ZGGT... You rule!

Postby Zaphod on Sat Aug 04, 2001 1:13 am

Any comic that can create an extremely believable main character and then proceed to lead him through scenarios ranging from trying to get his best friend to stop masturbating in front of his computer to the current dilemma of trying to avoid losing his virginity to a 10 year old girl is well, fuckin' amazing. <P>The Thin H Line (to pick a comic at random) can't even compare to this because it doesn't even feel real. None of the characters act in even a quasi-realistic fashion so you wind up comparing THL to THL instead of comparing it to real life. And even THL, like most other comics that I've seen, won't touch certain subjects -- like 10 year olds giving blowjobs... I mean DAMN!<P>To answer your "Originality" post, I think that what makes your comic special is it's (relatively) firm foundation in reality. Once one abandons that in favor of trying to come up with greater and greater surreal/perverted scenarios the comic quickly becomes dull.<P>...IMNSHO, of course.<P>Keep up the good work.
Zaphod

Postby ZGGT on Sat Aug 04, 2001 3:12 am

Hey, thanks... though I'm probably going to be throwing the whole "reality" thing out the window over the next few weeks, with some cyberspace settings and a crazy AI.<P>Oh, and it's good to know that my comic's being read by the Former President of the Galaxy.<P>ZGGT
ZGGT
Regular Poster

Return to Corruption of Ted, The