Keenspace Haunted House Idea

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Post by Ti-Phil »

Hum... perhaps I could try to be in this thing? If so I call dibs on the bathroom! Fwe he he... Kefka's ghost would have a blast making the people wait in line to use it... and no I would not use toilet humor.
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Post by JexKerome »

The bathroom's taken, but we already decided "doubled" rooms are okay, so by all means go ahead, Ti- Phil.

And I just got word from McDuffies. As soon as we sort out who's going to be making the actual site, he'll lend the Spacejams password to that person so he can put it there.

I'll have my logo idea up in different versions by tuesday at the latest.

And I choose the cellar.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

BOMC
Cartoon Hero

Post by BOMC »

what rooms have not been chosen yet?
-Grace (BOMC)

Luprand
Cartoon Hero

Post by Luprand »

So far, theloserhero has taken the ballroom, I called the conservatory, and at least two people, a moderator, and a stray dog want the bathroom.

Anything else is fair game, I guess.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

BOMC
Cartoon Hero

Post by BOMC »

is there a breakfast nook? if so, may i call that?
-Grace (BOMC)

EmergencyExit
Regular Poster

Post by EmergencyExit »

Is the attic taken? If not I'll call that.

[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Post by [geoduck] »

I'll try and come up with something for the library.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.

Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Post by Ti-Phil »

Hmm, well if the bathroom's taken then I'll take the living room closet then! I hope people have fur coat to put in it so that scorpio can eat them bwa ha
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

TheLoserHero
Regular Poster
Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Post by TheLoserHero »

Possible rooms:

1. Drawing room
2. Dining room
3. Reception hall
4. Master bedroom
5. Guest bedrooms
6. Wine Cellar
7. Catacombs (!)
8. Secret Mad Scientist-esque torture chamber/laboratory

Feel free to add more! Just tossin' out some suggestions.

BOMC
Cartoon Hero

Post by BOMC »

OK, so no breakfast nook apparently... can i call the mad scientist's lab then?
-Grace (BOMC)

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

JexKerome wrote:The bathroom's taken, but we already decided "doubled" rooms are okay, so by all means go ahead, Ti- Phil.

And I just got word from McDuffies. As soon as we sort out who's going to be making the actual site, he'll lend the Spacejams password to that person so he can put it there.
Also: do you want to use keenspace's updating system for setting up pages and all (In which case I'll asign you a year you can use) or you just want a folder and do it all manualy like Yarpsdat with Carebears invasion?

First one is definitely easier. Downsides are, you're stuck with pages design that I made and your first and last comic are linked with "Previous" and "next" button to the rest of spacejam which actually can be considered a bug, but I usually let such harmless bugs skip.

TheLoserHero
Regular Poster
Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Post by TheLoserHero »

BOMC wrote:OK, so no breakfast nook apparently... can i call the mad scientist's lab then?
There can totally be a breakfast nook! I just thought rich people who usually lived in mansions had breakfast in bed... or had it in a veranda or a conservatory or something weird.

Luprand
Cartoon Hero

Post by Luprand »

A verandah is a nice place for breakfast in the warm months, sure ...

A conservatory, on the other hand, was sort of the mini-concert hall. Not much of a place for eats.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

Coyotzin
Regular Poster

Post by Coyotzin »

On hosting:

I think it's logistically easier for everyone to have their room in their own site, with their own design, linking to a central master page and possibly to one another, like the Highwayman event was done last year (was it last year?)

If people are taking dibs on specific rooms, I stake my claim for the family chapel :)

TheLoserHero
Regular Poster

Post by TheLoserHero »

Dare we use image maps in this endeavor?

For instance, I could have a clickable door in my picture that could lead into a central hallway where the ghost guide could point to several destinations... each linking to someone's site.

p.s. I don't know how to use image maps. ^_^

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Post by JexKerome »

Me neither. I think we should just add the door (or something as simple as a sign saying "click here to go to the next room/main map" and make the whole image the link button. And then make it very clear on the page that you click on the image to move forward. Simpler.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jim North »

I've got the dining room, naturally. :D
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Post by JexKerome »

I tought you had the game parlor.

Anyway. Four designs, though I feel something's missing:

Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jim North »

JexKerome wrote:I tought you had the game parlor.
Game parlors are for billiards, foosball, and darts.

If you're not RPGaming at the dinner table, you're not really doing it right. ;)
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

BOMC
Cartoon Hero

Post by BOMC »

I like the keenspace horror picture show best, especially the font.

anyways, so yeah, so there *can* be a breakfast nook? I call that then.

It's gonna be the scariest nook ever! :D
-Grace (BOMC)