Gorgisimo~

Gorgisimo~

Postby Maou- on Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:54 pm

Monday's comic is really amazing, Frere Thorp! The rose panel is fantastic in every way. I remember being distressed at the thought of once a week comics, but the beautiful color and longer lengths keep me happy, that's for sure. I'm always curious whether more people should know about Riboflavin, or rather, how many....all it takes is a recommendation (referal) by a comic like MegaTokyo to get a flood of visitors, but that seems like it might flood the place and cost lots of money, so ironcially I keep Rib secret except from friends. Hmmm....but anyhow, compliments to the artist, as always.

On an unrelated note: the "Maou" (without a dash on the end) account has a password I forgot and mails it to an address that broke, so now there's that Maou- replacement. How dumb, a reminder of incompetence on my part. ^__^

Maou
Last edited by Maou- on Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maou-

Some general chatter.

Postby James Thorpe on Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:41 pm

Thanks, ole fella! Feel free to spread the word if you so wish; Keenspace kindly foot the bandwidth bill for its comics, and we Keenspacers apparently make hardly a dent in their total bandwidth used anyhow, so any plugging you give couldn't hurt : D

At any rate, the stats have been great lately, pageviews generally hovering between 700 and the early 1000-s. Back in the day, I only would have gotten this in the cooling stages just after the crazy one-off 6000-pageview days which happened when Exploitation Now linked me. Kerrazy! But I'd still be pleased to see what effect your support might have, Maou : D

If I didn't have these goddamn work-for-the-dole duties two days a week, I could probably actually get back to Monday/Friday updating. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to continue doing WFTD until I go back to college next year, and that'll take up plenty of time, so I guess things will have to stay once-a-week.

There's a paaaale takeoff of BiKeeni/Lace 2001 going on at the moment, viewable in thread form here; looks pretty weak, but I've wanted to draw a wintry pinup for one of these events for a while, so I've done a picture of Claire for them. I'm typing this from my WFTD workplace, so I'll upload the Claire pic when I get home...

(edit: the 'disable smilies' box doesn't work on these damn forums! Fuck that...)

edit again: Image
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby Concubine on Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:46 pm

I agree, I thought that this comic was great! I'm so glad Raile has someone who likes him.. though of course he doesn't realize it. ^_^
"Yeah, I guess I COULD care less, but I don't want to put the effort into it." -Me
Concubine
Regular Poster

Postby FAULT on Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:05 am

Squeeee!! :o

And you're back at college! Woot, if it's UQ I might actually be able to meet up with you... if I"M there next year. Am gonna try for full time job, but heh, I'm not counting on anything. I have 2 subjects left to finish my degree :D yay!

Wos this new degree of yours about?

PS: I like the half-naked-chick art you've got going there.
FAULT
Regular Poster

Postby James Thorpe on Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:33 am

Hmm, can't recall my preferences now, heh... I don't thiiink I have anything at UQ. My second or third choice is at Griffith, the -Logan- campus... *grimace*

Aaanyway, what I'm aiming for is the diploma of graphic design, it's a TAFE thing w/ the college of art, or something like that. Portfolio's due in mid-November. I'm all set if I can get it all printed out and I do the 'observational sketches' in time. I'm putting those off a lot, 'cos it's inconvenient. Drawing people is an annoying business.
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby FAULT on Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:39 am

I command you to don your black trenchcoat and sit at bus-stops sketching people!! If they get on a bus.. follow them. It is thy duty to get these observational sketches done, and by golly you shall!!

:o
FAULT
Regular Poster

Postby James Thorpe on Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:24 am

Jeez, it's a bit hot for the trenchcoat lately...
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby FAULT on Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:25 pm

Yes... But aren't you SUPPOSED to suffer for your art?

:o
FAULT
Regular Poster

Postby James Thorpe on Wed Oct 23, 2002 6:37 pm

Well, I don't think it's compulsory...
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby FAULT on Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:31 pm

... wait a sec... You OWN a black trenchcoat? :o :o
FAULT
Regular Poster

Postby James Thorpe on Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:34 pm

Yeah, I just bought one this year, it's great.
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby FAULT on Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:38 pm

SQUEEE!! I got a BBC this year too. I'm gonna need it when I go overseas at Christmas. I hear the temperate zones can get a little chilly. :o
FAULT
Regular Poster

Postby James Thorpe on Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:40 pm

Oo, where ya goin'?
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Return to Riboflavin