Keenspace Haunted House Idea

For sign-ups for genre-related dropdowns and to discuss and organise crossover events.
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Phact0rri »

looks fine to me.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Coyotzin
Regular Poster

Post by Coyotzin »

None whatsoever :)

[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero

Post by [geoduck] »

Yes, except for one last change. Rhellik had a good idea, and so I added more glow to the various lights, and gave the pumpkin a little shading. I think we're good to go:

"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Post by JexKerome »

Right-o.

So...

What next?
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

Rhellik
Regular Poster

Post by Rhellik »

nice :)

Ok so what about the size? should we have a sorta guideline? like something from 400x400 to 500x600 ?(or whatever I'm not that good with sizes yet ^^;)

Also whats the deadline and who do we send the pic?

TheLoserHero
Regular Poster
Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Post by TheLoserHero »

And do we post our picture on the index page or some side "gallery" type page complete with the Keenspooks banner?

::blink:: I gotta do ballroom research.

Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé

Post by Ti-Phil »

Will someone be the server for keenspook like for the keen summer event? Anyway I already have the main sketch for this done, all I need to do is ink, then colour it and I'll be ready to send it bwa ha!
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Post by JexKerome »

We have to options, to make it centralized or not.

If we go centralized, we need to determine one of us to be in charge of putting it all up together, then McDuffies will give us access to the Spacejams site.

Here's how I think it should go:

The drawings are all stored in the main site, in Spacejams.

In our site, we clamor and yell and pretty much rant qabout the event, and give a link to our own drawing. Once there, the reader can look at the other works, and from there link to their owner's site. This is how it was done in the summer event, and Grace, being the host, got all them hits.

The downsize to this is that someone has to do all that extra work. Grace did it (and did it good, I migh add), because she was in her summer break; we might not have that optio nright now.

So, decentralized.

Everyone hosts and shows his picture in their site. We agree on an order for the submissions, and create a link ring.
Basically, picture A link to Picture B, which links to picture C and so on and so forth, until picture Z links back to picture A.

This way a person checking out the house hits all our sites, which is good on all of us. that's the good part.

The hard (and therefore bad) part is coming up with the order of the rooms (a house is not linear), and then having everyone turn up the required HTML page at pretty much the same time. In order words, more work for everyone involved.

So choose wisely.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.

TheLoserHero
Regular Poster
Location: Contrary to popular belief, the correct pronunciation of Jersey is "Joisey".

Post by TheLoserHero »

Oooooh... me have a plan! A PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! OMG LOLZ Wait, wait, seriously, lemme get it up.

</funny, that's what he said to her last night. OH SNAP>

Ymmot
Regular Poster

Post by Ymmot »

heey...count me in...I'd love to do something for halloween...yeah so if there is still some time then sign me up and stuff!

-ymmot

Ymmot
Regular Poster

Post by Ymmot »

I've got the right idea going here yeah?[/img]

Phact0rri

Post by Phact0rri »

hrrms... was thinking this would just be like a gallery, you submit them, they put them on the keenspooks image map linking to the pinup.

didn't really thing we'd have to worry about order...

set a deadline, like october, 30th or somthing for the entries. and on halloween we can all be like" this is my entry check out the others" or something.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Post by JexKerome »

So Phactorri goes for the centralized option. Good. That's two.

Phact0rri

Post by Phact0rri »

well offically I think we do both...

what I mean is that we send them in, but also keep them in yer sites extras for your readers. i'm actually planning on putting mine on the front page of my site for halloween, or at least do the cast in another picture with thier "frankenstein costumes on" but it will surely be in my sites extras pinup gallery.

but centeralized... that is send them in and load them onto the site, is the best and really the only option.

cause remember keenspace doesn't like off-site links. there are ways to get around it, and we are keeping the bandwidth within, keenspace's servers for the most part. but I'd say to keep with the policy of keenspace intact, that we do centralized and as far as I'm concerned to prohibit broken images and to keep with the rules we are suppposed to adhere to within keenspace proper.

NOW! ummm were seriously starting to run out of time to get everything up and going. as I'm gonna need to start mine this week, so I don't run into issues keeping my comic up to date, as halloween is two week from now. so that means what?

Well someone needs to voluneer to head all this stuff up. Since its Onecats idea I nominate him/her for the part. If he/she doesn't wish the burdon, then Jex as the second choice.. just cause he's sort of taken over the thing.

the webpage doesn't need to be fancy. I'm thinking black background... and the image map... maybe below the image map some text abotu what it is. the image map will link to the individual pages, and they can be done rather simply. either with the javascript image maker that yarps made, or individual pages (which still wouldn't take to long) I'm not thinking anything to fancy.. as it only a once in time sort of deal.

so we should get moving for a final here.. cause if I can't do mine this week, I'm gonna have to bail on it.

Rhellik
Regular Poster

Post by Rhellik »

I'm sorta for centerlized, too.
I'm actually gonna do an etrxa halloween special for my comic, other than the keenspooks one, so I would then link to the "keespooks site".

Oneeyecat
Regular Poster

Post by Oneeyecat »

Although I was the first to write about Halloween, I really haven't done much since. So I think JexKrome should have the honor of hosting this, he has really got the ball rolling on this. Thanks for nominating me though, and I will do it, if Jex doesn't want to, but I think he and a few others deserve the hosting honor more then I do.

If this is okay with JexKrome that he host it, I think that is all we need. So as the Cable Gay says. Lets get 'er done'. :lol:
Oneeyecat
A Gallery of Comics
http://agallery.keenspace.com

JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Post by JexKerome »

I can do it, but it's been ages since I did an image map. And an image map of what image, exactly? A house or something? I'm thinking a black background with spiderwebs, but the image map has me doing loops. And yes, an HTML page for each submission would be nice.

And good idea about setting the picture up for halloween on the main page. I'd probably just do it for that day, and then take it out off the archives altogether. Something has to go into the asked-for art gallery, after all...

Very well. Explain this image map idea thingie here to me, and start either posting the submissions here or email them at jorcid at gmail dot com. I'll contact McDee and get the baloney rolling.

Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Post by Kris X »

I've been busy lately, so I missed the posts, and am too lazy to read all the pages. Sooo. Is there one post that explains all we need to do? I'd like to contribute.
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

Rhellik
Regular Poster

Post by Rhellik »

oneeyecat wrote:Since there are so many of us, I don't think it would matter much if we had a few repeats of the same room, but just in case I call dibs on the scariest room of all...the haunted Bathroom!

To clear up any confusion... this Halloween event is suppose to be like walking through a haunted house, and each artist's pin-up represents a room in the haunted house. You can have your characters dress up, or react with spooks. It is up to the artist on how they want to deal with the room as long as it is Halloween related. The idea of the guide is to tie this event and the rooms together. I plan on having the guide make a comment about my room, but I guess a person could have him stand and present the room with body language or tell a story about the room as guides do.
the "guide" looking about like this:

I hope that sums it up a bit. Was too lazy to write something myself :P

Phact0rri

Post by Phact0rri »

yeah was thinking that house's windows were supposed to be an image map. maybe I got mixed up somewhere along the way. so it doesn't need to be an image map I guess.

guess it could just be a little page with the entries all hyperlinked. was thinking something fairly simple.