Red

Postby Remi on Tue Jan 02, 2001 10:12 am

There are a couple of ways around this. One is to color in the red with a brush set on 'darken' and the other is to reduce your color pallette so it's mostly just black and red. 5.5 has the palette reduction built in (instead of having to go to ImageReady), and so a 16 or 32 color palette should do you fine. The first way will probably give you better black lines. <P>(by the way, there's a computer graphics magazine that has a demo of Maya on it, I believe it was out this month, although I can't remember it's name. Perhaps this can at least relieve some of the pressure to immediately deliver Maya now that you have been given a harem of girly-boys?)<P><P>------------------
Remi
<A HREF="http://www.too-fat.com" TARGET=_blank>Too Fat to be a Rockstar</A>
Remi
Regular Poster

Postby Shiro on Tue Jan 02, 2001 10:38 am

I'm hand-drawing all my comics, coloring in the red parts with a marker I stole from Emily, and then scanning them. The program I'm using is Photoshop 5.5, which is weird about processing plain black in a color document. The question is: When there are red spots in a page, does it make the dialogue hard to read? I checked the site the other day and noticed that Photoshop's "black" lines are really multicolored whenever I scan in color. If enough people are having problems, I'd be willing to color in the red parts on the computer, the same way I do with black areas, and see if that makes a difference.
Shiro
Regular Poster

Postby Shiro on Tue Jan 02, 2001 11:07 am

I am using a 16 and 32 color palette.
Also, Emily, who's my little sister, already has the Maya demo, as well as a plan to get a copy of the real thing dirt cheap. The company is offering this student discount in which if her high school signs some official documents, she can get a copy of Maya for only a couple hundred bucks. (FYI: Maya's usual price is $7000.)
Shiro
Regular Poster

Postby Shiro on Sun Jan 14, 2001 1:11 am

Okay, I just uploaded a bunch of comics and colored in the red parts in Photoshop. It still isn't perfect, but the lettering is a lot more readable than it used to be. My writing's also gotten larger since I started, which helps a little too.<P>Since I have a phobia about missing days and letting everybody down, I work far ahead of schedule, so you won't be seeing the new red style until February 12 or so.<P>And February 13 is the date of my 100th page.<p>[This message has been edited by Shiro (edited 01-14-2001).]
Shiro
Regular Poster

Return to Ancient Messages