You comic in... Series!

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

You comic in... Series!

Postby Tentoumushi on Tue May 06, 2008 6:29 am

Ok not sure if this is the best place to put this but mods will deal with it accordingly.

I will be having international guest staying with me over the summer (from Japan and Denmark) so there will be times where I may not have an update that day and what have you. To prepare for this, I'd like to stage a small cross over event with other comic artists.

The idea I had was a sort of art trade, in which we exchange a one page comic strip (it can be in any style, manga, 4 panel, single panel etc) in which we place each other's characters in a fantastical setting. For example

Say your comic is called "Mice" and its about the daily life of a mouse family.

I will make a single strip called " Mice in...SPACE!" and you get a nifty fan comic (which would involve me reading your comic too ;) ) of your characters in a wacky situation. In return I ask that you return the gesture. The fun part is you can do anything you want with my characters (within reason: no gore, vore, scat, rape, and other nastiness!)Note that you don't have to restrict yourselves to one page if you feel inspired, but know that with my schedule, I really can't commit to doing more than one page in return. I'll make a little list to make sure no two people do "Mushian...at the zoo" or something. ^^.

The general titles can be:

Comic...in Space!
Comic...at the Zoo
Comic...as the Jetsons

My comic link is in my signature (as I don't want people to feel this is a plug, just click below)

Thanks in advance everyone, I'll do my best to make really nice cross over pieces for you all :)

The List of Comic Crossovers

No ones!
Ever felt like a little bug in a big world? Yeah so do we ;)
Tentoumushi
Regular Poster

Re: You comic in... Series!

Postby Redtech on Tue May 06, 2008 12:15 pm

Hey, could be most amusing. At least it'll encourage me to update more often!

EDIT: Woo, sezzy arthropod ladies! :shucks:
Sometimes the failed experiments are the ones that don't try to kill you
Redtech
Regular Poster

Postby Tentoumushi on Tue May 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Heehee that's what I was thinking! And yaay you have mice in your siggy *clicks*
Tentoumushi
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Wed May 07, 2008 2:30 am

Tentoumushi wrote:Heehee that's what I was thinking! And yaay you have mice in your siggy *clicks*

mice and insect love... I knews you were good people.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Tentoumushi on Wed May 07, 2008 5:03 am

Phact0rri wrote:
Tentoumushi wrote:Heehee that's what I was thinking! And yaay you have mice in your siggy *clicks*

Heehee well SOMEONE has to love them *snuggles the mice and bugs* And not just the "pretty" bugs either. I'd hug wasps too but I don't think they'd be too happy with me.
Tentoumushi
Regular Poster

Postby Redtech on Wed May 07, 2008 5:18 am

I'm sure Ben's supposed to be a Panda... not that it matters either way as I don't really bother too much with species differences, they're generic "furry things" at the end of the day.

Oh yeah, Tento, you might as well start reading from http://meiosis.comicgenesis.com/d/20071001.html as the art doesn't suck as much and the story's a tad better.

BTW, what is the deadline for this thing?
Sometimes the failed experiments are the ones that don't try to kill you
Redtech
Regular Poster

Postby Phact0rri on Wed May 07, 2008 9:33 am

Tentoumushi wrote:
Phact0rri wrote:

Heehee well SOMEONE has to love them *snuggles the mice and bugs* And not just the "pretty" bugs either. I'd hug wasps too but I don't think they'd be too happy with me.

well I <3 rodents most of all. But I've always loved insects, I actually rescued a cochroach from being murdered at work the other day... but not to distract from the crossover.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Tentoumushi on Wed May 07, 2008 5:56 pm

Yeah a deadline would be a VERY good thing xD. I'm going to say June 1st. That way I have time to get responses done before my guests get here. And thanks for the link I'll start reading from there ^_^.
Tentoumushi
Regular Poster

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers