TEO: The 28th Annual Pan-Cosmic Battle Of the Bands

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

Postby Ian Jay on Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:58 pm

JTigerclaw wrote:I like your idea, Escushion. :)

I could throw in a character, but it would have to be as a sort of fill-in or a band of all-stars or something, because the rest of the guys in my band would be pissed off if one of them went to a battle of the bands on a strange asteroid without them.

a sample of what the members of the band look like can be found here as well as the next page. (The drummer is probably most available to fill in. Also, the guitarist doesn't always wear a Jesus costume. Just that once :P ) :

What? Why not take your whole band? This isn't a CG collaboration; each comic artist submits their own individual page and their own individual band. (There are people outside of CG who are doing this as well.)

~IJ
The greatest action/adventure sci-fi fantasy drama western alt-history political-thriller suspense musical existential comedy webcomic ever written. Like, ever.
Ian Jay
Regular Poster

Postby JTigerclaw on Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:22 pm

Ian Jay wrote:What? Why not take your whole band? This isn't a CG collaboration; each comic artist submits their own individual page and their own individual band. (There are people outside of CG who are doing this as well.)

Well, yeah I am going to do a comic with my whole band. I was saying if a couple of other people wanted to make a band with characters from different comics, I could contribute a character (and thus make a comic for my band and the collaboration band, and possibly a resulting storyline). But if you don't really want collaborations between comics, then that makes it alot easier on me. One full page comic is hard enough :)

The collaboration sounds more like it would make a cool art jam here at the CG forum though.
Awesome avatar done by Nervous Spy
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Hmm... sounds interesting enough.

Postby Dragonkingdoms on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:03 am

Sounds like a nice way to expand my horizons, it might be a little different from what I normally do. I'm just wondering if there'll be enough room for everyone. I don't want to leave anyone behind- they'd get upset!

Anyway, this would only be the second time ever that I've tried something like this, the other time being for a "Drawing of the Month" feature I did back in May 1998.

I'm in, but when do you need the page ready?
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster

Postby Ian Jay on Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:46 am

The Sixteenth of February.

~IJ
The greatest action/adventure sci-fi fantasy drama western alt-history political-thriller suspense musical existential comedy webcomic ever written. Like, ever.
Ian Jay
Regular Poster

Postby Escushion on Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:16 pm

Crap, deadline's approaching. I'd better get this finished this weekend.
A man with nothing to offer and nothing to lose.
Escushion
Cartoon Hero

Postby JTigerclaw on Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:49 pm

I'm probably going to have to do this the night before.

Damn the schoolwork.
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ian Jay on Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:39 pm

Valentine's Day gift:

THE PCBOTB SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE 19TH.

...THAT'S SUNDAY, MORONS.

That's all. Good luck!

~IJ
Ian Jay
Regular Poster

Postby JTigerclaw on Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:17 pm

Yay, Happy Day!

*remembers the schoolwork*

Awww...
JTigerclaw
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers