Halloween Cameo Caper 2006

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

Halloween Cameo Caper 2006

Postby Hogan on Fri May 12, 2006 12:42 pm

Attention all artists!

Halloween will be upon you in no time, and what are your characters doing? Sitting home on the couch drinking or crusing the deep space all alone? At most you can get them to dress up as characters from other comics and hang around, doing very little?

Well, why don't you journey through time, space and desert to Shelterville? At Halloween 2006 we will set up what we hope will be one heck of a western-themed Halloween party with characters from many different comics participating, having fun with each other

In the end the entire occasion will be shown for posterity in the participants own comics, one site though will show them all!

Interested? Go check out the official Halloween Cameo Caper 2006 site !

This message is courtesy of the Shelterville Tourist Department

--------------

- Hogan 8-)
When webcomics clash: The Webcomic Crossover & Cameo Archive!
Here it comes... the CameoComic
Hogan
Regular Poster

Postby Warofwinds on Sat May 13, 2006 9:05 pm

Oh no, bars...the last time my main character was in a bar he jumped up on a table and starting singing about how well dresses fit him...and he wasn't even drunk. Granted, he was trying to pretend he WAS drunk, so that turned out pretty good for him. Will check this out more later...like in August, hehehe
-Kez
ImageImageImage
Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero

Postby Linkara on Sun May 14, 2006 1:15 am

This is very tempting to join. ^_~ I wouldn't mind having other superhero webcomics join in, too, to have us all dress up as one of the others.

*Shudders, however, at the thought of Lightbringer wearing Dasien's outfit*

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Hogan on Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:14 am

Hogan
Regular Poster

Swap Links With Fright Night 8?

Postby Comixpedia on Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:51 pm

I just posted info on how to sign up for this year's Fright Night event - I'd love to exchange links with this Halloween crossover?

Send me an email at xerexes AT comixpedia DOT com
Comixpedia

Postby Hogan on Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:01 am

Hmm.... spiffy, spooky and interesting project... link now added to it from the site of The Halloween Cameo Caper 2006!
Hogan
Regular Poster

Thanks!

Postby Comixpedia on Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:19 pm

I posted a link on Fright Night itself. I'll be sure to put a note up about it on Halloween itself.

Also anyone is welcome to plug your project anytime at Comixpedia (comixpedia.co) which is a news and discussion site for webcomics. Registering is free and anyone can post right away.
Comixpedia

Re: Halloween Cameo Caper 2006

Postby Alschroeder on Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:31 am

Hogan wrote:Attention all artists!

Well, why don't you journey through time, space and desert to Shelterville? At Halloween 2006 we will set up what we hope will be one heck of a western-themed Halloween party with characters from many different comics participating, having fun with each other

In the end the entire occasion will be shown for posterity in the participants own comics, one site though will show them all!

Interested? Go check out the official Halloween Cameo Caper 2006 site !

This message is courtesy of the Shelterville Tourist Department

--------------

- Hogan 8-)

Hey, question.

I wasn't sure where I'd be with my current series...but it so happens I ended my current arc TODAY...and was going to take a week off with filler and stuff next week, and then start my next major arc...

And I have an idea how to shoehorn MM in, and have her fleetingly meet Death (from Life and Death), that Dragon from Magical Misfits, and Fox--even a horse she can ride in on that will actually FIT into her continuity---a one-page tie-in....

Is it too late to do it? It'll be a one-page thing to post Monday, a sort of, "Who was that masked woman" thing. I don't want to do it if it'll mess the rest of you up...

Let me know.---Al
http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com--MINDMISTRESS
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroeder/flickerflame/series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby Hogan on Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:57 pm

As far as I know (since there's actually a couple of other cartoonists
who've joined the Caper after "deadline"), nobody would mind if you joined in with a one-strip tie-in at Monday! 8-)

The original concept for the Caper, doing a one-strip cameo strip at
Halloween has long since been abandoned as the participants started out with week-long converging plotlines, taking off in several different directions, but all taking place in Shelterville (I especially like Toshubi's Murder Mystery in Shelterville), so you joining in would hardly mess up something... as a matter of facts, I think most will be thrilled by the prospect! :-)

The drawback to joining in late is that most people have already made their strips for the Caper, hence its hard to say if MM will appear in any of the other comics, but if you make a thread in the Halloween 2006 forum (at http://forum.crossovers.dragoneers.com), stating comic, intent and link to MM and cast-page, there's always the possibility :-) I'll then get around and add you to the Caper's list of participants asap!

Hope to see you around at Halloween! :-)
Hogan
Regular Poster

Postby Alschroeder on Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:42 pm

Not a problem. That's what I get for doing it at the last second. And since MM can cast illusions---she can become suitably dressed for a Halloween Western party in a second.---Al
---Think the superhero genre is mined out? Think all the superhero ideas have been done?
Think again.
Also check out http://www.webcomicsnation.com/alschroeder/flickerflame/series.php--Flickerflame</a>
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby Alschroeder on Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:30 am

Think again.
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Postby Hogan on Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:20 pm

Looking good Al! :D

And already she has been welcomed to the Caper and Shelterville in Hey Fox! :wink:
Hogan
Regular Poster

My submission to this event is up

Postby Dragonkingdoms on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:55 pm

There should be more later, I'm just getting started!

EDIT: In the last panel, William ends up in Shelterville along with the others. My, the second page is going to be fun!
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

Postby Alschroeder on Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:46 pm

Hogan wrote:Looking good Al! :D

And already she has been welcomed to the Caper and Shelterville in Hey Fox! :wink:

YEah, I noticed that---good stuff!---Al
Think again.
Alschroeder
Regular Poster

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers