GLBT Dropdown

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

Postby Pillywiggin on Wed May 24, 2006 5:32 pm

Pickle Girl and Skewed Reality added.
Image Image Image
Pillywiggin
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Re: GLBT Dropdown

Postby LauraSeabrook on Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:46 pm

Pillywiggin wrote:To qualify for this dropdown you must:

Have an otherly oriented or gender bending artist/author OR currently have an otherly oriented or gender bending central character.

Hmmm, here's the thing - I'm trans, but the comic I have is an "anthology" one, where I have different stories (with different characters) running at different times. The current strip isn't particular queer related, though I do interrupt it with queer related announcements from time to time. However, after teh current storyline finishes, I intend to start my "Tales of the Galli", which is about transgendered priestesses in ancient Rome.

My other comics site Queer Stuff (which you might not be able to access just right now as the server's down) is totally Queer oriented.

Should I submit just the latter, even though it seldom gets updated much (generally it reprints paper comics)? Or should I submit both?
--
Laura S
Web Comics
LauraSeabrook

Postby Mylifeinblue on Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:46 pm

Author Name : Zan Gullo
Comic Name : My Life in Blue
URL : http://mylifeinblue.comicgenesis.com
Comic Rating : WEB14
A brief description of why your comic qualifies.
The first chapter of my comic centered around the relationships of a gay teen to his high school friends, including a bisexual boyfrind and transgender classmate.
The second chapter centers around a transgender character, and peripheral characters include bisexual rock stars and a gay flatmates, both male and female.
I was on this dropdown ages ago, and since the update have been taken off.. so I'd like to be re-added!

Mylifeinblue

Postby Nerdgasm on Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:34 am

Author Name: Ada Brewton
Comic Name: Nerdgasm!
URL: http://nerdgasm.comicgenesis.com/
Comic Rating: MA
A brief description of why your comic qualifies.
Well, I'd say that at least half of the characters are homosexual, bisexual, or "otherly oriented"... the comic is not specifically about GLBT issues/humor, but it does come up fairly often.
Nerdgasm

Postby LauraSeabrook on Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:39 pm

So, considering that I never got a reply, either by e-mail or via this thread, is it safe to say that this is defunct?
--
Laura S
Web Comics
LauraSeabrook

Postby Nerdgasm on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:23 am

LauraSeabrook wrote:So, considering that I never got a reply, either by e-mail or via this thread, is it safe to say that this is defunct?

I think you're right, since this thread hasn't been updated since '06... matter of fact, according to the dropdown moderator's profile, she hasn't even posted since '06 :/

I'm thinking of creating a new GLBT dropdown, since this one seems to be dead. ("Queerspace", maybe? :D )
Thoughts?
Nerdgasm

Postby Spike tailer on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:58 am

nergasm, I think u should, this one seems rather dead...
We remind you that the message above is 100% NOT ironic
Spike tailer
Regular Poster

Postby Nerdgasm on Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:04 pm

Nerdgasm

Previous

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers