Page 1 of 1

Gay Dropdown

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:23 pm
by Aropeofsand
Since the death of GaySpace, has anyone tried coming up with anything to organize comics with a gay interest?

I'm always trying to find new gay artists/writers on Keenspace who would like to band together in some way, perhaps making some new kind of community would be feasible?

If anyone is interested, maybe we could start something beyond just dropdowns. Self-promote each other or do guest strips or something.

EDIT: In addition to this, if no one wants to go necromancer on the zombie gayspace comic, would it be possible for me to do this? I do not know what is involved with this. I am what people call a "newbie."

Ned Hugar
http://dysonscreek.keenspace.com/

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:54 am
by Kodiak
I haven't seen anything solid coming up in the way of communities. Most of the journals (livejournal, deadjournal, greatest...) have inactive comms where once was a sniff or two of a homo comic discussion. I think most of the queer powerhouses are clicked off in their own little subdomains and links pages.

As for taking over the Gayspace bit...I figure you should have a word with Scott Maddix for that. Maybe he'll let cha, maybe he'll kill ya for asking. I don't know, never met the man. But I suppose everyone's capable of everything given the right mood and a lo-fi drum beat.

Rebirth

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:25 am
by Aropeofsand
Thank you. I talked to Scott Maddix. He suggested I make a new, better GaySpace dropdown.

Believe me, I SHALL. Right now I am excercising my ability with the dropdown technology, but I'm gonna get it soon.

I read your comic Kodiak, I have to say that it is quality. I enjoy the gratuitous use of guns.

If I would start a new gayspace-style dropdown (preferably with a new, horrible pun of a title), is anyone interested in joining right off the bat?
As soon as it is running a little better with a link to at least my own comic, I am going to email the gayspace comics who look like they're still up and kicking, but getting some support now would be awesome.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:27 pm
by Parkerjames
please please please start up a new gay space for webcomics. i've been hoping that someone would take the wheel and lead away on this, but i haven't seen it done and just haven't had enough time to do so myself.

i will be glad to help out in any way possible, i'm glad to serve. just let me know if there's anything i can do to help out. i have a small group of faithful follwers and have tried to form a family with some other gay comics. it would be nice if we can make a bigger better community.

thanks for taking some initive.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:36 pm
by Phact0rri
yey! I think it'd be great to have a new gayspace... or simular dropdown! Let me know when ya get it going and I'll throw ya on the dropdown directory. Or if ya need any help just let me know.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:31 am
by Kodiak
You've got my support. Anything you need...Emails. Links. Guidos. Just let me know.

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:10 am
by Aropeofsand
Alright yeah. This is something I'm working on, just having troubles making the code work. This is my own fault I will make it work I swear.

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:41 am
by Phact0rri
if its disappearing on ya.. remember to upload it directly to public_html.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:13 pm
by Deathbringer
I dont think i was ever removed from the old gayspace dropdown, despite removing it from my page ages ago, yayz, i'm getting links for free XD. too many links though, everytime i think some new site has linked to me because they specifically like my site, its just that sodding dropdown!

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:22 am
by Arumo
You should also hit up the yaoi and shounen-ai comic strips on keenspace. There are a surprising few, you can also look at the top shounen-ai webcomics website. http://www.topsitelists.com/street/Eilo ... sites.html
Keep up the work. :D

Re: Rebirth

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:33 am
by HarukaKou
aropeofsand wrote:Thank you. I talked to Scott Maddix. He suggested I make a new, better GaySpace dropdown.

Believe me, I SHALL. Right now I am excercising my ability with the dropdown technology, but I'm gonna get it soon.

I read your comic Kodiak, I have to say that it is quality. I enjoy the gratuitous use of guns.

If I would start a new gayspace-style dropdown (preferably with a new, horrible pun of a title), is anyone interested in joining right off the bat?
As soon as it is running a little better with a link to at least my own comic, I am going to email the gayspace comics who look like they're still up and kicking, but getting some support now would be awesome.
I would definately be interested! I am planning on having a very gay/lesbian/trans oriented comic, though I wasn't sure exactly how to go about listing it and stuff. ^^; I'm still waiting for my password to arrive, though I have everything(strip-wise) ready to go for the next month or so.

Community = <3

^__^

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:32 pm
by DarkArtist
I am also willing to help out (And join in) if needed.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:51 pm
by Phact0rri
I don't know whats going on with this at the moment... any updates?

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:59 am
by DarkArtist
Hmmm. Looks like this topic has been slow for awhile now that i look at post dates.


I wonder if there is still an interest in this? If there is.. I would bite the bullet and start the drop down myself.

:o

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:49 am
by Phact0rri
I can set up the script if any one wants to moderate it. just give me the shout out and I'll pass the script along.

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:09 pm
by TrajediJill
I'm interested, restarting my comics in April. Let me know if you need any help with design or excution or what not (Obviously not spelling though).

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:04 pm
by Parkerjames
phactorri wrote:I can set up the script if any one wants to moderate it. just give me the shout out and I'll pass the script along.
i guess if no one else has yet to do anything i'll go ahead and do it. if you tell me what to do i'll moderate it and whatever. i just don't know what's involved in a drop down. but yeah, i'll do it.
:)

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:27 am
by Faub
I split off the new dropdown from the wondering posts so Piggywiggin could modify the first post. Please look for the GLBT Dropdown thread.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:31 pm
by Aropeofsand
yeah, I was working on this but I was having some problems with not understanding coding at all (despite some quality tutorials.) Then I had a computer crash and lots of other problems. I'd still be interested in picking up the project but it would be a while (meaning someone else should do it if they want to.)

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:23 pm
by Pillywiggin
A GLBT dropdown has been started. You can join the dropdown here:

viewtopic.php?t=63792