So quiet ...

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4630 on Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:44 pm

It's so quiet in here... I'm goin to tell a joke.

Suppose the Prime Minister had been killed in the September 11
attack on the Pentagon. Would we have named an airliner after him
the way we named a swimming pool after Harold Holt?
ZOMBIE USER 4630
Zombie (undead)

Postby FAULT on Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:43 pm

So the forum's quit screwing around- I mean up. That's good.

Time for the road to say NI to you. I know a place where it does.
FAULT
Regular Poster

Postby James Thorpe on Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:13 am

OMG, we have two dead main characters! What could happen? Could RF go into pre-series flashbacks for a week and a half? Yes.

Anyway, I remember that for a while after the news broke, no-one could reach John Howard, and there was a distinct thrilled air amongst young Australians, who finally had a hope in hell of being rid of Howard, even if he would've been replaced by Costello...
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby FAULT on Thu Mar 21, 2002 6:42 pm

Blarg. you SO did not kill either of them. But you're going to do the whole 'wait of interminable inconsistency' to leave us overly much time to fabricate what really happened. I think the Golem will just poof them back to life and be done with it.
Blarg. Blarg blarg blarg... that is so much fun to say. Blarg!!
FAULT
Regular Poster

Postby James Thorpe on Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:04 am

Oh, it's never that easy, haha...
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby MrBusiness on Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:33 pm

Chances are Pietta will have to win a Raile doll in the millenial fair, then talk to the old man at the end of time, get a chrono egg, go to death peak, and then travel back to the point where Chr... Raile dies then replace him with the doll before La... the explosion kills him.

Yes, I am a SNES loving loser. Oh admit it, you loved Chrono Trigger too.
MrBusiness

Postby Concubine on Sat Mar 30, 2002 12:47 pm

Heehee, I agree with everyone, the coloring, art, and everything of teh flashbacks are really cool. ^_^

Oh, James, here's a random question for ye: Are you going to go to Otakon this year? (Anime convention in Baltimore, if you didn't know) I'm going, and it'd be cool to meet you in person, maybe get an autograph or a doodle. :D
"Yeah, I guess I COULD care less, but I don't want to put the effort into it." -Me
Concubine
Regular Poster

Postby James Thorpe on Sat Mar 30, 2002 4:52 pm

Well, that'd be nice Concubine, except, as we all know, I'm in Australia, and it's veeeeeery expensive to cross the globe.
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4630 on Sat Mar 30, 2002 6:16 pm

On 2002-03-30 16:52, James Thorpe wrote:
Well, that'd be nice Concubine, except, as we all know, I'm in Australia, and it's veeeeeery expensive to cross the globe.

Ah! James, as an artist, you might be able to get one of those grants like the ones bands get to tour. Go on, give it a burl.

Going to Baltimore is strange though. I've been there for a SANS conference. I left the terrace house in Sydney, sat in airplanes for 19 hours, and arrived in a 200 year old city on a flooded river valley with a redeveloped waterfront, a huge aquarium, a maritime museum with a destroyer and submarine moored outside, and stayed in a terrace house (called a row house in Baltimore).

So the next time I went to a SANS conference I walked to Darling Harbour. It was much easier. :wink:
ZOMBIE USER 4630
Zombie (undead)

Postby James Thorpe on Sun Mar 31, 2002 8:25 am

Yeah, but grants have to be paid back, *whimper*

I've always sort of liked Baltimore, it's kind of a forgotten city. If I had to set a comic on the American mainland, I'd set it in Baltimore...
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby Concubine on Sun Mar 31, 2002 10:55 am

;_; But.. not even.. for me? James, I thought you loved me!! Looovvveeedd meeeeeeee!!!! >_<

Um, and also, I'd give you $5. :D
"Yeah, I guess I COULD care less, but I don't want to put the effort into it." -Me
Concubine
Regular Poster

Postby James Thorpe on Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:11 pm

Heh... if only, huh Concubine?

DAAAAH well. Maybe if I could somehow move to your country, then I could. But y'know, immigration. Tisk.
OH I SAY
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby FAULT on Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:15 pm

Laff about the Chrono trigger bit.

Also. There is no way you'd be happy living in America James. It is SO not you.

I'd like to go on a grand tour of the Cons in America though, you just can't get the same kind of thing happening here, not in Brisbane.
FAULT
Regular Poster

Postby Concubine on Mon Apr 01, 2002 8:49 pm

Noo! In America, everyone is happy!! *big smile*

I would make you so happpyyyyyy!!!
Concubine
Regular Poster

Postby James Thorpe on Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:40 am

I dunno Fault, it's hard to get less 'me' than Brisbane... except maybe out west.
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby Rabidazell on Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:51 am

On 2002-04-02 03:40, James Thorpe wrote:
I dunno Fault, it's hard to get less 'me' than Brisbane... except maybe out west.

Swap ya. Brisbane for Adelaide. I reckon there's some folks in Hobart that would trade places with you as well.
Rabidazell
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 4630 on Tue Apr 02, 2002 6:43 pm

On 2002-04-02 03:40, James Thorpe wrote:
... it's hard to get less 'me' than Brisbane ...

Aw. I found Brisbane's Paddington quite congenial when I stayed there for a month with my aunt Bev and cousin Cassie. That was ... some time ago ... now.
ZOMBIE USER 4630
Zombie (undead)

Postby James Thorpe on Tue Apr 02, 2002 11:59 pm

Oh yeah, Paddington and the Valley are comparatively okay... (Fortitude Valley's where all the great Brisbane bands do the rounds) Or at least, I often -hear- Paddington's okay, I don't think I've been over there. But on the whole it's a nasty, brutish, Top-40-listening city full of fucking philistines, it really is. I'm sure the rest of the outside world is approximately as bad, but heey, at least there might be a coupla single girls left in the outside world. I need more cash so I can skip the southern hemisphere...

Aaah fucking Jesus, now my wisdom teeth are playing up. This is stupid. More painkillers...

<A HREF="http://riboflavin.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>http://riboflavin.keenspace.com</A> -- It's ugly and annoying. Just like you.<P>"You see, it may be true that artists adopt a flamboyant appearance, but it's also true that people who look funny g

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: James Thorpe on 2002-04-03 00:02 ]</font>
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Postby FAULT on Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:15 pm

There are few places in the world deemed worthy by your mental palate, James. I have a similar problem, which is why I live in a fantasy world, but you don't seem one for the wimps way out.
'Anycase, Auchenflower's fun to live in, I just moved there a few days ago. Walking to Park Rd for an affagato was my first uber-yuppie experience. :wink: Now all I gots ta do is get a high-paying IT job and I'll be a DINK as well. Oh, the humanity. (NB semi-sarcastic, slightly insane tint to the previous statements. (which bit are sarcastic is for me to know.))
Oh how I've been needing a rant. Study is grinding in on me.
FAULT
Regular Poster

Postby James Thorpe on Wed Apr 10, 2002 8:04 am

Oh, hey Fault, you're in next Monday's RF.

Hmm... Auchenflower...
James Thorpe
Regular Poster

Return to Riboflavin