Comic tutorial dropdown

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.

Comic tutorial dropdown

Postby Joel Fagin on Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:26 pm

It was suggested I put this here as well, so, hey, what the hell.

The original post can be found here.

*copy*

*paste*

I've set up a dropdown for tutorials. Not tutorial websites, mind, but the actual tutorials. I'd like to facilitate browsing for surfers more than I want mutual plugging and reader-sharing for the writers. It's negotiable, though. I just prefer it like this. Makes more sense to me.

McDuffies said he wanted to be in it and I assume he still does so I've slapped his tutorials in to bulk it up. He also had a nice spread of topics so it shows how the dropdown's organised well.

Anyone else is, naturally, quite welcome. Frankly, I'd like the lot of ya. Comprehensive is good.

Comic Tutorial Dropdown

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Postby Sword Chan on Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:18 pm

:o ooo...this is a very good idea--convenience in a dropdown! :D :D :D
Sword Chan
Regular Poster

Postby Prettydragoon on Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:04 am

A splendid idea!

I don't expect I'll ever be able to contribute, being both blonde and naturally clueless, but as a tutorial-reading type, I want to thank you Joel for coming up with this.
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!
Prettydragoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phact0rri on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:33 am

looks good joel, I'll even add it to the dropdown directory next update. btw if ya want I did a "how to create a dropdown" tutorial. http://decypher.keenspace.com/keendrop/scripts.htm if want it.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Sword Chan on Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:53 am

Hey phactorri, can you possibly post tutorials of the other dropdowns, like the storyline and the random list dropdown? Those would help out too ^_~
Sword Chan
Regular Poster

Postby Joel Fagin on Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:34 pm

phactorri wrote:btw if ya want I did a "how to create a dropdown" tutorial. http://decypher.keenspace.com/keendrop/scripts.htm if want it.

You know, I'm not sure. I'd rather make it Keenspace independant (avoiding "Keenspace only" tutorials) but I'm now thinking that I can put them in their own category.

Still processing...

prettydragoon wrote:I want to thank you Joel for coming up with this.

Glad you approve!

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Postby Phact0rri on Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:47 am

Sword Chan wrote:Hey phactorri, can you possibly post tutorials of the other dropdowns, like the storyline and the random list dropdown? Those would help out too ^_~

well the random image dropdown I may at a later date.. but I'd like to ask permission from any other dropdowns from the creators as they might not want to have thier script, reused.

as to the storyline tutorial, well Phanlax has that covered , so I won't be doing things other people have done. and in terms of the dropdowns for the directory, its source material is only keenspace comic dropdown groups, so the storyline doesn't really count.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;
Phact0rri

Postby Joel Fagin on Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:08 pm

Added yours, Phact'.

- Joel Fagin
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)

Return to Dropdowns and Crossovers