews.<P>That doesn't really apply to me. How much stuff do you guys know about me that you kind of wish you didn't?
Shiro
Regular Poster

Postby Gwalla on Thu Feb 01, 2001 1:45 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shiro:
<B>And it's a reference to Masamune Shirow's refusal to be photographed or give out any personal information in interviews.<P>That doesn't really apply to me.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It doesn't really apply to Poe either, since he recently posted a photo of himself being attacked by an agave plant.
<P>------------------
"Truth hides on the other side of a two-way mirror
In countless documents sent straight to the shredder
That might finally give us the whole of the picture
But until the day we decide to dig a little deeper
We know that truth will hide
Under fallen rocks and stones
At the end of a disconnected phone
Down an unmarked street
And buried, deep beneath your feet."
- Asian Dub Foundation, "Truth Hides" from <I>Community Music</I>
Gwalla